Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just so I’m clear, for some... 07:20 - Feb 11 with 19411 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Our previous previous manager, who achieved 4 top half finishes in 5 seasons, is hated for swearing at our fans whilst overseeing a 1-1 draw at Norwich last season

Our current manager, who has achieved 12 losses in 17 games, is a hero for getting himself sent off whilst overseeing our 3rd heaviest ever derby defeat

Have I got that right?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:07 - Feb 11 with 3941 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 12:54 - Feb 11 by MrTown

cynically bringing up Mick in a patronising manner to remind fans that things have gone wrong since he left is so boring though.

The post was about respective attitudes towards Lambert and McCarthy, quite clearly

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:08 - Feb 11 with 3941 viewsmrshallisfit

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:24 - Feb 11 by Benters2

ALmost, but as i was one of those he swore at i didnt mind and found it funny.

Shoot me.

Why am I not surprised by that?
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:21 - Feb 11 with 3915 viewsKeaneish

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:06 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well there’s a surprise. We could have lost 17-0 yesterday and you’d still be on here telling us how encouraging it was...

Your tone and your post are quite contradictory aren't they? It's almost as if you're a little bit upset that we lost yesterday still and you want to start a little argument on here to make yourself feel better.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:21 - Feb 11 with 3914 viewsHarryWright

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:07 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The post was about respective attitudes towards Lambert and McCarthy, quite clearly

I just don’t see the point in bringing up attitudes and feelings towards McCarthy, it’s done move one.
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:23 - Feb 11 with 3906 viewspickles110564

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:29 - Feb 11 by m14_blue

Oh good, another thread started purely to antagonise fellow town fans over something that happened ages ago.

You mean like all those anti Brexit threads? Nice one.
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:25 - Feb 11 with 3897 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:21 - Feb 11 by Keaneish

Your tone and your post are quite contradictory aren't they? It's almost as if you're a little bit upset that we lost yesterday still and you want to start a little argument on here to make yourself feel better.

Yeah, I am annoyed that we lost yesterday actually, hence my bemusement at people acting like a 3-0 defeat to Norwich was in some way positive, or praising our manager for getting himself pointlessly sent off

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:25 - Feb 11 with 3896 viewsreusersfreekicks

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 07:29 - Feb 11 by m14_blue

Oh good, another thread started purely to antagonise fellow town fans over something that happened ages ago.

Precusely - a few on hear love to stir it
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:42 - Feb 11 with 3872 viewsJHines

Hang on, Mick came out and said he wasn’t telling the fans to Foxtrot Oscar.

TheBoyWonder

Login to get fewer ads

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:49 - Feb 11 with 3863 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:25 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yeah, I am annoyed that we lost yesterday actually, hence my bemusement at people acting like a 3-0 defeat to Norwich was in some way positive, or praising our manager for getting himself pointlessly sent off

'pointlessly sent off'

whilst your hero's reaction towards Town fans last season was 'understandable'.
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:52 - Feb 11 with 3851 viewsm14_blue

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:23 - Feb 11 by pickles110564

You mean like all those anti Brexit threads? Nice one.

Huh??
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:53 - Feb 11 with 3843 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:49 - Feb 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

'pointlessly sent off'

whilst your hero's reaction towards Town fans last season was 'understandable'.

LOL, where have I said that?

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:54 - Feb 11 with 3839 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:53 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

LOL, where have I said that?

Oh haven't you? Sorry then.
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:55 - Feb 11 with 3836 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:54 - Feb 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

Oh haven't you? Sorry then.

No problem, apology accepted

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 14:04 - Feb 11 with 3808 viewsKeaneish

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:25 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No qualms with a manager getting sent off and the only bemusement at yesterday's result was the fact they scored 3, not that we lost. They're top, we're bottom. If you'd geared yourself up for anything other than a defeat, then the question is, why?

Given the circumstances, i thought we controlled large parts of that game and were better than them for lots of the game. The big difference being, was how we defended and clinical they were, two fundamentals we still can't get right!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 14:04 - Feb 11 with 3806 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 08:43 - Feb 11 by GlasgowBlue

Mick did a fantastic job for us. He not only saved us from relegation but got us punching above our weight in terms of challenging for the play offs.

Mick telling the fans to “fcuk off” at Norwich last season was just another example that the relationship between fans and manager had irreconcilably broken down. The atmosphere between fans and manager had become so poisonous that had Mick stayed it is likely that season ticket sales would have fallen to seven or eight thousand. From a footballing perspective the club was stagnating. We may well have stayed in this division fir a season or two more but it would have been like living in some kind of football purgatory. It was time for Mick to leave. New fresh ideas were needed and the playing style had to change.

Mick should have been allowed to see out the remainder of the season rather than be continually abused by the fans once he and Evans had announced he was leaving. He should have been given the send off he deserved on the last day of the season and left with the thanks of the fans and his head held high.

A young up and coming manager with a proven track record was appointed and in the majority this approach was supported by the fans. The new manager sold one of the best centre backs in the division and our best two strikers in Garner and Waghorn. He replaced the strikers with young league one players who, though in time I believe they will come good, are simply not up to the job of playing in the championship. He brought in a glut of loanees who were no better than the young players we already have. He also lacked the man magenent skills needed to manage players like Bart who were clearly a step up from the level of player he had previously managed. Also, alsongside his assistant manager, he created an atmosphere of bullying and chaos and it reached the stage where he had to go before they did even more damage on and off the pitch.

Lambert has come in and tried to turn things around. He has certainly improved the quality of football but the fact remains that as well as we knock the ball about, we can neither defend or score which means we will win very few football matches. This is down to the previous manager.

