Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I feared we might be outclassed today 16:33 - Feb 10 with 2569 viewsFixed_It

We weren't. We grew into the game after an awful start, and certainly didn't look any worse than the top of the table team - the quality of the finishing being the only real difference. We didn't resort to play acting, trying to get players sent off, and didn't get bullied on the pitch or in the dugout. And our fans were superb - loud and proud. Their fans were pretty quiet for large parts of the game. Even the commentators commented on it at one point. So we may have lost the game - but we were not outclassed in any way. And I still believe that if we can play like that for the rest of the season we will be in with a chance.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 16:34]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I feared we might be outclassed today on 16:43 - Feb 10 with 2263 viewsHarry_Palmer

I agree with everything here apart from your last sentence. We simply cannot score goals and therefore have no chance of winning the number of games we would need to.
I feared we might be outclassed today on 16:49 - Feb 10 with 2213 viewsFixed_It

I feared we might be outclassed today on 16:43 - Feb 10 by Harry_Palmer

I agree with everything here apart from your last sentence. We simply cannot score goals and therefore have no chance of winning the number of games we would need to.

Play well and we are in with a chance. Agree we need to convert a few chances too - but if we play well we will get chances.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I feared we might be outclassed today on 16:52 - Feb 10 with 2203 viewsclive_baker

We're down this season, but I'm cool with that. We've got the right manager at the helm and we definitely have the core of what could be a really exciting squad next season, playing football the right way. I feel like the next few months is a bit of a stop gap, but we need to give Lambert the summer to move on a lot of the deadwood, get the loanees out and shape a proper squad including our academy graduates and some hungry experienced pros.

I just hope we can establish the likes of Bishop, Downes, Dozzell, Lankaster, Woolfenden, Morris etc into the squad. Kenlock, Emmanuel, Nydam etc too in with a shout. We really could have a very good side next season, with 1 or 2 choice additions and some careful choices around who of the current crop remains.

I wholly believe this time next year we'll be in a much, much better spot than the one we find ourselves in currently.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I feared we might be outclassed today on 16:55 - Feb 10 with 2171 viewsHerbivore

Although there's a reason their CB was man of the match, they defended superbly at times to keep us out when we were on top. The early goal didn't help either as they never over committed men forward to leave us gaps. Get Collins back and continue to play as we did today and we'll get some wins I think, probably not enough but we'll see.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:09 - Feb 10 with 2116 viewsHarry_Palmer

I feared we might be outclassed today on 16:55 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Although there's a reason their CB was man of the match, they defended superbly at times to keep us out when we were on top. The early goal didn't help either as they never over committed men forward to leave us gaps. Get Collins back and continue to play as we did today and we'll get some wins I think, probably not enough but we'll see.

We'll get some but not enough I fear. Let's hope Derby have an off-night on Wednesday and we can pick up a much needed three points.
I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:12 - Feb 10 with 2095 viewsjas0999

We played like a team who scored zero and conceded three. So if we play like that again we will continue to lose. We can’t score. Pitiful defensively. We played some okay possession football though. Led to little.
I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:12 - Feb 10 with 2087 viewsNSL

Is it just me or did Norwich clearly simply take their foot off the gas to let us nonce about with the ball knowing they could simply score at will?

Poll: Who was primarily at fault for the defensive mix-up yesterday?

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:13 - Feb 10 with 2074 viewsHerbivore

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:12 - Feb 10 by NSL

Is it just me or did Norwich clearly simply take their foot off the gas to let us nonce about with the ball knowing they could simply score at will?

Ridiculous.

Login to get fewer ads

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:13 - Feb 10 with 2073 viewsGlasgowBlue

As I said in another thread, we can't score and we can't defend. Other than that we aren't a bad team.

That said, if Judge continues in the position he played today then he'll bag a few goals and Harrison looked decent alongside keane. So there is hope that we can start scoring.

We can't give the opposition a two goal start every game though.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:15 - Feb 10 with 2048 viewsm14_blue

Nonsense.

