Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What, France and Italy diplomatic row continues 22:31 - Feb 7 with 1181 viewsBloomBlue

How can that happen in the utopia of the EU?
France has recalled its ambassador to Italy for talks

Worst France is quoted as saying the situation was "unprecedented" since the end of World War Two.
Doesn't France know the rules; don't mention the war.
What, France and Italy diplomatic row continues on 22:34 - Feb 7 with 1158 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It's almost like the individual members of the EU do have control of their own affairs after all isn't it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What, France and Italy diplomatic row continues on 22:37 - Feb 7 with 1151 viewsreusersfreekicks

Popularist, bigoted Italian govt breaking diplomatic rules. Nothing to do with EU. Still doesn't stop some people who want a 50s Britain back doing the old 2+2=5 rubbish
What, France and Italy diplomatic row continues on 22:38 - Feb 7 with 1146 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's about the 3rd time this afternoon/evening that I've heard or seen those exact same words used by a brexiteer I know or suffer on a football forum.

"How can that happen in the utopia of the EU" ('that' has been substituted with 'this' on both other ocassions, but close enough on the rest).

You don't have to parrot recite (probably Russian-sourced) Brexit propaganda you know.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What, France and Italy diplomatic row continues on 22:41 - Feb 7 with 1135 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What, France and Italy diplomatic row continues on 22:37 - Feb 7 by reusersfreekicks

Popularist, bigoted Italian govt breaking diplomatic rules. Nothing to do with EU. Still doesn't stop some people who want a 50s Britain back doing the old 2+2=5 rubbish

I think his breakdown in logic is in swallowing the idea that the EU governs each member state. You have to remember a major factor in "vote leave" was the idea of "taking back control".

What proportion of those who voted leave really thought through who already had control and who they were planning to hand even more control over to is very much open to conjecture.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What, France and Italy diplomatic row continues on 11:31 - Feb 8 with 940 viewsNo9

You just confirmed you are another who had no idea what you were voting against
What, France and Italy diplomatic row continues on 12:00 - Feb 8 with 922 viewsGlasgowBlue

In cases such as this the EU is probably a very good as mediator between the two. Also the leaders of the 2 countries will meet regularly at EU conferences, which is far better than the two of them having a standoff like the old days.

And I say this as somebody who can be very critical of how the EU works politically.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024