Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
09:49 - Feb 8 with 12674 views_

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 09:50 - Feb 8 with 7712 viewswkj

Ipswich has never been able to musically hit it big since Nick Kershaw- and for those thinking Ed Sheeran, he doesn't count, he is Mid Suffolk District Council

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

on 09:54 - Feb 8 with 7694 views_

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 09:50 - Feb 8 by wkj

Ipswich has never been able to musically hit it big since Nick Kershaw- and for those thinking Ed Sheeran, he doesn't count, he is Mid Suffolk District Council

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:35 - Feb 8 with 7556 viewsNo9

Leiston Wild Oats?
The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:43 - Feb 8 with 7548 viewsITFC_Forever

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 09:50 - Feb 8 by wkj

Drummer from the Editors is from Ipswich and is a Town fan.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:43 - Feb 8 with 7545 viewswkj

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:43 - Feb 8 by ITFC_Forever

He is no Nick Kershaw though

Crybaby

on 11:45 - Feb 8 with 7533 views_

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:43 - Feb 8 by ITFC_Forever

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:46 - Feb 8 with 7530 viewsLKW15

sorry to be a pedant but he's actually suffolk coastal district council, the point still stands though!
The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:46 - Feb 8 with 7530 viewswkj

on 11:45 - Feb 8 by _

What about Jewel?

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:49 - Feb 8 with 7515 viewsfooters

Er, excuse me, Extreme Noise Terror are from Ipswich.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

on 11:50 - Feb 8 with 7513 views_

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:46 - Feb 8 by wkj

What about Jewel?

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:52 - Feb 8 with 7511 viewsstringy

well the Adicts are still packing venues in Europe, the States and South America

then there's East Town Pirates (and Red Flag 77 before them), plus Sustained, Panorama in Black, ENT, Anihilated, Threat amongst many others from the heady Murrayside / Albion Mills / Manor Ballroom / Steamboat days...
The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:53 - Feb 8 with 7495 viewsfooters

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:52 - Feb 8 by stringy

well the Adicts are still packing venues in Europe, the States and South America

then there's East Town Pirates (and Red Flag 77 before them), plus Sustained, Panorama in Black, ENT, Anihilated, Threat amongst many others from the heady Murrayside / Albion Mills / Manor Ballroom / Steamboat days...

Cradle of Filth are Ipswich too, aren't they? Would love to see Dani Filth in the stands.

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:59 - Feb 8 with 7489 viewsstringy

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:53 - Feb 8 by footers

Cradle of Filth are Ipswich too, aren't they? Would love to see Dani Filth in the stands.

well Rikki of ETP / Red Flag 77 and co-editor of our old 'zine Terminal Boredom was til recently a season ticket holder

Jim M of the Threat used to work in catering at Portman Road

me and Monkey (Adicts) went to all home games with a bunch of others back in the late 80's (til he moved stateside)

and I bumped into Jim P (Retarded / Panorama in Black / As Is) in the stadium in Moscow in our UEFA cup run

so a hearty amount of footy links
The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 12:01 - Feb 8 with 7473 viewsSteve_M

Have you all forgotten about Asa?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 12:02 - Feb 8 with 7473 viewsfooters

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 11:59 - Feb 8 by stringy

well Rikki of ETP / Red Flag 77 and co-editor of our old 'zine Terminal Boredom was til recently a season ticket holder

Jim M of the Threat used to work in catering at Portman Road

me and Monkey (Adicts) went to all home games with a bunch of others back in the late 80's (til he moved stateside)

and I bumped into Jim P (Retarded / Panorama in Black / As Is) in the stadium in Moscow in our UEFA cup run

so a hearty amount of footy links

You ran a 'zine as well, awesome! What time was this, mid-80s? Must have been an incredible scene in those days. Shame I wasn't born in time to see it! My dad went to a lot of those gigs though, I still hate him for it.

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 12:08 - Feb 8 with 7461 viewsstringy

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 12:02 - Feb 8 by footers

You ran a 'zine as well, awesome! What time was this, mid-80s? Must have been an incredible scene in those days. Shame I wasn't born in time to see it! My dad went to a lot of those gigs though, I still hate him for it.

Ipswich was phenomenal in those days (early 80's), you had all the major bands playing Gaumont (Clash, Banshees, Undertones, Stranglers inter alia), the UEA was active up the road (Dead Kennedys), and then the local scene was *incredibly* active - everyone was either in a band (Adicts were already established but you had PIB, Threat, Still Life in Action, Anihilated, Victims of War, Frestate, Raw Noise [then ENT], Sustained amongst many others. Those who weren't in a band tended to put on gigs or run faznines.

It was very close-knit and friendly, and we had links all over the country.

*many* of us are still connected and doing stuff - check out the Punk History - Ipswich and East Anglia Facebook page where there are a bunch of local zines archived as PDFs and tons of images

enjoy!
The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 12:15 - Feb 8 with 7428 viewswkj

on 11:50 - Feb 8 by _

Wrong Jewel, Thankfully

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewel_(singer)

Crybaby

on 12:18 - Feb 8 with 7419 views_

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 12:08 - Feb 8 by stringy

Ipswich was phenomenal in those days (early 80's), you had all the major bands playing Gaumont (Clash, Banshees, Undertones, Stranglers inter alia), the UEA was active up the road (Dead Kennedys), and then the local scene was *incredibly* active - everyone was either in a band (Adicts were already established but you had PIB, Threat, Still Life in Action, Anihilated, Victims of War, Frestate, Raw Noise [then ENT], Sustained amongst many others. Those who weren't in a band tended to put on gigs or run faznines.

It was very close-knit and friendly, and we had links all over the country.

*many* of us are still connected and doing stuff - check out the Punk History - Ipswich and East Anglia Facebook page where there are a bunch of local zines archived as PDFs and tons of images

enjoy!

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 12:46 - Feb 8 with 7363 viewshatch

Outlya are a very decent band from Suffolk that have done the festival circuit and supported George Ezra's tour:

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 12:49 - Feb 8 with 7358 viewsitfcjoe

Are they as good as The Darkness, who I was excited to hear are supporting Ed Sheeran

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 12:59 - Feb 8 with 7300 views_

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 12:49 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

Are they as good as The Darkness, who I was excited to hear are supporting Ed Sheeran

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 13:03 - Feb 8 with 7285 viewsitfcjoe

on 12:59 - Feb 8 by _

I did just have alook, but don't have access anywhere as not available on my Amazon Music, will bite the bullet and buy it at some point

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 13:14 - Feb 8 with 7254 views_

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 13:03 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

I did just have alook, but don't have access anywhere as not available on my Amazon Music, will bite the bullet and buy it at some point

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 13:23 - Feb 8 with 7208 viewsSpruceMoose

Wrong. King Billy and The Marvelous, Hare and Hounds, I forget when. Best gig Ipswich has seen in decades.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 14:09 - Feb 8 with 7156 viewsblueislander

The Greatest Suffolk based band that you've never heard of... on 13:23 - Feb 8 by SpruceMoose

Wrong. King Billy and The Marvelous, Hare and Hounds, I forget when. Best gig Ipswich has seen in decades.

Throughout the 60s we were fortunate to have Bluesville at The Manor Ballroom , and were able to see bands such as Spencer Davis Group, Georgie Fame and The Blueflames, Downliner Sect, The Art Woods, Graham Bond Organisation, Zoot Money and the Big Roll Band , and Long John Baldry and Steampacket (featuring Rod Stewart) , on a regular basis. The biggest and best local band were Nick and The Nomads who played Chiuck Berry and Bo Diddlely numbers along with other R&B classics.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024