Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season 14:38 - Feb 10 with 3232 viewstractorshark

So much has been said about our dodgy defence and ineffective strikeforce this season but that was the first time I’ve seen our midfield dominate the opposition.
First 10 mins were poor but after that we were very good.
Chalobah and Judge were excellent, Skuse good and Nolan had his best game in a Town shirt. Bishop also looked back to his best.
And, to be fair, the defence was very good after the first goal. I like Bree - and Knudsen showed why he’s better than the other 2 left-backs.
We just look so poor up front and I would cash in on Bart at the end of the season.
Was flat-footed for the second and should’ve been braver for the third.
Big earner, would command a fee and clearly lacking confidence...it’s a no brainer.

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:40 - Feb 10 with 3205 viewsIllinoisblue

"NOLAN HAD HIS BEST GAME IN A TOWN SHIRT" hhhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahah what game were you watching????

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:41 - Feb 10 with 3181 viewswkj

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:40 - Feb 10 by Illinoisblue

"NOLAN HAD HIS BEST GAME IN A TOWN SHIRT" hhhahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahah what game were you watching????

I dunno, the bar was hardly set that high to be honest.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:48 - Feb 10 with 3137 viewstractorshark

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:40 - Feb 10 by Illinoisblue

To be fair to him and I haven’t been a fan this season, Nolan did all right today.
Once we settled, he used the ball fairly well. Looked like he actually cared as well.
We had 53% possession by the end of the game. Bearing in mind, we had 24% after 15 mins, that shows our midfield was far more effective at holding on to the ball.
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:50 - Feb 10 with 3120 viewsRegencyBlue

To be fair that wouldn’t take much!
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:50 - Feb 10 with 3119 viewsCoastalblue

I think there might be a fatal flaw in the plan of cashing in on Bart?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:51 - Feb 10 with 3112 viewsclive_baker

What game were you watching?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:54 - Feb 10 with 3063 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Nolan shouldn't be wearing a Town shirt.

Never seen such a tackle shy central midfielder....he makes Arnold Muhren look like Billy Bremner!
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:56 - Feb 10 with 3046 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You do realize however blue tinted you might be that you can't use the word dominate in a 3-0 loss. It just makes you look stupid.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 14:57]
Login to get fewer ads

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:00 - Feb 10 with 3007 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

‘The defence was very good after the first goal..........’

Apart from the second goal. And the third goal.
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:09 - Feb 10 with 2960 viewsNWBlue

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:00 - Feb 10 by OsmansCleanSheet

‘The defence was very good after the first goal..........’

Apart from the second goal. And the third goal.

Our midfield dominated because the budgies let them have possession knowing we posed no threat whatsoever up front especially after Sears went off. We did well to drag them down to our level in the first half but were unable to successfully kick their creative players off the pitch and in that respect were lucky it was only Lambert hat saw red.
The fight was excellent and if we could score goals then we might have a chance of climbing to 22nd place and then see where we are. We should overtake Bolton and then it's whether we can do better than Reading and Rotherham.
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:09 - Feb 10 with 2959 viewstractorshark

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:56 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You do realize however blue tinted you might be that you can't use the word dominate in a 3-0 loss. It just makes you look stupid.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 14:57]

Not as stupid as someone who puts a Z in the word realise.
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:17 - Feb 10 with 2922 viewstractorshark

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 14:54 - Feb 10 by FrankfurtBlue

Nolan shouldn't be wearing a Town shirt.

Never seen such a tackle shy central midfielder....he makes Arnold Muhren look like Billy Bremner!

I wouldn’t dare mention Nolan in the same breath as Muhren.

I’m not saying he was brilliant, I’m just pointing out I thought that was the most effective performance I’ve seen from him. And I agree that’s not saying much. And Judge and Chalobah were far better. And it’s all about opinions and mine may be wrong.

But I thought that was the first time our midfield really competed and had the upper hand in a match. I’ll concede it wasn’t for 90 minutes but we weren’t bullied and we actually kept possession and pushed forwards.

We aren’t very good, we all know that, but 3-0 wasn’t a fair reflection of the game, even if it was indicative of our season.
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:20 - Feb 10 with 2904 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:09 - Feb 10 by tractorshark

American English, not my fault. Glad you were pleased with the performance anyway.
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:23 - Feb 10 with 2876 viewstractorshark

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:20 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

American English, not my fault. Glad you were pleased with the performance anyway.

You edited your post and still didn’t spot it.
To quote yourself:
“It just makes you look stupid.”
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:31 - Feb 10 with 2820 viewsFrankfurtBlue

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:17 - Feb 10 by tractorshark

I wouldn’t dare mention Nolan in the same breath as Muhren.

