Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs 18:03 - Feb 10 with 3219 viewsgtsb

If we are struggling next season in League one after a couple of months then fine but give the man a chance to have a preseason and reshape the team. He inherited a poor side and Pep Guardiola would struggle to keep us up. Some people on here are so deluded it's unreal.
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:06 - Feb 10 with 2541 viewsPecker

It is not that he won't keep us up, its the system, players and performance. He has been here long enough now to be judged and I have to admit to be disappointed.
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:08 - Feb 10 with 2509 viewspatrickswell

And we will be struggling. The side exists to lose and I don’t know how he turns that round. He could sell on a dozen players in the summer and I wouldn’t blame him if he did.
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:14 - Feb 10 with 2464 viewsRomeo4

He inherited a basket case of a squad. Ok he hasnt brought in anything that’s improved us much but to be fair it was never going to be easy to attract quality players to a sinking ship.

I was concerned at his unwillingness to try a different approach but to be fair he did try a slightly different system today but unfortunately we haven’t got the players to make it work against a good (painful to say it still!) Naarwich side.

He has to be given time to find a winning formula. He has as good a chance to bring us back from oblivion than anyone else.
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:15 - Feb 10 with 2452 viewshomer_123

Right man, wrong time.

He doesn't get a free pass...forever.

Question, was he brought here to oversee relegation and then promotion? Or was he brought here as a manager with the best chance of keeping us up?

For all the great things he's done off the pitch, like reconnecting fans with the club, on the pitch we are marginally better than under Hurst.

If only he'd joined us in the summer.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:17 - Feb 10 with 2434 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

100% agree.

We lost our Top 5 scorers and best defender in the summer, PL wasn't going to be able to resolve that in Jan.

Results aren't good, but we are trying to play football. Positive signs for next season.

Some people revel in negativity though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:18 - Feb 10 with 2423 viewsPecker

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:15 - Feb 10 by homer_123

Right man, wrong time.

Question, was he brought here to oversee relegation and then promotion? Or was he brought here as a manager with the best chance of keeping us up?

For all the great things he's done off the pitch, like reconnecting fans with the club, on the pitch we are marginally better than under Hurst.

We may not be bottom, but we wouldn't be any better off than under MM.
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:20 - Feb 10 with 2388 viewshomer_123

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:17 - Feb 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

100% agree.

We lost our Top 5 scorers and best defender in the summer, PL wasn't going to be able to resolve that in Jan.

Results aren't good, but we are trying to play football. Positive signs for next season.

Some people revel in negativity though.

Isn't the reality that we aren't winning games and continue to look toothless upfront though?

I really like him and like the way he's trying to get us to play football...not sure it's the right approach given our position. Results kinda prove this.

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:21 - Feb 10 with 2380 viewsBlueBadger

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:18 - Feb 10 by Pecker

We may not be bottom, but we wouldn't be any better off than under MM.

...and people would be complaining about Evans' lack of imagination in his appointments.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:24 - Feb 10 with 2353 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:20 - Feb 10 by homer_123

Isn't the reality that we aren't winning games and continue to look toothless upfront though?

I really like him and like the way he's trying to get us to play football...not sure it's the right approach given our position. Results kinda prove this.

We look toothless because we lost 80% of our league goals in the summer.

Hurst committed suicide and Lambert is trying to pick up the pieces.

I'm looking to next season now.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:27 - Feb 10 with 2320 viewsgtsb

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:15 - Feb 10 by homer_123

Right man, wrong time.

He has a free pass until the end of October with me. It will then be his side and there will be no excuses. A lot of these players won't be here next season. I have faith in him to bring us up again. Just need people to give the man a chance to build his own team.
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:27 - Feb 10 with 2311 viewshomer_123

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:24 - Feb 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

We look toothless because we lost 80% of our league goals in the summer.

Hurst committed suicide and Lambert is trying to pick up the pieces.

I'm looking to next season now.

We all saw it at the time.

Does that give Lambert a free pass for the entire rest of the season then? Genuine question.

I'm not coming from a place of sacking him, just interested.

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:28 - Feb 10 with 2299 viewshomer_123

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:27 - Feb 10 by gtsb

He has a free pass until the end of October with me. It will then be his side and there will be no excuses. A lot of these players won't be here next season. I have faith in him to bring us up again. Just need people to give the man a chance to build his own team.

Evans.

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:32 - Feb 10 with 2270 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:27 - Feb 10 by homer_123

We all saw it at the time.

Does that give Lambert a free pass for the entire rest of the season then? Genuine question.

I'm not coming from a place of sacking him, just interested.

A free pass from me, yes.

I'm happy with him and looking forward to next season.

What would we get from sacking him and starting again?! F*ck that!

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:33 - Feb 10 with 2266 viewsMr_Ipswich

I get what you’re saying, but he’s unfortunately, at present, a big disappointment
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:34 - Feb 10 with 2247 viewshomer_123

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:32 - Feb 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

A free pass from me, yes.

I'm happy with him and looking forward to next season.

What would we get from sacking him and starting again?! F*ck that!

Err...I did state that I wasn't coming from a place of sacking him.

More that he was, in hindsight, the man we should have got in the summer. He is simply not the manager to get you out of a hole.

