Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've simulated next season for you all! 11:38 - Feb 6 with 1180 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I have had a look at our historical record against every team that we would currently face in League One next year and determined the result by the most frequent outcome between the teams historically.

The stats I found are clearly up to a few years ago, so I have guessed the Burton one from memory.

TEAM Home Away
Reading W L
Bolton W D
Sunderland W L
Charlton W L
Peterborough D L
Doncaster W D
Blackpool W/D W
Wycombe D* D*
Fleetwood D* D*
Coventry W L
Southend W L
Burton W W/D
Scunthorpe W D
Accrington D* D*
Plymouth W L
Walsall W W
Rochdale D* D*
Gillingham W/D D
Bristol Rovers W L
Lincoln D* D*
Mansfield W W/L
Bury W W
Forest Green D* D*

*We have not played in the league (during the years I checked) so have assumed draws at home and away.

I have awarded 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a defeat as you’d expect.

Where the most frequent outcome as W or D I have awarded a draw to be negative and where it was W or L, I have given this a draw also.

This gives the following record:

HOME P 23 W 14 D 9 L 0 Pts 51
AWAY P 23 W 3 D 12 L 8 Pts 21
TOTAL P 46 W 17 D 21 L 8 Pts 72

That would put us 5th last year, 7th the year before that, 8th the year before that, 5th the year before that and 7th the year before that.

40% chance of the playoffs and about a 12.5% chance of us getting through to Wembley from there, given our dismal record of 1 progression in 8 at the semi-final stage!

So basically, we are going to have a decent season, might sneak in the playoffs, Portman Road will be a fortress and don't bother going away! Lol
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 11:43]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I've simulated next season for you all! on 12:15 - Feb 6 with 1041 viewsTractorCam

Typical Ipswich, steam the big teams like Sunderland and Bolton but scrape a 0-0 at home to Forest Green, everyone out!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I've simulated next season for you all! on 12:43 - Feb 6 with 971 viewsMeadowlark

A draw away at Scunthorpe on a wet and windy Tuesday night in February....Did we score first or was it a dreadful 0-0?
I've simulated next season for you all! on 12:53 - Feb 6 with 933 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I've simulated next season for you all! on 12:43 - Feb 6 by Meadowlark

A draw away at Scunthorpe on a wet and windy Tuesday night in February....Did we score first or was it a dreadful 0-0?

To be fair that Tuesday was better than the 3-0 half time lead we squandered at Peterborough when it chucked it down.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024