Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today was oddly comforting 15:15 - Feb 10 with 637 viewsChampionship

Odd thing to say after a 3-0 defeat to your rivals but we knew we were going to lose. The way we lost was encouraging. We played some decent stuff and although we didn't look to have any cutting edge it left you wondering what we could do in the Championship if we still had Webster, Waghorn and McGoldrick. Of course we don't still have them but we're dropping down a league and i'm sure Lambert will make some shrewd additions. We also have a group of players plucked from the lower divisions who should have a much easier time of making an impact.

Again, I know i'll get hammered by the melts overreacting but i'm more at peace with relegation as long as we retain Lambert for the rebuild. I don't think we have any divine right to be in the top 6 of league one but I don't think we should be fearing it as much as we are either. Perhaps this is just a necessary part of the rebuild. The rot has set in too deep to rebuild in this league.

On a side note I love how hurt Lambert looked by the result. It hurts him as much as it hurts us. I was a big fan of Mick and remain so but I felt he approached the derbies with a 'what do you expect?' approach rather than setting out to try and win them. Lambert is key to our rebuild. We're down. I'm finally at peace with it.
Today was oddly comforting on 15:48 - Feb 10 with 542 viewsGarv

Spot on.

No one really knows if Lambert is the right man, but there is no right or wrong answer. Not wanting Lambert to stick around would be bizarre.

We played well today. In a way it told the story of our season. Playing well while we're between the two boxes (this hasn't been the case all the way through, I will stress) and falling to pieces once we're not.

The annoying thing today was that we could have gone 1-1 30 seconds before 2-1. That was probably our best opening. Judge was the main man today but I thought Keane really grew into it as well and won his fair share in the air. He can hold it up. I'd be quite happy for us to sign him up. Once again we saw the best and worst of Trev, most of his second half was good.

I'm glad we put it up them a bit today. Lambert is right, we are too nice most of the time.

Sod it. We knew we were never going to win today, but it did give me some hope for next season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024