Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party 10:55 - Feb 7 with 44591 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who on here would vote for it?

This attack looks very coordinated this morning

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:22 - Feb 7 with 2924 viewseireblue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:10 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

Hmm. Not very enlightened of you to use my opposite gender and an article of clothing most associated with females as an insult.

Of course you know what you have done to yourself there.

All of your put downs, insults and negative comments towards other posters will need to be gender neutral from now on.
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:26 - Feb 7 with 2911 viewsLeagueOne

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:17 - Feb 7 by chicoazul

Open borders are literally a Marxist dream and goal, along with one super-currency controlled centrally. The point about PFI which I assume is the one you are making is a fair one but in part this was done to change the way Govt debt was reported.

How is having a employment net of billions anything to do with Marxism?

The right wing of this country, the Conservative Party, both joined the EU and continue to support it because their business interests take advantage of that large labour market and the controls they have over tariffs, the more countries in the trading block, the easier trade becomes and the wealth for the top improves. They are not concerned with the person at the the bottom so much as continuing to maintain the top.

Marxism in essence is the abolition of private property, and returning the resources from private enterprise aka business to the people. Arguably under a truly Marxist opened border system you'd see less people need to take advantage of open borders because there wouldn't be business driving the need for that employment, or additional skills and assuming that the entire world was Marxist then someone living in Africa would have the same level of wealth as someone living in England anyway, so aside from wanting to live in a crowded, often rainy, dump of an English big Town or city, what's the incentive for them to arrive?

Again I am not for total Marxism, I just feel people have become totally confused as to what is right and left wing these days.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:26 - Feb 7 with 2904 viewsBackToRussia

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:22 - Feb 7 by eireblue

Of course you know what you have done to yourself there.

All of your put downs, insults and negative comments towards other posters will need to be gender neutral from now on.

It's OK, since GB stopped being a Tory he has turned into a hardcore SJW. He knows all the rules.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:27 - Feb 7 with 2899 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:18 - Feb 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

If May got a Brexit deal through parliament on Labour votes how would it go down with your old tory mp friends?

She will get her deal through with Labour votes. The ERG are a group of only 80 MP's. Less than half of those are what you would call head bangers or swivel eyed loons.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:27 - Feb 7 with 2895 viewsBackToRussia

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:26 - Feb 7 by LeagueOne

The right wing of this country, the Conservative Party, both joined the EU and continue to support it because their business interests take advantage of that large labour market and the controls they have over tariffs, the more countries in the trading block, the easier trade becomes and the wealth for the top improves. They are not concerned with the person at the the bottom so much as continuing to maintain the top.

Marxism in essence is the abolition of private property, and returning the resources from private enterprise aka business to the people. Arguably under a truly Marxist opened border system you'd see less people need to take advantage of open borders because there wouldn't be business driving the need for that employment, or additional skills and assuming that the entire world was Marxist then someone living in Africa would have the same level of wealth as someone living in England anyway, so aside from wanting to live in a crowded, often rainy, dump of an English big Town or city, what's the incentive for them to arrive?

Again I am not for total Marxism, I just feel people have become totally confused as to what is right and left wing these days.

Where have you been pal?? Excellent post again.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:27 - Feb 7 with 2898 viewsgiant_stow

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:13 - Feb 7 by footers

I'm with that guy. But we can still be friends, ullaa - make like a burger and meet in the middle n all that :)

Unfortunately I can't see PR happening any time soon. The man on the street probably couldn't give two stuffs about it, difficult to drum up excitement about a new voting system!

Chuckle, yes!

I wonder whether these brexit shenanigans will help convince the man in the street though?

There's currently a sizeable minority of people like me who are politically homeless - a new party would give us back a voice.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:29 - Feb 7 with 2880 viewsBackToRussia

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:03 - Feb 7 by Guthrum

Agree. More parties would be a good thing (and electoral reform).

Regarding a genuine split in Labour, I'll believe it when I see it. There have been too many rumblings before which have come to nothing. Think it's more likely the Conservatives will fragment first.

Medway tractor feel free to comment. Electoral reform seems an odd one to be against in these times.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:31 - Feb 7 with 2871 viewseireblue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:17 - Feb 7 by chicoazul

Open borders are literally a Marxist dream and goal, along with one super-currency controlled centrally. The point about PFI which I assume is the one you are making is a fair one but in part this was done to change the way Govt debt was reported.

A right wing ideal I believe is free markets. E.g. no regulatory body or government should control the supply and demand of goods.

Limiting the quantities of people to do work, and so effect the supply and demand side, is what a government does by controlling borders.

So errr, it maybe a Marxist dream, it is also a consequence of a right wing free market economy.

Maybe the EU is a bit like the BBC, depending on personal politics, you can decide if the EU is supporting big business and right wing, or a Marxist overlord.
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:33 - Feb 7 with 2858 viewsfooters

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:27 - Feb 7 by giant_stow

Chuckle, yes!

I wonder whether these brexit shenanigans will help convince the man in the street though?

There's currently a sizeable minority of people like me who are politically homeless - a new party would give us back a voice.

Oh wow. Looking back on it I didn't realise how many actually voted and how emphatic the result was.

41% of the electorate (not bad for an AV ref I suppose) with 67.9% voting against. Hmm. We might have some work to do to convince people...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:33 - Feb 7 with 2853 viewsitfcjoe

I would, I know I'd be wasting my time but ultimately I'm a centrist and not on either wing of the political spectrum which the Tories and Labour seem to be driving towards.

Feel like the Lib Dems have run their course, and there needs a new centrist party with more credibility

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:33 - Feb 7 with 2847 viewsBackToRussia

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:31 - Feb 7 by eireblue

A right wing ideal I believe is free markets. E.g. no regulatory body or government should control the supply and demand of goods.

