Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday 08:12 - Feb 11 with 4155 viewsitfcjoe

As actually thought was a decent performance in patches - but shown up by inability to carve out a clear cut chance, and getting punished for errors.

I'd like to see us give that formation/style a go for the next few weeks as we need to have 2 strikers on the pitch and Judge flittering around centrally - yes we are a bit exposed on the flanks but both full backs played well enough and didn't let much past them.

And I'm really not that bothered about League 1 next season either, I'm not expecting to walk the division or anything like that, but think our squad will be more than capable of top 6 and just need to ensure Lambert gets the best out of it.

And God I hope Norwich mess this up, they are such an entitled team and fanbase at the moment, so smug and act as though they deserve this and that anyone else who could stop them like Leeds or Sheff U just aren't worthy of it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:15 - Feb 11 with 3122 viewsSteve_M

Yes, pretty much that. Harrison made a real difference in pressing Norwich at the back, his movement was decent too.

I swore a great deal at the first goal as that ruined any slim chance we had of getting anything from the game but we played ok over the course of the match. Playing ok and still losing 3-0 is why we will almost certainly get relegated.

And definitely agree on the last point, I like the ones who now claim Lambert had nothing to do with their success the most.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:16 - Feb 11 with 3109 viewstextbackup

felt worse drawing 1-1 last year than I did after a 3-0 yesterday

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:19 - Feb 11 with 3081 viewschicoazul

Norwich going up puts both the record Prem low points total and the 9-0 in danger IMVHO.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:23 - Feb 11 with 3066 viewsitfcjoe

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:15 - Feb 11 by Steve_M

Yes, pretty much that. Harrison made a real difference in pressing Norwich at the back, his movement was decent too.

I swore a great deal at the first goal as that ruined any slim chance we had of getting anything from the game but we played ok over the course of the match. Playing ok and still losing 3-0 is why we will almost certainly get relegated.

And definitely agree on the last point, I like the ones who now claim Lambert had nothing to do with their success the most.

Have you heard the narrative that it was Ian Culverhouse who was the main man when they went up, the brains behind everything with Gary Karsa doing the recruitment and Lambert just the front man?!

I'm surprised Kings Lynn aren't flying up the league with Culverhouse in charge....

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:23 - Feb 11 with 3057 viewsBluefish

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:16 - Feb 11 by textbackup

felt worse drawing 1-1 last year than I did after a 3-0 yesterday

You had more belief last season. That isn't a pisstake it is true, it was the hope that killed us and since he has been gone and our ability to punch above our weight has gone, the hope has gone too

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:24 - Feb 11 with 3049 viewsPinewoodblue

Well said. If we go into the last two games with no chance of avoiding relegation can see Norwich fans blaming us if they miss out on automatic.

Your post highlights the lack of maturity in others who have recently posted.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 8:27]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:29 - Feb 11 with 3002 viewsBluefish

Spot on. Freddie worked his nuts off but finally going 2 up top made the difference, it is really hard to ever judge the performance when the other team have the lead so early and parity isn't restored though. I have posted all season about needing 2 up top and how none of our forwards are suited to a one, the only one possible was Walters. We should also play a diamond but let judge float everywhere. I'm not sure why some were slating Keane, i though he was very good but he is not a lone forward

My team for weds would be

Bart
Spence chambers nsiala knudsen
Skuse
Downes judge bishop
Keane Harrison

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:04 - Feb 11 with 2885 viewsITFC_Forever

Not much to add to that other, pretty accurately covers all bases.... only to add I had Norwich to win to nil, so that was an easy few quid.

Pennington is good for a goal conceded every game it seems at moment which increased the risk of sooner or later we'll do something daft and concede.
And we've lacked goals for a long time now..... Since 1st Jan 2018, we haven't scored very many at at all.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:07 - Feb 11 with 2846 viewstextbackup

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:23 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

You had more belief last season. That isn't a pisstake it is true, it was the hope that killed us and since he has been gone and our ability to punch above our weight has gone, the hope has gone too

to be completely clear, it has nothing at all to do with him.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:12 - Feb 11 with 2809 viewsBluefish

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:07 - Feb 11 by textbackup

to be completely clear, it has nothing at all to do with him.

I didn't mention him but to a degree it does even if you don't want it to. You wouldn't have been so nonplussed if he had been in the dugout yesterday

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:13 - Feb 11 with 2798 viewsportmanking

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:04 - Feb 11 by ITFC_Forever

Not much to add to that other, pretty accurately covers all bases.... only to add I had Norwich to win to nil, so that was an easy few quid.

Pennington is good for a goal conceded every game it seems at moment which increased the risk of sooner or later we'll do something daft and concede.
And we've lacked goals for a long time now..... Since 1st Jan 2018, we haven't scored very many at at all.

IMO Pennington has been one of the most pointless loan signings of the season.

As you say, he's normally good for gifting at least one goal a game, so I fail to see why someone like Woolfenden would have done any worse.

Time to ditch the pointless loanees after the Derby and Stoke fixtures, which will almost certainly yield no more than a point and seal our fate.
Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:16 - Feb 11 with 2759 viewsSamWhiteUK

Summed it up there re. Norwich - they certainly do come across as so smug and entitled. Leeds in general have been a much better team than them. Where would Norwich be if it weren't for Pukey up front?
Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:16 - Feb 11 with 2758 viewsITFC_Forever

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:13 - Feb 11 by portmanking

As you say, he's normally good for gifting at least one goal a game, so I fail to see why someone like Woolfenden would have done any worse.