I’m sure it wasn’t their game plan to let us have more possession, more shots, more corners etc... They weren’t unduly troubled but I think we gave them a harder game than they expected.
I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:16 - Feb 10 with 2046 viewsFixed_It

We took the game to them and they didn't like it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:16 - Feb 10 with 2044 viewsNSL

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:13 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Ridiculous.

What was it then? Because when they played Leeds last week thheir work rate and ability to get the ball back in midfield was frightening. And don’t say it was because Skuse and Chalobah were outstanding

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:17 - Feb 10 with 2027 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You are hanging onto something that isn't really there. I can't fault the effort but please don't say that was the only difference. We don't create anything.
I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:19 - Feb 10 with 2008 viewsSarge

I feared we might be outclassed today on 16:49 - Feb 10 by Fixed_It

Play well and we are in with a chance. Agree we need to convert a few chances too - but if we play well we will get chances.

I don’t know what it is you’ve seen this season to suggest that even if we get some chances we’d actually take them.
I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:19 - Feb 10 with 2007 viewsHarry_Palmer

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:13 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

As I said in another thread, we can't score and we can't defend. Other than that we aren't a bad team.

That said, if Judge continues in the position he played today then he'll bag a few goals and Harrison looked decent alongside keane. So there is hope that we can start scoring.

We can't give the opposition a two goal start every game though.

Agreed, we just don't give ourselves a chance in games because we give away such poor goals. The 2nd goal today was so vital and just as we were looking like we might be the team to get it Pennington makes that ridiculous pass when not even under that much pressure. Very frustrating.
I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:21 - Feb 10 with 1968 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:15 - Feb 10 by m14_blue

Nonsense.

I’m sure it wasn’t their game plan to let us have more possession, more shots, more corners etc... They weren’t unduly troubled but I think we gave them a harder game than they expected.

Indeed. If they had been 3-0 up after 10 minutes that might have been a reasonable assessment. The longer the game stayed 1-0 the more concerned they would have been. However, when we didn't get an equaliser it was inevitable they would go on and finish us off.

I expected no better than 3-0 to them but thought it was more encouraging than I expected.

We really need more of a goal threat though, because their defence is far from their strength.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:24 - Feb 10 with 1949 viewsHerbivore

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:16 - Feb 10 by NSL

What was it then? Because when they played Leeds last week thheir work rate and ability to get the ball back in midfield was frightening. And don’t say it was because Skuse and Chalobah were outstanding

We pressed them high up and it unsettled them. Did you not watch the game? Or are you another budgie that's lost his way?

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:27 - Feb 10 with 1936 viewsNSL

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:24 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

We pressed them high up and it unsettled them. Did you not watch the game? Or are you another budgie that's lost his way?

From what I saw Tim Krul was looking very settled. Almost asleep.

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:30 - Feb 10 with 1897 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:13 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Ridiculous.

They were head and shoulders above. We didn't threaten them
I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:37 - Feb 10 with 1853 viewshomer_123

We lost three nil. We are bottom and going down.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:46 - Feb 10 with 1791 viewsBlueBadger

You do know that we lost 3-0, right?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:46 - Feb 10 with 1790 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:24 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

This thread is further proof you are an idiot, as if we needed it.
I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:49 - Feb 10 with 1772 viewsbournemouthblue

Accidental downarrow there, my apologies

We are certainly doomed, we need to start building for League One

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I feared we might be outclassed today on 19:01 - Feb 10 with 1589 viewsHerbivore

I feared we might be outclassed today on 17:46 - Feb 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

This thread is further proof you are an idiot, as if we needed it.

Do one you mug.

I feared we might be outclassed today on 19:51 - Feb 10 with 1481 viewsKeaneish

I feared we might be outclassed today on 16:55 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

Agree. I want us to play like that for the remaining fixtures. Rough teams up, close down all over the pitch by hunting in packs and being patient on the ball but move it at pace when required. We got a lot more balls into the box today too so there's definitely progression. Is it all going to come to late though?

Looking forward to seeing more of Harrison in the run in.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024