Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just so I’m clear, for some... 07:20 - Feb 11 with 19278 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Our previous previous manager, who achieved 4 top half finishes in 5 seasons, is hated for swearing at our fans whilst overseeing a 1-1 draw at Norwich last season

Our current manager, who has achieved 12 losses in 17 games, is a hero for getting himself sent off whilst overseeing our 3rd heaviest ever derby defeat

Have I got that right?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:23 - Feb 11 with 6575 viewstextbackup

literally not seen that said, anywhere, but carry on....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:24 - Feb 11 with 6561 viewsBenters2

ALmost, but as i was one of those he swore at i didnt mind and found it funny.

Shoot me.
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:29 - Feb 11 with 6526 viewsm14_blue

Oh good, another thread started purely to antagonise fellow town fans over something that happened ages ago.
on 07:33 - Feb 11 with 6498 views_

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:34 - Feb 11 with 6492 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:29 - Feb 11 by m14_blue

Oh good, another thread started purely to antagonise fellow town fans over something that happened ages ago.

The derby game was yesterday

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:41 - Feb 11 with 6443 viewstextbackup

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:34 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

no, its wednesday

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:42 - Feb 11 with 6444 viewsthejock

I think the OP has nailed it

Currently he is the worst Manager in terms of results in Ipswich history yet bizarrely he is being hero worshiped

We live in strange strange times
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:44 - Feb 11 with 6412 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:41 - Feb 11 by textbackup

no, its wednesday

LOL, have an uppie

Login to get fewer ads

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:45 - Feb 11 with 6401 viewsm14_blue

Yes, but your post was obviously just another pop at the people who turned on Mick.

I wasn’t one of those, and wish it had never happened, but for God’s sake we need to move on.
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:54 - Feb 11 with 6337 viewsGarv

Are we really beating Lambert up for what he did yesterday? Have I got that right or are you just saying Mick got a bum deal?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:55 - Feb 11 with 6325 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:45 - Feb 11 by m14_blue

Yes, but your post was obviously just another pop at the people who turned on Mick.

I wasn’t one of those, and wish it had never happened, but for God’s sake we need to move on.

No, it was a reflection on those worshipping Lambert, with our last visit to Carrow Road providing a relevant comparison to yesterday’s match
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 7:55]

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:57 - Feb 11 with 6299 viewsBenters2

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:41 - Feb 11 by textbackup

no, its wednesday

on 08:01 - Feb 11 with 6285 views_

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:55 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No, it was a reflection on those worshipping Lambert, with our last visit to Carrow Road providing a relevant comparison to yesterday’s match
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 7:55]

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 08:10 - Feb 11 with 6218 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:54 - Feb 11 by Garv

Are we really beating Lambert up for what he did yesterday? Have I got that right or are you just saying Mick got a bum deal?

Bit of column A, bit of column B

Beating up on is OTT but it was stupid - a manager shouldn’t ever be putting himself in a position to be sent off, quite frankly

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 08:11 - Feb 11 with 6197 viewsBenters2

on 08:01 - Feb 11 by _

I just caught the arse end of an interview on RS,and if i heard it rightly they were saying it was good he was so passionate.

I must admit i enjoyed it,nice to see players launching in and the manager going wibble.
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 08:43 - Feb 11 with 6099 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mick did a fantastic job for us. He not only saved us from relegation but got us punching above our weight in terms of challenging for the play offs.

Mick telling the fans to “fcuk off” at Norwich last season was just another example that the relationship between fans and manager had irreconcilably broken down. The atmosphere between fans and manager had become so poisonous that had Mick stayed it is likely that season ticket sales would have fallen to seven or eight thousand. From a footballing perspective the club was stagnating. We may well have stayed in this division fir a season or two more but it would have been like living in some kind of football purgatory. It was time for Mick to leave. New fresh ideas were needed and the playing style had to change.

Mick should have been allowed to see out the remainder of the season rather than be continually abused by the fans once he and Evans had announced he was leaving. He should have been given the send off he deserved on the last day of the season and left with the thanks of the fans and his head held high.

