Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert animosity 08:18 - Feb 11 with 3160 viewsBLUEBEAT

Why not wait until you’ve seen Paul Lambert play a Paul Lambert team, rather than an inherited one padded out with 3rd/4th choice loans?

Seems fair?

Poll: W or W

Paul Lambert animosity on 08:29 - Feb 11 with 2768 viewsblueconscience

You honestly think Evans will allow him to bring in better than we have in the squad? Nothing wrong with dreaming I guess.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 8:34]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Paul Lambert animosity on 08:33 - Feb 11 with 2751 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Because he’s being paid to manage the team now, not in 2021?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Paul Lambert animosity on 08:35 - Feb 11 with 2753 viewsBlueBadger

I'm more than happy to eat my words if he proves me wrong next season. I just don't have a lot of faith in it happening, right now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Lambert animosity on 08:58 - Feb 11 with 2691 viewsSuperblue95

Although the squad of players we have is poor I still don’t think it should be bottom of this division. We have better players than Bolton and Rotherham and probably a couple of others too but we don’t play as a team, don’t have any cohesion and don’t have any confidence.

Lambert has failed to positively affect any of those things so far
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 8:59]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:02 - Feb 11 with 2672 viewsHarryWright

Paul Lambert animosity on 08:33 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

God you're short sighted, remember Farke at Norwich was a failure last season as well until he'd built his team and implemented his style on them. It takes time to sort out the absolute mess Hurst and Evans got us in.
Paul Lambert animosity on 09:04 - Feb 11 with 2657 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:02 - Feb 11 by HarryWright

God you're short sighted, remember Farke at Norwich was a failure last season as well until he'd built his team and implemented his style on them. It takes time to sort out the absolute mess Hurst and Evans got us in.

Did you think we should have kept Hurst?

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:07 - Feb 11 with 2644 viewsHarryWright

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:04 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No, please don't tell me you are trying to compare the two situations.
Paul Lambert animosity on 09:07 - Feb 11 with 2636 viewsblueconscience

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:04 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Doesn’t matter who the manager is. We are where we are due to Evans lack of interest in improving the club.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:09 - Feb 11 with 2627 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:07 - Feb 11 by HarryWright

No, please don't tell me you are trying to compare the two situations.

Well there’s more of a comparison between Farke at Norwich and Hurst at Ipswich than there is between Farke and Lambert...

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:20 - Feb 11 with 2570 viewsSwansea_Blue

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:07 - Feb 11 by blueconscience

Doesn’t matter who the manager is. We are where we are due to Evans lack of interest in improving the club.

Hmm. I think it's more to do with his bad decisions rather than simply investment (although yeah, we are one of the leanest clubs in the league). When he does sanction mini spending spree he lets idiots have the money. When we have someone who had a decent core team and just needed a little strengthening he didn't. Very frustrating for us and a waste of money for him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:22 - Feb 11 with 2562 viewsCuffy81

It's going to take time to sort this mess out. Does anyone think that Quaner and Keane were Lamberts first choice targets? It was what Evans would fund.

Not saying he hadn't made mistakes and won't continue to do so but what he inherited was a poor squad, completely devoid of confidence and cohesion.

Get behind him, be patient and allow for mistakes.
Paul Lambert animosity on 09:24 - Feb 11 with 2543 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:22 - Feb 11 by Cuffy81

It's going to take time to sort this mess out. Does anyone think that Quaner and Keane were Lamberts first choice targets? It was what Evans would fund.

Not saying he hadn't made mistakes and won't continue to do so but what he inherited was a poor squad, completely devoid of confidence and cohesion.

Get behind him, be patient and allow for mistakes.

We signed Keane 4 days into the window and Quaner after 8. So yes, they clearly were 2 of our primary targets

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:25 - Feb 11 with 2530 viewsAYACCA

3 of our last 4 managers have been called Paul.....
Mick was better than all 3 though
Paul Lambert animosity on 09:28 - Feb 11 with 2507 viewsLankHenners

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:24 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We signed Keane 4 days into the window and Quaner after 8. So yes, they clearly were 2 of our primary targets

Lambert's change in language before and around that time makes it pretty clear they weren't, but obviously had to move down his shopping list quite quickly to get players in rather than flounder around with nobody new in the building (though it's a very fair argument they're no better than what we already had and not really worth them being here).

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:29 - Feb 11 with 2495 viewsCuffy81

I think Gestede was a primary target but Evans wouldn't fund it and that was clear late December and we chronically needed some form of striker to hold the ball up.
Paul Lambert animosity on 09:32 - Feb 11 with 2465 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:28 - Feb 11 by LankHenners

Lambert's change in language before and around that time makes it pretty clear they weren't, but obviously had to move down his shopping list quite quickly to get players in rather than flounder around with nobody new in the building (though it's a very fair argument they're no better than what we already had and not really worth them being here).

