Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst’s “I detest” quote 12:46 - Feb 9 with 5073 viewspatrickswell

He’s trying to frame it that players blocked his efforts to improve them - to me it just reads that he came in and treated everyone who was already here as though they were mediocre from the moment he got here. He demoralised and undermined his players from day 1. If there is any justice, his next job will be in an Amazon warehouse somewhere. His legacy is a side careering into League One and a ground (as highlighted in George Caulkin’s Times preview of tomorrow’s match) plastered in meaningless motivational quotes and buzzwords.
Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 12:50 - Feb 9 with 5016 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

For all that Hurst did wrong, you cant absolve the players of any blame!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 12:57 - Feb 9 with 4973 viewsChampionship

What do you expect him to say? He has a career to protect.
Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 13:01 - Feb 9 with 4970 viewsGarv

All a bit OTT that.

The players were comfortable for 6 years. Chambers admitted it had gone that way. They didn't like someone trying to break the mould and rebelled against it. Bart threw his toys out the pram because he got dropped after poor performances.

The blame for this car crash of a year can be shared around lots of people.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 13:02 - Feb 9 with 4962 viewsColchesterBlue1985

This has been done to death but what is clear regardless of being treated well or badly by the managers they’ve been equally mediocre for both.

Hurst is no longer here so the right here and right now is the players and getting the right squad in place to bring us back.
Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 14:43 - Feb 9 with 4685 viewspatrickswell

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 12:50 - Feb 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Oh the players have been terrible, no question of that. My point is Hurst laid the groundwork for this from day 1. A combination of his attitude/approach towards those already here allied to his crazy transfer business.
Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 14:48 - Feb 9 with 4666 viewspatrickswell

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 13:01 - Feb 9 by Garv

All a bit OTT that.

The players were comfortable for 6 years. Chambers admitted it had gone that way. They didn't like someone trying to break the mould and rebelled against it. Bart threw his toys out the pram because he got dropped after poor performances.

I think he lost Bart when he informed him he was dropped by naming the team 90 minutes before a game was due to start. It’s not good man-management, and when you’ve only been through the door 2 minutes, it helps no-one.
Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 15:02 - Feb 9 with 4623 viewsjeera

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 14:48 - Feb 9 by patrickswell

I think he lost Bart when he informed him he was dropped by naming the team 90 minutes before a game was due to start. It’s not good man-management, and when you’ve only been through the door 2 minutes, it helps no-one.

I'm with you.

They didn't like him and there's reason for that.

They're not a bunch of children who just decided to play up for the sake of it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 15:07 - Feb 9 with 4595 viewsBlueBadger

All a bit OTT that.

That's possibly the most elaborate 'it's all that Nasty man from Yorkshire's fault' ever.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 15:12 - Feb 9 with 4573 views3_5_2

I am sure I am not the only one but I could not give a flying fcuk what Hurst thinks or says

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 15:21 - Feb 9 with 4543 viewsBluesquid

Hurst has long gone and the players wanted a new manager and they got their wish, surely they are still not moping and sulking about Hurst are they?

Time is rapidly running out, at what point do these "demoralised" and "undermined" players start responding to Lambert?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 15:23]
Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 16:25 - Feb 9 with 4395 viewsPositivelyPortman

Not keen on PH then lovey?
Jesus give it a rest. He’s long gone and those demoralised boys still haven’t kicked on have they?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 16:27 - Feb 9 with 4385 viewsjeera

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 16:25 - Feb 9 by PositivelyPortman

Jesus give it a rest. He’s long gone and those demoralised boys still haven’t kicked on have they?

There's a story on the front page.

He is commenting on that story.

It makes sense to comments on stories on this site that are written for this site.

Edit: I notice you have upped a post of mine elsewhere and now feel as ungrateful as this man: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/man-steals-police-car-immediately-after-the
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 16:30]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 16:30 - Feb 9 with 4361 viewsChampionship

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 16:25 - Feb 9 by PositivelyPortman

Are you related to PH? All you ever do is defend him.
Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 17:02 - Feb 9 with 4283 viewsSteve_M

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 14:48 - Feb 9 by patrickswell

"How are you even an International keeper?" was right out of the Alex Ferguson school of man-management too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 17:35 - Feb 9 with 4171 viewspointofblue

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 17:02 - Feb 9 by Steve_M

"How are you even an International keeper?" was right out of the Alex Ferguson school of man-management too.

To be fair, one factor in McCarthy's campaign to Hurst's is the former had a superb 'keeper; the latter had to deal with someone who had/has lost all the skills which made him so good - did the outburst come before Bart slid downhill or after?
[Post edited 9 Feb 2019 17:42]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 17:37 - Feb 9 with 4161 viewsfooters

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 17:02 - Feb 9 by Steve_M

Coming from a former player like Doig is extremely ironic. Bart should have asked him who he was.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 19:01 - Feb 9 with 4011 viewsBlueBadger

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 12:50 - Feb 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's not really fault that they're rubbish though, is it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 20:59 - Feb 9 with 3820 viewsScottCandage

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 17:37 - Feb 9 by footers

Coming from a former player like Doig is extremely ironic. Bart should have asked him who he was.

"You were a sh*t player and now you're a sh*t manager!"
Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 23:59 - Feb 9 with 3570 viewsGarv

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 15:07 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

That's possibly the most elaborate 'it's all that Nasty man from Yorkshire's fault' ever.

I just told you it's not all Hurst's fault. Mick can have some though, certainly.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 00:39 - Feb 10 with 3519 viewsbournemouthblue

All a bit OTT that.

Getting rid of three of our best players from last season certainly contributed

We have no idea what his instructions were from Evans though, perhaps he took the job knowing the likes of Webster and Waghorn had to be sold?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 00:44 - Feb 10 with 3500 viewsHorseboy

Explain pogbas situation?

Sounds similar?
Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 00:46 - Feb 10 with 3499 viewsHorseboy

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 13:02 - Feb 9 by ColchesterBlue1985

This has been done to death but what is clear regardless of being treated well or badly by the managers they’ve been equally mediocre for both.

Hurst is no longer here so the right here and right now is the players and getting the right squad in place to bring us back.

Well said
Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 02:31 - Feb 10 with 3427 viewsBlueBadger

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 23:59 - Feb 9 by Garv

I just told you it's not all Hurst's fault. Mick can have some though, certainly.

The Nasty Man From Yorkshire's players had us punching way, way above our weight for a long while. If you really want to blame hime for something, blame him for over-inflated expectations about very average players.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 2:37]

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 03:27 - Feb 10 with 3394 viewsGunnsAirkick

This is why I was always "Mick In". Like Lambert, he was a good man manager. The sort of guy that when the chips are down, he'll still have an arm around the shoulder. Hurst was extremely cold, he had none of that. You can have the scientific approach and still be a nice guy also. It pains me to say it but look at Farke; I can't dislike the guy. He is softly spoken but he knows what he wants out of his team. You don't have to be a meathead to get the best out of a team. Thankfully, I think Lambert knows this too (even though it hasn't paid off yet).
Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 09:01 - Feb 10 with 3123 viewsagentp

Hurst’s “I detest” quote on 00:39 - Feb 10 by bournemouthblue

Getting rid of three of our best players from last season certainly contributed

We have no idea what his instructions were from Evans though, perhaps he took the job knowing the likes of Webster and Waghorn had to be sold?

There were no instructions. They all wanted to leave!

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024