A young up and coming manager with a proven track record was appointed and in the majority this approach was supported by the fans. The new manager sold one of the best centre backs in the division and our best two strikers in Garner and Waghorn. He replaced the strikers with young league one players who, though in time I believe they will come good, are simply not up to the job of playing in the championship. He brought in a glut of loanees who were no better than the young players we already have. He also lacked the man magenent skills needed to manage players like Bart who were clearly a step up from the level of player he had previously managed. Also, alsongside his assistant manager, he created an atmosphere of bullying and chaos and it reached the stage where he had to go before they did even more damage on and off the pitch.

Lambert has come in and tried to turn things around. He has certainly improved the quality of football but the fact remains that as well as we knock the ball about, we can neither defend or score which means we will win very few football matches. This is down to the previous manager.

He has attempted to improve the squad in the January window but it appears obvious that Evans was not prepared to invest sufficient funds for us to turn this around. Even the loan targets Lambert identified were reluctant to come to a club looking at dropping out if the division.

Paul Lambert’s actions yesterday shows that he cares about the job he is doing, cares about the players he was defending and cares about the club. He showed the sort if passion that is desperately lacking in the players we have. A streak of nastiness that could be the difference between bullying better teams or rolling over and getting beaten.

Paul Lambert deserves our support and I hope he is here next season cone what May.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 08:58 - Feb 11 with 6013 viewsElephantintheRoom

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 08:43 - Feb 11 by GlasgowBlue

Mick did a fantastic job for us. He not only saved us from relegation but got us punching above our weight in terms of challenging for the play offs.

Mick telling the fans to “fcuk off” at Norwich last season was just another example that the relationship between fans and manager had irreconcilably broken down. The atmosphere between fans and manager had become so poisonous that had Mick stayed it is likely that season ticket sales would have fallen to seven or eight thousand. From a footballing perspective the club was stagnating. We may well have stayed in this division fir a season or two more but it would have been like living in some kind of football purgatory. It was time for Mick to leave. New fresh ideas were needed and the playing style had to change.

Mick should have been allowed to see out the remainder of the season rather than be continually abused by the fans once he and Evans had announced he was leaving. He should have been given the send off he deserved on the last day of the season and left with the thanks of the fans and his head held high.

A young up and coming manager with a proven track record was appointed and in the majority this approach was supported by the fans. The new manager sold one of the best centre backs in the division and our best two strikers in Garner and Waghorn. He replaced the strikers with young league one players who, though in time I believe they will come good, are simply not up to the job of playing in the championship. He brought in a glut of loanees who were no better than the young players we already have. He also lacked the man magenent skills needed to manage players like Bart who were clearly a step up from the level of player he had previously managed. Also, alsongside his assistant manager, he created an atmosphere of bullying and chaos and it reached the stage where he had to go before they did even more damage on and off the pitch.

Lambert has come in and tried to turn things around. He has certainly improved the quality of football but the fact remains that as well as we knock the ball about, we can neither defend or score which means we will win very few football matches. This is down to the previous manager.

He has attempted to improve the squad in the January window but it appears obvious that Evans was not prepared to invest sufficient funds for us to turn this around. Even the loan targets Lambert identified were reluctant to come to a club looking at dropping out if the division.

Paul Lambert’s actions yesterday shows that he cares about the job he is doing, cares about the players he was defending and cares about the club. He showed the sort if passion that is desperately lacking in the players we have. A streak of nastiness that could be the difference between bullying better teams or rolling over and getting beaten.

Paul Lambert deserves our support and I hope he is here next season cone what May.

