Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally 18:19 - Feb 7 with 5024 viewsIllinoisblue

stamping on the ex-budgie's face. Surprised Tyrone hasn't responded.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 18:28 - Feb 7 with 4986 viewsBackToRussia

It doesn't look good on video and it doesn't look good when this is your second occasion in the exact same scenario. How many incidents like this have happened Mings aside.

Ultimately nothing will happen but the man could have been blinded.

I don't enjoy feeling suspicious of his intent but I honestly can't see how you couldn't suspect it.

Accusing him directly is quite another matter though. I wonder if it rumbles on if it will ever be looked at again or if the retrospective law is final.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 18:30 - Feb 7 with 4979 viewsstrikalite

Guilty imo too, if it was accidental then don't you think it's incredible that he's managed to do it twice now where as I don't think I've seen another player do it once!
see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 19:02 - Feb 7 with 4915 viewspeterleeblue

Bizarre really. Seems a decent enough young Man.
Helping the needy on Xmas day and all that.
But he is that typical footballer than once that whistle goes will stop at nothing to win a game.

I ref local football and i see players in the club house pre match and think wouldn't say boo to a goose. Shake hands pre-match and my opinion is the same. However Blow for kick off and one controversial decision later and they arrive in my vicinity, 2 foot Taller, 2 foot wider eyes a bulging and veins a pumping.
Back in the clubhouse and its happy days again, decent lads.
Football eh!
see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 19:05 - Feb 7 with 4910 viewsRegencyBlue

Once is unfortunate, twice is careless!
see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 19:29 - Feb 7 with 4837 viewsBurwell_Blue

Twice now for Mings, perhaps he is a just a bit snide.
see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 20:12 - Feb 7 with 4760 viewsagentp

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 19:02 - Feb 7 by peterleeblue

But he is that typical footballer than once that whistle goes will stop at nothing to win a game.

I ref local football and i see players in the club house pre match and think wouldn't say boo to a goose. Shake hands pre-match and my opinion is the same. However Blow for kick off and one controversial decision later and they arrive in my vicinity, 2 foot Taller, 2 foot wider eyes a bulging and veins a pumping.
Football eh!

The nicest guys in rugby always appear to be the worst on the pitch too. If you are tough/aggresive/confident you don't need to brag about it.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 20:25 - Feb 7 with 4731 viewsbackwaywhen

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 19:29 - Feb 7 by Burwell_Blue

Twice now for Mings, perhaps he is a just a bit snide.

I honestly think it is just his gangly legs and the lack of ability to control his stride in awkward situations ....
see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 20:26 - Feb 7 with 4729 viewsBloomBlue

Hopefully his response will be along the lines of.. haha correct I fecking meant it, scum.
Login to get fewer ads

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 08:35 - Feb 8 with 4495 viewsitfcjoe

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 19:02 - Feb 7 by peterleeblue

Football eh!

I remember playing football at uni in inter-mural games, it would generally be a sub for one team refs one half, and the other team the other.

A couple of players on our team who had played at quite a decent level - academy football, mens football and getting paid, were absolute a*seholes. Getting in the refs face and screaming at him, when the ref was literally one of our good mates who like the rest of us had travelled out to the pitch, given up his day and then drawn the short straw and been given the whistle for a half.

Could never understand that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 09:01 - Feb 8 with 4443 viewseireblue

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 20:25 - Feb 7 by backwaywhen

I honestly think it is just his gangly legs and the lack of ability to control his stride in awkward situations ....

It reminds me a bit in terms of cycling and motorcycling, you tend to go where you are looking.

Which is very frustrating when you are looking at a pot hole, trying to avoid it, and hit it every single time.
see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 09:24 - Feb 8 with 4405 viewsJammyDodgerrr

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 18:30 - Feb 7 by strikalite

Guilty imo too, if it was accidental then don't you think it's incredible that he's managed to do it twice now where as I don't think I've seen another player do it once!

The guys running at pace, looking at the ball, and is fairly tall. I think it could easily happen that he tries to jump over someone at immediate notice, and accidentally step on a part of the body. i don't believe it's in anyway intentional, and IMO he shouldn't of been punished for the Ibrahimovic incident either.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 09:55 - Feb 8 with 4372 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 11:10 - Feb 8 with 4297 viewsWickets

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 09:24 - Feb 8 by JammyDodgerrr

The guys running at pace, looking at the ball, and is fairly tall. I think it could easily happen that he tries to jump over someone at immediate notice, and accidentally step on a part of the body. i don't believe it's in anyway intentional, and IMO he shouldn't of been punished for the Ibrahimovic incident either.