Limiting the quantities of people to do work, and so effect the supply and demand side, is what a government does by controlling borders.

So errr, it maybe a Marxist dream, it is also a consequence of a right wing free market economy.

Maybe the EU is a bit like the BBC, depending on personal politics, you can decide if the EU is supporting big business and right wing, or a Marxist overlord.

Chico is definitely the type to bang on about cultural Marxism and how we all need to be alpha wolf of wall street males reconnected with traditional masculinity or such other b0llocks.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:34 - Feb 7 with 2843 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:33 - Feb 7 by footers

Oh wow. Looking back on it I didn't realise how many actually voted and how emphatic the result was.

41% of the electorate (not bad for an AV ref I suppose) with 67.9% voting against. Hmm. We might have some work to do to convince people...

41 + 67.9 = 108.9%

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:35 - Feb 7 with 2824 viewsHerbivore

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:42 - Feb 7 by chicoazul

Blair wasnt "middle ground" though, he just seemed like that. He was pretty hard to the left.

Hahahahahahaha! Your understanding of the political spectrum is whack, dog.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:35 - Feb 7 with 2827 viewsfooters

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:34 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

41 + 67.9 = 108.9%

What I meant was the turnout was 41% and the vote against 67.9%.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:35 - Feb 7 with 2819 viewsBackToRussia

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:33 - Feb 7 by footers

AV got absolutely thumped, but it would have totally avoided Brexit and all this trash. I'm amazed that more political commentary hasn't been made about 'the other' referendum.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:36 - Feb 7 with 2812 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:27 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

She will get her deal through with Labour votes. The ERG are a group of only 80 MP's. Less than half of those are what you would call head bangers or swivel eyed loons.

Will they stay or go?
Do you appreciate Corbyn's (statesmanlike!)relaxation of the 6 tests to enable a moderate Brexit reflective of the referendum outcome?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 14:07]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:37 - Feb 7 with 2805 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think a new party led by Chukka would walk into power.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:38 - Feb 7 with 2803 viewseireblue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:34 - Feb 7 by GlasgowBlue

41 + 67.9 = 108.9%

I think you have added an apple to an orange.

You do know this won’t help next time you post statistics.
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:38 - Feb 7 with 2797 viewsBackToRussia

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:36 - Feb 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Will they stay or go?
Do you appreciate Corbyn's (statesmanlike!)relaxation of the 6 tests to enable a moderate Brexit reflective of the referendum outcome?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 14:07]

Waaaah Corbyn should meet with May and negotiate (despite him offering to do that two years ago but never mind)

Waaaah Corbyn is negotiating and reaching an agreement

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:39 - Feb 7 with 2789 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:35 - Feb 7 by footers

Sorry. I thought you had meant 41% voted for AV and 67.9 had voted against. My mistake.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 12:45]

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:43 - Feb 7 with 2766 viewsRyorry

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 11:39 - Feb 7 by Basuco

With the Conservative party moving increasingly to the right wing and Labour moving to the left wing at the same time, this leaves a huge gap in the middle ground of UK politics (where most general elections are won) and plenty of room for a genuine third party to move into. Labour have to realise at some point that Jeremy Corbyn could not win an election against a Conservative party in complete disarray, that was his big chance and he/they blew it. Many Labour supporters criticise Tony Blair but by taking the middle ground he won a landslide victory in the 1997 general election, was PM for 10 years and won 3 general elections, this seems to have been forgotten by Corbyn supporters.

I tried to set up a new centre left party on here a year or two ago - many people heartily endorsed it, but only one person was prepared to actually put in any time and feet on the ground! (I needed someone with a background in economics to be Chancellor).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:43 - Feb 7 with 2760 viewsGuthrum

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:26 - Feb 7 by LeagueOne

How does the redistribution of wealth remove the need for employment? To produce the items which people need requires larger than individual enterprises. A blacksmith on his own would be hard-pressed to manufacture a motor vehicle from scratch, let alone enough to transport the whole village's produce to market. That's without considering electronics and the power to run them, or medical facilities and supplies, or any of the other things which enhance the length and quality of our lives.

If you're thinking of a low-level, purely agrarian economy, for one thing the global population is far too high. Resources (particularly soil fertility) are not evenly distributed. That's one thing the UK does possess a lot of, largely due to the rain about which you grumble. So foodstuffs need to be transported, which requires infrastructure, which requires industry to produce it. The alternative is a wave of mass starvation, followed by a return to 13th-century living standards.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:44 - Feb 7 with 2746 viewsHerbivore

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:35 - Feb 7 by footers

It was pretty clear what you meant to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:45 - Feb 7 with 2748 viewschicoazul

Your spot on with your last sentence! You should contribute more to the political/BRexit threads when they come up as you have a lot of value to add.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:45 - Feb 7 with 2743 viewsBackToRussia

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:43 - Feb 7 by Guthrum

How does the redistribution of wealth remove the need for employment? To produce the items which people need requires larger than individual enterprises. A blacksmith on his own would be hard-pressed to manufacture a motor vehicle from scratch, let alone enough to transport the whole village's produce to market. That's without considering electronics and the power to run them, or medical facilities and supplies, or any of the other things which enhance the length and quality of our lives.

If you're thinking of a low-level, purely agrarian economy, for one thing the global population is far too high. Resources (particularly soil fertility) are not evenly distributed. That's one thing the UK does possess a lot of, largely due to the rain about which you grumble. So foodstuffs need to be transported, which requires infrastructure, which requires industry to produce it. The alternative is a wave of mass starvation, followed by a return to 13th-century living standards.

You can improve soil fertility from an impoverished state to highly fecund within a year.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024