You've used quite a lot of whitewash there. MM merely replicated his stays at previous clubs. He inherited a good squad and got it back to mid-table. He then proceeded to let his silk purse/sow's ear moulder and decline over time s he lost interest whilst pocketing a huge pay cheque. He took his cue from the disinterested owner who let him get away with anything. As at all his previous clubs he left behind chaos and relegation in his wake. Hurst might have been OK - we will never know - when the time came to back him he was stabbed in the back. Now Lambert has come in and has done even worse. His January 'signings' were utter madness. guaranteed to make the team worse and his use of players available when points on the board is the driver is clueless to be polite about it. Lambert's actions yesterday were little pitiful - and given the foul that seemed to trigger the handbags utterly indefensible. He is acting like a manager who has lost the plot.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:01 - Feb 11 with 5998 viewsitfcjoe

Mick always fostered a 'Them v Us' mentality, unfortunately over the last 15-18 months of his reign the fanbase became 'them'.

He could never be the bigger man and get over it, even earlier in the season wins were tarnished - Burton away when Celina came on and he came out swinging about it, Forest at home where adds in the press conference - "I still remember Mick McCarthy your football is sh*t"

He got into an unnecessary war with the fanbase, and whilst it was a minority at first he never felt the need to clarify that, or hold out an olive branch.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:02 - Feb 11 with 5994 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Agree with some of that - but not the parts about Lambert

You say Lambert wasn’t backed - which deals fell through other than Pilkington which reportedly was down to circumstance rather than money? Fact is we had 5 signings wrapped up within a week or so of the window opening - that indicates that we got the targets Lambert wanted, not that we were scrabbling around on our 7th or 8 choices

Yes he inherited a poor side, and clearly wasn’t going to work miracles. However it isn’t unreasonable to have expected a small improvement in results. Fact is we’re now picking up less points, scoring less goals and losing more games than we were under Hurst. Not one game has been changed in our favour and the team is now being chopped and changed each week, and seemingly getting worse. In 17 games we haven’t had one result which can be considered better than we could have hoped for

As for yesterday’s incident I couldn’t disagree more

This isn’t a call to sack him - we can’t keep chopping and changing and having chosen Lambert we have to hope he can turn things around next season. But at the moment that is very much more hope than expectation for me - as he’s currently failing in the first part of his job

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:04 - Feb 11 with 5968 viewsLankHenners

Put me in the 'not fussed about either incident, and if anything, found them both quite funny' camp.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:11 - Feb 11 with 5922 viewsArnieM

OP: nicely contrived.

MM had had FIVE YEARS+ to “ achieve “ mid table mediocrity. Once he’d done his superman efforts of keeping Town up ( with a much better squad than the one Lambert has inhereited btw) , he then set his stall out with 9 defensive drilled outfield players . 1 striker to chase the occasional hoofs and a GK more protected than FortKnox. The games at home were totally devoid of
“ entertainment” , with the ethos of “ make thee difficult to beat with my team of proper blokes, I’ll start wi a point and I’d be happy wi a point”. I don’t care what fans want . Me and my lads stick together. They’ll get what I give ‘ em and be grateful I’m here.

Lambert takes control in Nov 2018: with the squad “ that Hurst built” , containing by and large players with NO Championship experience and experience consisting mainly of Leagues One & Two. Any decent youngsters that had Championship experience ( and had been playing on regular basis under MM ) were shipped out to Clubs in Scotland or the lower leagues. For 2 months PL had his hands totally tied. The January window arrives . Which as we all know is the worst time to try and do business due to availability of decent players and inflated prices. He gets in who he can.

So now we have the third remake of a squad in under a year. No time to “ gel”, no time to gain match fitness for those newest recruits who’ve not played for months. No, they have to hit the ground running and suddenly perform at a level to secure points.

So no, Lamberts team ( from January) hasn’t yet hit the heady heights . Oh, but Pukki apart, yesterday they more than matched the scum from Norfolk over 90mins !! But of course it’s all too little too late!

Try coming back next season and posting your drivel again , once Lambert has had just a summer to start the proper rebuild process. You might be surprised with what you see. Give him FIVE YEARS, like Mr Marvellous from t’north had and I’ll bet you anything the football will be a 1,000 more entertaining. Our Academy kids will make up most of the team, and the Club will be even more reunited than it is now, and we will probs it have been promoted twice in that time.