Maybe i'm a bit of a sucker but i do agree with you. Also if it had been intentional why would he risk all doing it again.
see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 11:21 - Feb 8 with 4281 viewsSuperfrans

If I was Tyrone, I'd sue the ass off him.

Clearly accidental. And anyone suggesting otherwise is making an extremely serious allegation.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 11:27 - Feb 8 with 4266 viewsSuperfrans

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 11:10 - Feb 8 by Wickets

Maybe i'm a bit of a sucker but i do agree with you. Also if it had been intentional why would he risk all doing it again.

Totally agree.

In the case of Ibrahimovic, he clearly tried to vault him and misjudged.
In this case, his back foot got caught, he could never have avoided Oliviera - without levitating or something.

In any case, why would even the most psychotic person choose to do that twice - r even engineer a situation to do so twice? It just doesn't stack up to me.

And that's before you even factor in the player's temperament and disciplinary record. He's never been sent off, I think, and only a handful of yellow cards as a pro.

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 11:31 - Feb 8 with 4258 viewsJammyDodgerrr

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 11:27 - Feb 8 by Superfrans

Totally agree.

In this case, his back foot got caught, he could never have avoided Oliviera - without levitating or something.

In any case, why would even the most psychotic person choose to do that twice - r even engineer a situation to do so twice? It just doesn't stack up to me.

And that's before you even factor in the player's temperament and disciplinary record. He's never been sent off, I think, and only a handful of yellow cards as a pro.

Spot on.

Especially for a guy who broke his leg recently too, it would take the most sadistic type of person to forcefully do that knowing the pain of an injury!

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 12:41 - Feb 8 with 4197 viewsitfcjoe

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 11:27 - Feb 8 by Superfrans

Totally agree.

If there is evidence of Oliveria doing something untowards to him in the minutes preceding this then I think it could easily be argued it's retribution as builds the case against him.

I don't know that there was, and guess if there was it would have surfaced by now, but #justsaying

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 13:20 - Feb 8 with 4130 viewsSuperfrans

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 12:41 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

If there is evidence of Oliveria doing something untowards to him in the minutes preceding this then I think it could easily be argued it's retribution as builds the case against him.

I don't know that there was, and guess if there was it would have surfaced by now, but #justsaying

The burden of proof with defamation lies with the person making the allegation. If he can't prove it was intentional (which he can't) he'd be bang to rights.

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 16:24 - Feb 8 with 4017 viewsHARRY10

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 13:20 - Feb 8 by Superfrans

The burden of proof with defamation lies with the person making the allegation. If he can't prove it was intentional (which he can't) he'd be bang to rights.

Any action would merely continue the negative publicity, and many of the jury may well be swayed Oliviera s injuries at the time, and the previous incident.

For my part he looks guilty.
see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 17:54 - Feb 8 with 3940 viewsstrikalite

Totally agree.

You fight his corner well, I've not seen how Mings reacted straight after the incident, did he immediately go to him or not? If he didn't then guilty 100% imo..
see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 18:11 - Feb 8 with 3923 viewsbadadski

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 17:54 - Feb 8 by strikalite

You fight his corner well, I've not seen how Mings reacted straight after the incident, did he immediately go to him or not? If he didn't then guilty 100% imo..

I'm sorry to me it was as intentional is it gets, he looked down, saw Oliveria and then stood on him full force, its up to him to take evasive actions.

I have been in so many similar positions when playing and regardless of what momentum you have gained and what flow you are in then it is easy to take your weight off your legs even if it means you collapsing down body and tea bagging the other player then you do it.
see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 18:26 - Feb 8 with 3910 viewsstrikalite

see the Reading manager has accused Mings of intentionally on 18:11 - Feb 8 by badadski

I'm sorry to me it was as intentional is it gets, he looked down, saw Oliveria and then stood on him full force, its up to him to take evasive actions.

I have been in so many similar positions when playing and regardless of what momentum you have gained and what flow you are in then it is easy to take your weight off your legs even if it means you collapsing down body and tea bagging the other player then you do it.

Agree, was talking about this today with a couple of guys at work, both play at a decent level and we saw it like you have to, you've put it well there, some won't understand and think it's not possible but you're spot on in collapsing upper body and rolling out of it by not putting your foot fully down..
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 18:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024