I’m not saying he was brilliant, I’m just pointing out I thought that was the most effective performance I’ve seen from him. And I agree that’s not saying much. And Judge and Chalobah were far better. And it’s all about opinions and mine may be wrong.

But I thought that was the first time our midfield really competed and had the upper hand in a match. I’ll concede it wasn’t for 90 minutes but we weren’t bullied and we actually kept possession and pushed forwards.

We aren’t very good, we all know that, but 3-0 wasn’t a fair reflection of the game, even if it was indicative of our season.

Muhren more than compensated for his tackling abilities, but Nolan doesn't. He isn't a creator or scorer. He does keep possession, but mostly by passing sideways or backwards. He doesn't dribble and create space for others. He jockies opponents and rarely puts a tackle in, or even get close enough to force an error out of an opponent. What is his role?
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:43 - Feb 10 with 2768 viewstractorshark

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:31 - Feb 10 by FrankfurtBlue

Muhren more than compensated for his tackling abilities, but Nolan doesn't. He isn't a creator or scorer. He does keep possession, but mostly by passing sideways or backwards. He doesn't dribble and create space for others. He jockies opponents and rarely puts a tackle in, or even get close enough to force an error out of an opponent. What is his role?

That’s a valid point and a constructive reply.
I don’t think he’s ever going to be a tackler. His role was supposed to be a creator but he’s not done it.
Judge’s performance today highlighted how far Nolan is off truly influencing a game at Championship level. And that’s even allowing for the fact I thought he wasn’t too bad, although clearly I’m in the minority.
I’m sure he will leave in the summer but Lambert must see something in him, otherwise there’s no way he would have picked him for what was realistically one of our last meaningful games of the season.
The other week, I didn’t think he would play again for us.
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:45 - Feb 10 with 2745 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:09 - Feb 10 by tractorshark

I did my edit, thanks. I accidentally wrote world instead of word.

Domination in the middle all day aye? Dumbo.
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:55 - Feb 10 with 2701 viewsChris_Knights

What a muppet ..., says it all really ... midfield dominate when they win games . Idiot
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 16:18 - Feb 10 with 2636 viewsbraveblue

But they created very little. Skuse gave the first goal away then stayed in his usual spot in the defence. Others were ok. Bishop looked good and should have been on much earlier.
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 16:28 - Feb 10 with 2602 viewsLeagueOne

We lost 3-0 and Norwich barely had to get out of second gear. Why can't we accept the reality we are in? We struggle to create, we can't score, we can't defend.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 16:35 - Feb 10 with 2581 viewsHarry_Palmer

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:31 - Feb 10 by FrankfurtBlue

In essence we have paid 1million for another Kevin Bru ( a player that came and went for nothing ).
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 17:36 - Feb 10 with 2492 viewstractorshark

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 15:55 - Feb 10 by Chris_Knights

What a muppet ..., says it all really ... midfield dominate when they win games . Idiot

Did our midfield dominate when we were winning games under McCarthy? No, we just bypassed it most of the time. Our possession stats were poor under McCarthy and yet we won games.
It just shows there are different ways to get a result, you don’t have to rely on a dominant midfield. That’s not idiotic, it’s a fact.
But I’m not going to row with you or the other guy - I suspect, like me, you’re both hurting like every other Ipswich fan right now. It’s been a season of drivel.
And maybe I am clutching at straws or trying to find something positive from today.
But I actually thought for large parts today, not all, we actually had the upper hand in midfield. Even Farke admitted it after the match.
I certainly can’t remember it happening too often this season.
However, I will admit it didn’t lead to much and we still don’t create enough or look potent up front.
I disagree with those that say Norwich had it easy, I think we gave them more of a test than they expected but their quality is far greater than ours.
The sad thing is if we had played with a bit more of that intensity in other games this season, perhaps we wouldn’t be nine points adrift.
By all means disagree, by all means debate. It’s all about opinions.
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 18:17 - Feb 10 with 2418 viewslmfcblue

Took the side 15 to get used to the diamond midfield, Nolan/Chalobah unsure how wide to play but once played well.
First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 22:16 - Feb 10 with 2267 viewstractorshark

First time I’ve seen our midfield dominate this season on 18:17 - Feb 10 by lmfcblue

Took the side 15 to get used to the diamond midfield, Nolan/Chalobah unsure how wide to play but once played well.

Agree, after 15 minutes, we looked ok.
Yes, we struggled with the end product but we kept the ball pretty well.
And for those who say it was in areas where Norwich allowed us to have possession, it wasn’t. Look again, we did find people in space between their defence and midfield. Particularly Judge.
It’s funny how some on here ripped into McCarthy for his turgid brand of football and are now just as quick to criticise Lambert even though we are playing better football.
It’s almost as if McCarthy was right...results are the most important thing to a fan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024