But if you still hanker after the dinosaure and his dour brand of hoof and umpteen passes in our own half with the aimless hoof I suggest you invest in an Irish national shirt. I expect he’ll still be there because no Football club worth their salt would be employing him. He’s had just four clubs for a reason!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:11 - Feb 11 with 5919 viewsFixed_It

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:01 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

Mick always fostered a 'Them v Us' mentality, unfortunately over the last 15-18 months of his reign the fanbase became 'them'.

He could never be the bigger man and get over it, even earlier in the season wins were tarnished - Burton away when Celina came on and he came out swinging about it, Forest at home where adds in the press conference - "I still remember Mick McCarthy your football is sh*t"

He got into an unnecessary war with the fanbase, and whilst it was a minority at first he never felt the need to clarify that, or hold out an olive branch.

He kept picking at the scab. If he had learnt some humility then things may have been repaired, but it is not in his nature. He was a great man-manager, and the players clearly respected and liked him. Unfortunately, he developed a siege mentality and couldn't let it go.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:13 - Feb 11 with 5902 viewsthejock

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:04 - Feb 11 by LankHenners

Put me in the 'not fussed about either incident, and if anything, found them both quite funny' camp.

It’s a choice

You can have Mick’s dull hoof football but relatively successful or Lamberts fabulous connections with the fans but awful results

People are going for the awful results that’s up to them but would rather have had Mick any day of the week
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:14 - Feb 11 with 5893 viewsiamipswich

The dislike towards the previous manager is not that hard to grasp. During his tenure people didn't enjoy going to watch their team play football. That's a pretty understandable reason to call for change. He also told his own fans to f**k off which ain't great.

While I do really like Lambert I do find it hard to put my finger on why there is SO much love for him when on the pitch we've been pretty useless.

Poll: Who will return first?

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:15 - Feb 11 with 5882 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:11 - Feb 11 by ArnieM

OP: nicely contrived.

MM had had FIVE YEARS+ to “ achieve “ mid table mediocrity. Once he’d done his superman efforts of keeping Town up ( with a much better squad than the one Lambert has inhereited btw) , he then set his stall out with 9 defensive drilled outfield players . 1 striker to chase the occasional hoofs and a GK more protected than FortKnox. The games at home were totally devoid of
“ entertainment” , with the ethos of “ make thee difficult to beat with my team of proper blokes, I’ll start wi a point and I’d be happy wi a point”. I don’t care what fans want . Me and my lads stick together. They’ll get what I give ‘ em and be grateful I’m here.

Lambert takes control in Nov 2018: with the squad “ that Hurst built” , containing by and large players with NO Championship experience and experience consisting mainly of Leagues One & Two. Any decent youngsters that had Championship experience ( and had been playing on regular basis under MM ) were shipped out to Clubs in Scotland or the lower leagues. For 2 months PL had his hands totally tied. The January window arrives . Which as we all know is the worst time to try and do business due to availability of decent players and inflated prices. He gets in who he can.

So now we have the third remake of a squad in under a year. No time to “ gel”, no time to gain match fitness for those newest recruits who’ve not played for months. No, they have to hit the ground running and suddenly perform at a level to secure points.

So no, Lamberts team ( from January) hasn’t yet hit the heady heights . Oh, but Pukki apart, yesterday they more than matched the scum from Norfolk over 90mins !! But of course it’s all too little too late!

Try coming back next season and posting your drivel again , once Lambert has had just a summer to start the proper rebuild process. You might be surprised with what you see. Give him FIVE YEARS, like Mr Marvellous from t’north had and I’ll bet you anything the football will be a 1,000 more entertaining. Our Academy kids will make up most of the team, and the Club will be even more reunited than it is now, and we will probs it have been promoted twice in that time.

But if you still hanker after the dinosaure and his dour brand of hoof and umpteen passes in our own half with the aimless hoof I suggest you invest in an Irish national shirt. I expect he’ll still be there because no Football club worth their salt would be employing him. He’s had just four clubs for a reason!

He’s had 4 clubs as he’s averaged 4 and a half years at each of them, and spent another 6 and a half years managing an international side

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024