I don’t buy that - he would have known what the budget was when taking the job and clearly had targets lined up within that. The only major target we missed out on was Pilkington and that was seemingly down to circumstances rather than money

It would also have been Lamberts decision to bring in the volume of players he did. I’m still trying to get my head around both Keane and Quaner coming in rather than 1, higher quality striker

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:37 - Feb 11 with 2446 viewsitfcjoe

We were still shopping in a much smaller market at that point though, hard to judge a manager on their January window in reality. I personally think he had a good one but we are too far gone and always playing catch up.

Season has to be written off as a disater, where we can hopefully get some pride restored in upcoming games and pklan for next season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:38 - Feb 11 with 2436 viewsLankHenners

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:32 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t buy that - he would have known what the budget was when taking the job and clearly had targets lined up within that. The only major target we missed out on was Pilkington and that was seemingly down to circumstances rather than money

It would also have been Lamberts decision to bring in the volume of players he did. I’m still trying to get my head around both Keane and Quaner coming in rather than 1, higher quality striker

He went from 'we've got targets and hoping to get a few in very quickly' to 'this can be a very frustrating time to do business' to bringing in two players who have barely played all season (obviously we weren't going to get players who were playing regularly but you get the point). Would be astounded if Keane and Quaner were sitting right at the top of the list of targets.

That's easy to get your head around - the higher quality striker was out of our reach for whatever reason be it money or not wanting to come to the rock bottom club.

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:44 - Feb 11 with 2397 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:38 - Feb 11 by LankHenners

He went from 'we've got targets and hoping to get a few in very quickly' to 'this can be a very frustrating time to do business' to bringing in two players who have barely played all season (obviously we weren't going to get players who were playing regularly but you get the point). Would be astounded if Keane and Quaner were sitting right at the top of the list of targets.

That's easy to get your head around - the higher quality striker was out of our reach for whatever reason be it money or not wanting to come to the rock bottom club.

Lambert has also talked about not overhauling a squad drastically before bringing in 6 short term signings, and about keeping a consistent team before chopping and changing from week to week

Actions speak louder than words - we signed 5 players within just over a week of the window opening, they were clearly prime targets Lambert had identified

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:57 - Feb 11 with 2323 viewsColumbia

Far from ‘clearly’ primary/first choice targets. I’d imagine quite a few players ruled out due do high loan fees/what we were willing to pay.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 9:59]
Paul Lambert animosity on 10:11 - Feb 11 with 2261 viewsHarryWright

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:09 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well there’s more of a comparison between Farke at Norwich and Hurst at Ipswich than there is between Farke and Lambert...

You do realise the comparison I was making was the value of time right?
Paul Lambert animosity on 10:17 - Feb 11 with 2230 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Lambert animosity on 10:11 - Feb 11 by HarryWright

You do realise the comparison I was making was the value of time right?

But then that should apply to Hurst too...

Bottom line is just because another manager came good given time doesn’t mean Lambert will. Same applies with the comparisons to Burley here. Should he be given the chance - yes absolutely, but there isn’t anything currently to suggest he will make a success of it

All we have to go on currently is how he’s performed in the 17 games he’s been in charge - and results in those games have been very poor, unfortunately

Paul Lambert animosity on 10:28 - Feb 11 with 2183 viewsLankHenners

Paul Lambert animosity on 09:44 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Lambert has also talked about not overhauling a squad drastically before bringing in 6 short term signings, and about keeping a consistent team before chopping and changing from week to week

Actions speak louder than words - we signed 5 players within just over a week of the window opening, they were clearly prime targets Lambert had identified

That's clearly a long term goal - for now it's a case of needs must (which hasn't worked), 'short term to go long term' etc. The changes are also hardly like what Hurst was doing, i.e. completely changing the formation, style, tactics every game as he had no clue what he's doing. Lambert has a plan but isn't executing it very well, largely, I'd argue, down to the players not being very good and extremely low on confidence.

No they weren't - that would only make sense if Lambert and the club started looking for players on the day the window opened. There'd have been plenty of discussions behind the scenes in the weeks leading up to 1st January, during which we'd have had to have ruled out targets higher up the list for one reason or another.

Paul Lambert animosity on 10:42 - Feb 11 with 2138 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

this x 1000
Paul Lambert animosity on 10:43 - Feb 11 with 2126 viewsNo9

Paul Lambert animosity on 08:33 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

& at least a part of that will be doing the Owners bidding?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024