Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party 10:55 - Feb 7 with 44217 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who on here would vote for it?

This attack looks very coordinated this morning

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:57 - Feb 7 with 7496 viewsBackToRussia

I wouldn't funnily enough. I'm very happy to hear about all this though. More parties, and a second referendum, but on AV not EU, is what we need.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:02 - Feb 7 with 7470 viewsJakeITFC

I think it’s going to reflect very badly on Labour that they haven’t put up any opposition to Brexit.

It’s always been a difficult situation for them in that they’d either be ignoring the majority of the vote or the majority of the young that had started backing them before the last GE. I’m biased, but I think they picked the wrong track.

I’m indifferent towards a new party, I think we just need a new way of doing things as BTR alludes to above.
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:03 - Feb 7 with 7466 viewsGuthrum

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 10:57 - Feb 7 by BackToRussia

I wouldn't funnily enough. I'm very happy to hear about all this though. More parties, and a second referendum, but on AV not EU, is what we need.

Agree. More parties would be a good thing (and electoral reform).

Regarding a genuine split in Labour, I'll believe it when I see it. There have been too many rumblings before which have come to nothing. Think it's more likely the Conservatives will fragment first.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:05 - Feb 7 with 7453 viewschicoazul

Won't happen.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:06 - Feb 7 with 7442 viewsfooters

The new SDP!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:07 - Feb 7 with 7428 viewsChampionship

Doubt it. None of those three care about upsetting Corbyn.
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:09 - Feb 7 with 7425 viewsGuthrum

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:06 - Feb 7 by footers

The new SDP!

Thing is, like the Gang of Four in 1981, it will require a leadership group to split off in order to start the ball rolling.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:10 - Feb 7 with 7409 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:03 - Feb 7 by Guthrum

Regarding a genuine split in Labour, I'll believe it when I see it. There have been too many rumblings before which have come to nothing. Think it's more likely the Conservatives will fragment first.

It’s defiantly coming probably once we leave in March. Anna Soubry, Sarah Wooleston and Heidi Allen will also leave the Tories to join Chuka and co.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:12 - Feb 7 with 7398 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:09 - Feb 7 by Guthrum

Thing is, like the Gang of Four in 1981, it will require a leadership group to split off in order to start the ball rolling.

From what I have read it will be Chuka fronting the new group.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:14 - Feb 7 with 7386 viewsGuthrum

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:10 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

It’s defiantly coming probably once we leave in March. Anna Soubry, Sarah Wooleston and Heidi Allen will also leave the Tories to join Chuka and co.

Could also see some of the ERG types defecting to the new Brexit Party if there's any kind of hold-up or too much softness for them.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:14 - Feb 7 with 7384 viewschicoazul

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:10 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

When we leave, and things are more or less alright as they almost definitely will be for pretty much everyone, Blairism will be dead in this country and we will revert to stricter right/left divides again. The Tory part may actually start to act like conservatives again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:14 - Feb 7 with 7381 viewsfooters

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:09 - Feb 7 by Guthrum

He's been waiting...

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:16 - Feb 7 with 7354 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:06 - Feb 7 by footers

The new SDP!

You may laugh but thankfully the SDP cost your man Foot any chance of winning the 1983 election which ironically included Brexit in his manifesto.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 11:17]

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:17 - Feb 7 with 7352 viewschicoazul

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:14 - Feb 7 by footers

He's been waiting...

His mission was accomplished ages ago when Cameron took over the Tories. Plus the twt is so rich now that I am sure he can't be bothered.
I wouldnt bet against Gordon Brown being Labour leader again in the future though.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:17 - Feb 7 with 7350 viewsGuthrum

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:14 - Feb 7 by footers

He's been waiting...

Think he could go on waiting for a long time before anyone asks!

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:17 - Feb 7 with 7347 viewslowhouseblue

trouble is, if brexit is the immediate issue, you just end up splitting the splitters.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:19 - Feb 7 with 7337 viewsGuthrum

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:17 - Feb 7 by chicoazul

His mission was accomplished ages ago when Cameron took over the Tories. Plus the twt is so rich now that I am sure he can't be bothered.
I wouldnt bet against Gordon Brown being Labour leader again in the future though.

I doubt the latter, too backward looking. If any of that lot, more likely to be the other Milliband brother.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:20 - Feb 7 with 7321 viewsfooters

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:16 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

You may laugh but thankfully the SDP cost your man Foot any chance of winning the 1983 election which ironically included Brexit in his manifesto.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 11:17]

Actually I think it would be a pretty shrewd move politically. Problem with it is gaining the traction and creating a strong 'brand' and position. Hard to get very excited about an avowedly centrist party, especially when the LDs already exist.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:22 - Feb 7 with 7313 viewsfooters

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:17 - Feb 7 by Guthrum

Think he could go on waiting for a long time before anyone asks!

Tone doesn't care about being asked! He's been praying a lot recently, dontchaknow.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:22 - Feb 7 with 7312 viewslowhouseblue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:20 - Feb 7 by footers

Actually I think it would be a pretty shrewd move politically. Problem with it is gaining the traction and creating a strong 'brand' and position. Hard to get very excited about an avowedly centrist party, especially when the LDs already exist.

do the lib dems exist though? do you have any proof?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:25 - Feb 7 with 7294 viewsfooters

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:22 - Feb 7 by lowhouseblue

do the lib dems exist though? do you have any proof?

In the hearts and minds of sandal-wearers everywhere they do. But seriously, they're still an established party with a good local presence. People know what they are and have probably forgiven the whole betrayal bit by now.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:37 - Feb 7 with 7253 viewsNo9

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:03 - Feb 7 by Guthrum

Political parties need leaders = none on the horizon at the moment
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:37 - Feb 7 with 7247 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fairly Lovely Utterly Futile Fools party?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:38 - Feb 7 with 7245 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:25 - Feb 7 by footers

In the hearts and minds of sandal-wearers everywhere they do. But seriously, they're still an established party with a good local presence. People know what they are and have probably forgiven the whole betrayal bit by now.

That’s the thing though. People don’t know what the Lib Dems are. In Labour areas they fight elections as being more left than Labour. In Tory areas they fight as being like caring Tories.

The Lib Dem’s having had an identity for a very long time.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:39 - Feb 7 with 7232 viewsBasuco

With the Conservative party moving increasingly to the right wing and Labour moving to the left wing at the same time, this leaves a huge gap in the middle ground of UK politics (where most general elections are won) and plenty of room for a genuine third party to move into. Labour have to realise at some point that Jeremy Corbyn could not win an election against a Conservative party in complete disarray, that was his big chance and he/they blew it. Many Labour supporters criticise Tony Blair but by taking the middle ground he won a landslide victory in the 1997 general election, was PM for 10 years and won 3 general elections, this seems to have been forgotten by Corbyn supporters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024