Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loud and proud today 10:09 - Feb 10 with 797 viewsclive_baker

They’ll never achieve what we’ve achieved. They’ll never win what we’ve won, and look into that trophy cabinet with that feeling of pride that we enjoy.

They’ll never be walking around Cancun in football shorts and have a random Welsh couple approach them and reel off their stories of memorable sides from the past that even neutrals loved to watch, and remember fondly to this day.

So sing loud and proud today because whatever happens, I’ll be following the town up or down, as I always have.

I might’ve had a few beers already and the arrival of my daughter might’ve given me a different perspective, but today’s league position is immiterial in the context of the histories of our 2 football clubs.

Simply put, they’ll never be us.

ITID
COYFB

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Loud and proud today on 10:19 - Feb 10 with 745 viewsSteve_M

Yep, a mate of mine said very similar in this tweet yesterday:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Loud and proud today on 10:25 - Feb 10 with 722 viewstrncbluearmy

There never be chased at the airport in Bangkok by a Thai customs guy wanting to buy the Kevin Beattie shirt your wearing.
They will never be us

COYB
Loud and proud today on 10:43 - Feb 10 with 660 viewsLeagueOne

We say that, but if they managed a decade or so in the Premiership you don't know that. Leicester and Blackburn have both won the Premiership and aren't massively bigger than Norwich, Middlesbrough has played in a Europa League final and even Portsmouth and Wigan have won FA Cups in the modern era.

We can't keep holding on to these old achievements and putting our head in the sand when it comes to Norwich. They've won their fair share of second and third tier honours in recent times and have been successfully building their club in the same time our owners been destroying ours. Since the Premier League began they've played more than double the top flight games than we have.

Therefore the false idea that they cannot be a success is just false comfort, the reality is we're not able to do what they have is purely down to the mistakes made by the owner here, and will continue to be that way until he's moved on.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Loud and proud today on 10:45 - Feb 10 with 650 viewsTractorWood

Loud and proud today on 10:25 - Feb 10 by trncbluearmy

There never be chased at the airport in Bangkok by a Thai customs guy wanting to buy the Kevin Beattie shirt your wearing.
They will never be us

COYB

Are you sure it was the shirt?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Loud and proud today on 11:12 - Feb 10 with 578 viewsOxford_Blue

All agreed.

But you’re only as good as your last game and right now we can’t live off memeories 40 years ago.

Need the points today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024