Next season will not be a walk in the park, yet another rebuild.

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:34 - Feb 10 with 2246 viewstractorshark

It’s the ‘change everything, solve nothing’ mentality of modern football nowadays.
When you’re going through times of crisis, it’s change the players, then the manager and, finally the owner.
That’s all very well as long as you’re changing for the better.
You must have an improvement lined up or you solve nothing. In fact, more often than not, you plummet further into trouble.
But the modern football fan struggles with that. They have been brought up on Chelsea changing managers every five seconds and spending millions. And now Man City have raised the bar even further by effectively being backed by a country.
Ipswich are no longer a footballing force, there is no Sheikh Mansour heading up the A12.
Our best hope is we develop youth and someone like Lambert rights the past wrongs of Evans, Hurst etc and gives us a sustainable plan to move forward.
It’s a tall order but you certainly can’t realistically judge his progress until Christmas. The loan signings are just sticking plasters with the hope of providing a miracle cure.
Having said that, there’s more chance of that happening than a Russian oligarch turning up at Portman Road on Wednesday.
#AntiModernFootball
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:35 - Feb 10 with 2242 viewsbrogansnose

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:27 - Feb 10 by gtsb

I'm with you on this, although, I'd give him longer than to October. This is going to take a long term re-build and more than one season. We've been on the slide for a quite some time and it ain't going to be easy. I really don't want to have four managers in a year and you have to look around and see who could possibly be a good long term bet for manager. Personally I have faith in the man to get us back up and re-boot things on and off the pitch but we are now all in this together.
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:35 - Feb 10 with 2239 viewsLeagueOne

I don't see how people questioning the legitimacy of a manager who's been wound up and sent off leaving him away from the dugout and into the stands as deluded. If anything it says that the man has lost it, I've been a fan of his until now but given recent performances, the way he's set teams up, and now the dugout meltdown I seriously question whether or not we've got a another crock of a manager in post who's best days are behind him. He's clearly bitter about the fact he's managing us to League One while Norwich are a success otherwise he'd have kept his cool, its an unpopular opinion but if Keane had done this while here we'd have all been on his case, it's just for the fact nothing is good and the club is falling apart at a rate of knots that we've convinced ourselves he's going to save us.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:38 - Feb 10 with 2209 viewshomer_123

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:35 - Feb 10 by brogansnose

I'm with you on this, although, I'd give him longer than to October. This is going to take a long term re-build and more than one season. We've been on the slide for a quite some time and it ain't going to be easy. I really don't want to have four managers in a year and you have to look around and see who could possibly be a good long term bet for manager. Personally I have faith in the man to get us back up and re-boot things on and off the pitch but we are now all in this together.

Assuming Evans supports him.

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:39 - Feb 10 with 2189 viewsballycastle

It is almost as though it's what they wanted FFS.
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:43 - Feb 10 with 2154 viewsbrogansnose

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:38 - Feb 10 by homer_123

I think his hands may be tied by the financial version of FFP in div 3. We're going into a dark zone that we haven't entered before and we need someone who can man manage and has football tactical nous. I dont see who else fits the bill Homey and Evans isnt going to go down Hurst road again. We have to develop what we have and Lambert was at his best bringing that lot up and being shrewd.

We can only hope but we all have to get behind him and the team.
People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:45 - Feb 10 with 2129 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:34 - Feb 10 by homer_123

Err...I did state that I wasn't coming from a place of sacking him.

More that he was, in hindsight, the man we should have got in the summer. He is simply not the manager to get you out of a hole.

Next season will not be a walk in the park, yet another rebuild.

I'm looking forward to next season.

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:47 - Feb 10 with 2117 viewsBlueBadger

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:38 - Feb 10 by homer_123

That's a very polite way of saying 'we're f*cked'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:53 - Feb 10 with 2070 viewshomer_123

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:43 - Feb 10 by brogansnose

I think his hands may be tied by the financial version of FFP in div 3. We're going into a dark zone that we haven't entered before and we need someone who can man manage and has football tactical nous. I dont see who else fits the bill Homey and Evans isnt going to go down Hurst road again. We have to develop what we have and Lambert was at his best bringing that lot up and being shrewd.

We can only hope but we all have to get behind him and the team.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good manager. Not the manager we need to stave off relegation, which, surely, is what he was brought in for?

Yes, he's as good a manager we could hope for in League 1. But League 1. FFS.

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 19:00 - Feb 10 with 2035 viewsPecker

People turning on Lambert, get a grip ffs on 18:39 - Feb 10 by ballycastle

It is almost as though it's what they wanted FFS.

Of course its not what anybody wanted and I am usually a very positive person in life and all things Ipswich, but he has been here a while now and long enough to judge. In pure footballing terms there is a very slight improvement, but nothing as much as I was expecting from someone with his experience. Chambers, Skuse, Sears and others have been here since MM and there is no improvement in them. If anything they have got worse. Of course their confidence is shot, but still, on the footballing side of things little or no improvement and individuals who have been here longer are no better. Of course I do not blame Lambert for not keeping us up, but he has to be judged at some point. If we are not top 8 after 10 games next season, then more serious questions will be asked and rightly so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024