He has attempted to improve the squad in the January window but it appears obvious that Evans was not prepared to invest sufficient funds for us to turn this around. Even the loan targets Lambert identified were reluctant to come to a club looking at dropping out if the division.

Paul Lambert’s actions yesterday shows that he cares about the job he is doing, cares about the players he was defending and cares about the club. He showed the sort if passion that is desperately lacking in the players we have. A streak of nastiness that could be the difference between bullying better teams or rolling over and getting beaten.

Paul Lambert deserves our support and I hope he is here next season cone what May.

Brilliant post Glassers. The context and nuance the OP is missing.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A few points of clarity on 14:05 - Feb 11 with 3805 viewsunstableblue

Norwich finished below us last season as their new technical manager was in the process of rebuilding the team and a new playing style based on fluid, dynamic, passing. You have to look at the 1-1 away in that context.

Indeed when we played them earlier this season, it still hadn't clicked for the. And even the 'Evil' Paul Hurst achieved a performance of merit at PR.

As for your rabid support for Mick; guy did well for us, had us punching above our weight, and got us a play-off finish. BUT, and i don;t understand why people just don't get the BUT. As Chambo, Lambert, Evans and any sane commentator will attest it was just a patch-up job - there was no incremental development of the squad, and no incremental development of the playing style, which in the modern championship HAS TO be based on passing. Look at what the Blades were doing while we relied on loanees, and never fixed key positions like creative midfield or both full backs.

Plus - and this is key point - the football became completely unwatchable

Move on dear boy, Mick has gone, we all agree he did well for us for a time, but his time was up, and perhaps if he'd left when he should have done (after Lincoln away) and we'd got another manager than Hurst, we wouldn't be in this terrific mess.

One of Hurst's problems is that he was too like Mick in style. Whereas Jack Ross... sighs... now thats something to only dream of.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 14:12 - Feb 11 with 3790 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 09:15 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s had 4 clubs as he’s averaged 4 and a half years at each of them, and spent another 6 and a half years managing an international side

LOL. Just pick up on that one little bit and ignore the rest. Good work!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 14:14 - Feb 11 with 3783 viewsBenters2

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:08 - Feb 11 by mrshallisfit

Why am I not surprised by that?

What did you want me to say I was highly offended?
Just so I’m clear, for some... on 14:17 - Feb 11 with 3778 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 14:12 - Feb 11 by BrixtonBlue

LOL. Just pick up on that one little bit and ignore the rest. Good work!

I didn’t see any point responding to the bit about seeing where we are under Lambert in 5 years, as he almost certainly won’t be here in 5 years...

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 14:18 - Feb 11 with 3774 viewsBenters2

Just so I’m clear, for some... on 13:42 - Feb 11 by JHines

Hang on, Mick came out and said he wasn’t telling the fans to Foxtrot Oscar.

RIghto!
A few points of clarity on 14:19 - Feb 11 with 3773 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A few points of clarity on 14:05 - Feb 11 by unstableblue

Norwich finished below us last season as their new technical manager was in the process of rebuilding the team and a new playing style based on fluid, dynamic, passing. You have to look at the 1-1 away in that context.

Indeed when we played them earlier this season, it still hadn't clicked for the. And even the 'Evil' Paul Hurst achieved a performance of merit at PR.

As for your rabid support for Mick; guy did well for us, had us punching above our weight, and got us a play-off finish. BUT, and i don;t understand why people just don't get the BUT. As Chambo, Lambert, Evans and any sane commentator will attest it was just a patch-up job - there was no incremental development of the squad, and no incremental development of the playing style, which in the modern championship HAS TO be based on passing. Look at what the Blades were doing while we relied on loanees, and never fixed key positions like creative midfield or both full backs.

Plus - and this is key point - the football became completely unwatchable

Move on dear boy, Mick has gone, we all agree he did well for us for a time, but his time was up, and perhaps if he'd left when he should have done (after Lincoln away) and we'd got another manager than Hurst, we wouldn't be in this terrific mess.

One of Hurst's problems is that he was too like Mick in style. Whereas Jack Ross... sighs... now thats something to only dream of.

I don’t have rabid support for Mick - it was time for a change at the end of last season and I posted as much at the time

He did however do an excellent job here - a job which looks better by the day despite how much some will argue otherwise

A few points of clarity on 14:22 - Feb 11 with 3761 viewsRyorry

A few points of clarity on 14:19 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t have rabid support for Mick - it was time for a change at the end of last season and I posted as much at the time

He did however do an excellent job here - a job which looks better by the day despite how much some will argue otherwise

I think the point is that people are getting fed up with your tedious & seemingly endless banging on about him.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A few points of clarity on 14:24 - Feb 11 with 3752 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A few points of clarity on 14:22 - Feb 11 by Ryorry

I think the point is that people are getting fed up with your tedious & seemingly endless banging on about him.

This is the 4th thread I’ve started all year - and the other 3 didn’t mention McCarthy

A few points of clarity on 14:28 - Feb 11 with 3739 viewsRyorry

A few points of clarity on 14:24 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

This is the 4th thread I’ve started all year - and the other 3 didn’t mention McCarthy

You don't have to have *started* a thread about him to bang on tediously about him, have lost count of how many other threads where you've done just that. Anyway, I'll leave you to it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A few points of clarity on 14:32 - Feb 11 with 3716 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A few points of clarity on 14:28 - Feb 11 by Ryorry

You don't have to have *started* a thread about him to bang on tediously about him, have lost count of how many other threads where you've done just that. Anyway, I'll leave you to it.

Cool, thanks for contributing

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024