Time to ditch the pointless loanees after the Derby and Stoke fixtures, which will almost certainly yield no more than a point and seal our fate.

Doesn't look like we're going to get many games out of Collins, so we may as well play Toto or Woolfy in preparation for next season.

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:17 - Feb 11 with 2747 viewsBluefish

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:13 - Feb 11 by portmanking

Plenty to add to that list

Elder
Bree
Graham
Edun
Quaner

For very different reasons we can possibly add Walters and Collins, injuries can't be helped but signing 35 year olds if gambling

It has been a disaster recruitment wise

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:19 - Feb 11 with 2733 viewsBluefish

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:16 - Feb 11 by ITFC_Forever

Doesn't look like we're going to get many games out of Collins, so we may as well play Toto or Woolfy in preparation for next season.

We can't play woolfenden though

We are not down yet so should play out strongest side until we are. Our strongest side at present includes knudsen and Spence

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:20 - Feb 11 with 2728 viewsLankHenners

The formation suits us as it means we can play the likes of Sears and Judge in their more natural positions rather than shoehorning players out wide when they don't look comfortable there.

Wouldn't mind seeing Harrison and Jackson start as the front 2 either to be honest (depending how bad Sears' knock is) as Harrison was playing well before being replaced by Keane and Quaner who can't play much more than about 45 and 30 minutes respectively. Jackson's worth persevering with as playing off another striker would be more beneficial for him than trying to be a lone one and I think there's a player in there - in a normal season he would have been 3rd/4th choice behind 2 more experienced players, playing the odd game and learning off the pros rather than being pushed straight into a leading role.

Possibly due to having already accepted it's happening I've changed from relegation being an utter disaster to 'it is what it is and we might as well find the positives and get behind the team for this fresh start'.

Those tw@ts wanted Farke gone and are now lording over him as a genius. If they go up they'll get ripped apart most weeks, which is some small consolation.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:21 - Feb 11 with 2699 viewsITFC_Forever

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:19 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

We are not down yet so should play out strongest side until we are. Our strongest side at present includes knudsen and Spence

To be fair, I've lost track with what's happened to Woolfy... is he still out on loan?

I'd agree Knudsen would be in our strongest eleven, not so much Spence - I thought Bree had a better game yesterday than last week.

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:22 - Feb 11 with 2696 viewsKieran_Knows

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:21 - Feb 11 by ITFC_Forever

To be fair, I've lost track with what's happened to Woolfy... is he still out on loan?

I'd agree Knudsen would be in our strongest eleven, not so much Spence - I thought Bree had a better game yesterday than last week.

Yes, still at Swindon.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:27 - Feb 11 with 2643 viewsHerbivore

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:16 - Feb 11 by ITFC_Forever

Wolfenden is at Swindon, we can't play him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:28 - Feb 11 with 2633 viewsBluefish

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:21 - Feb 11 by ITFC_Forever

Bree didn't look convincing and for me Spence is a better all rounder. Spence is also better than Pennington and presumably Emmanuel at right back. Yes he has made some errors this season but all of our defence has and Spence is better in the air and better going forward. We might as well pick our strongest side even if some of our fans don't like the players.

*Emmanuel wasn't good enough when we had him before and couldn't make the team and Shrewsbury. None of our mangers have deemed him ready so I think it is fair to presume that he is still 4th choice at RB

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:34 - Feb 11 with 2582 viewsitfcjoe

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:19 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

Bree is better than Spence, reads the game better and doesn't make the mistakes - Spence is probably a better one on one defender admittedly.

I wonder if any hope of signing Bree in the summer, I doubt it.

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:36 - Feb 11 with 2567 viewsSteve_M

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:23 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

Have you heard the narrative that it was Ian Culverhouse who was the main man when they went up, the brains behind everything with Gary Karsa doing the recruitment and Lambert just the front man?!

I'm surprised Kings Lynn aren't flying up the league with Culverhouse in charge....

It must have really hurt when he left them for Villa.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:37 - Feb 11 with 2564 viewssausagedog

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 08:23 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

I believe that Kings Lynn have gone from fourth bottom to third since he’s been in charge
Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:37 - Feb 11 with 2561 viewsPinewoodblue

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:22 - Feb 11 by Kieran_Knows

Yes, still at Swindon.

Getting plenty of game time only two bookings so not under too much pressure. Should be an asset next season Think be is out of contract end of season unless he had signed.a new one or we have an option on an extra year.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Hard to even get that bothered about yesterday on 09:42 - Feb 11 with 2534 viewsSuperfrans

Agree on all points, Joe.

I was expecting far worse - a worse scoreline and for us barely to get the call from them. So I wasn't too upset by the result and definitely not by the performance.

We lack a cutting edge and are always liable to concede against decent strikers. This was confirmed yesterday, but we knew that before the game so... #shrugs

It felt like something to build on yesterday. Of course, we do need to stop having "something to build on" (which has been the case several times this season) and actually built something. We'd all like that to be in the Championship, but I'm resigned to that being in League 1 now - this isn't a conclusion I reached yesterday, but has been progressively confirmed over the past couple of months.

If, from yesterday's team, we can keep Chambers, Skuse, Nolan, Harrison, Judge, Sears, Downes, Bishop, maybe Keane and Bart (if we're willing to pay their wages), supplement them with some of our youngsters, we'll be competitive next season and chasing promotion.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024