Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
saeson tickets & cut price tickets 10:40 - Feb 11 with 1820 viewsBluedanW

I see Reading is another cut price ticket game. Due to circumstances this season we have cut match prices to attract more supporters. As a season ticket holder I pay roughly £16 a game so £4 more for each of these games.
I am now wondering if I will be better off not to purchase a season ticket next season because if we start poorly I believe there will be many cut price ticket games.
The only benefit I see is the better chance of obtaining an away ticket at some grounds with poor allocation.
saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 11:17 - Feb 11 with 1774 viewsBasuco

No, over the course of a season you are much better off with a season ticket.
saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 11:38 - Feb 11 with 1737 viewsBluebell

saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 11:17 - Feb 11 by Basuco

No, over the course of a season you are much better off with a season ticket.

True if you can make it to all of the home games.

We struggle with Tuesday/Wednesday evening games and I am sure a lot of other people do.

It doesn't worry me that they are giving cheap tickets on quite a few games. I would rather have a big crowd. What does annoy me is people buying tickets because they don't cost a lot and then stand behind me and talk and moan all game.
saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 12:48 - Feb 11 with 1680 viewsPJH

saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 11:38 - Feb 11 by Bluebell

We struggle with Tuesday/Wednesday evening games and I am sure a lot of other people do.

It doesn't worry me that they are giving cheap tickets on quite a few games. I would rather have a big crowd. What does annoy me is people buying tickets because they don't cost a lot and then stand behind me and talk and moan all game.

Why do they moan about standing behind you, you are not that tall?
saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 12:52 - Feb 11 with 1664 viewsuefacup81

You're still better off with a Season Ticket.

See here:

Season Tickets vs Walk-Ups by uefacup81 5 Feb 2019 13:06
So, what with all the blubbing that Season Tickets are now apparently worth less than a Tony Dinning loan spell, I thought I'd crunch some numbers (click for embiggened versions):

https://i.ibb.co/cynTM3k/Four-Promos.png

https://i.ibb.co/QmxMdNy/Eight-Promos.png

As it stands, with four promo games, only those who have bought Season Tickets at post-Early Bird prices are affected (and, let's face it, if they can afford a standard-priced Season Ticket in Block D, they can afford to miss the £120).

In fact, it would take 8 (eight) £12 promo matches before anyone with an Early Bird Season Ticket could feel hard done by (and, again, the only two bands affected are both in premium seats).

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 12:53 - Feb 11 with 1655 viewsuefacup81

You also pay £9 less for each non-promotion game, which means that even if the club did promotions on a 2:1 ratio, you'd still be £1 better off.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 13:01 - Feb 11 with 1634 viewsbritbiker

saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 12:53 - Feb 11 by uefacup81

You also pay £9 less for each non-promotion game, which means that even if the club did promotions on a 2:1 ratio, you'd still be £1 better off.

I do wonder if they will lump some cup games into the season ticket price next season just so they dont have to reduce them significantly. I know that is a lottery with us due to most games being lost away from home at first attempt. Plus there will also be Johnston's paint cup which could prove to be an attendance all time low.
Not sure how that would work with the FA. Cup as some element of gate receipts would have to go to the away team.
saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 13:10 - Feb 11 with 1608 viewstractorboy7777

saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 12:52 - Feb 11 by uefacup81

You're still better off with a Season Ticket.

See here:

Season Tickets vs Walk-Ups by uefacup81 5 Feb 2019 13:06
So, what with all the blubbing that Season Tickets are now apparently worth less than a Tony Dinning loan spell, I thought I'd crunch some numbers (click for embiggened versions):

https://i.ibb.co/cynTM3k/Four-Promos.png

https://i.ibb.co/QmxMdNy/Eight-Promos.png

As it stands, with four promo games, only those who have bought Season Tickets at post-Early Bird prices are affected (and, let's face it, if they can afford a standard-priced Season Ticket in Block D, they can afford to miss the £120).

In fact, it would take 8 (eight) £12 promo matches before anyone with an Early Bird Season Ticket could feel hard done by (and, again, the only two bands affected are both in premium seats).

From a previous post of mine:

Evans needs to announce season ticket refund NOW (n/t) on 12:38 - Feb 5 by uefacup81

I'm assuming, based on the price and the attitude, that OP (quite aptly) sits in East of England blocks GIMP.

S/T here would be £507

A matchday ticket here is £30.

So 19 x 30 = £570
4 x 12 = £48

This gives a cost of £618 had he bought all his tickets individually.

Care to explain, Mr Hatstand, just how £618 is less than £507?
[Post edited 5 Feb 12:39]

First of all, I have no issues with theses reduced prices, however I can see why some are not happy.

Using the reduced price tickets it works out that you can can only miss three games a season and not lose out, opposed to 6 when you would have bought them. The schedule very often changes so they could miss some games. Allowing for only 3 missed games is very borderline worthwhile paying for a season ticket

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 13:34 - Feb 11 with 1552 viewsPinewoodblue

saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 11:38 - Feb 11 by Bluebell

With no international breaks should get more Saturday gsmes. Doubt you will mind missing midweek Trophy games.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 13:33 - Feb 13 with 1385 viewsBluedanW

saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 13:10 - Feb 11 by tractorboy7777

From a previous post of mine:

Evans needs to announce season ticket refund NOW (n/t) on 12:38 - Feb 5 by uefacup81

I'm assuming, based on the price and the attitude, that OP (quite aptly) sits in East of England blocks GIMP.

S/T here would be £507

A matchday ticket here is £30.

So 19 x 30 = £570
4 x 12 = £48

This gives a cost of £618 had he bought all his tickets individually.

Care to explain, Mr Hatstand, just how £618 is less than £507?
[Post edited 5 Feb 12:39]

First of all, I have no issues with theses reduced prices, however I can see why some are not happy.

Using the reduced price tickets it works out that you can can only miss three games a season and not lose out, opposed to 6 when you would have bought them. The schedule very often changes so they could miss some games. Allowing for only 3 missed games is very borderline worthwhile paying for a season ticket

north stand lower works out at £16 a game
saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 13:34 - Feb 13 with 1382 viewsBluedanW

saeson tickets & cut price tickets on 13:01 - Feb 11 by britbiker

I do wonder if they will lump some cup games into the season ticket price next season just so they dont have to reduce them significantly. I know that is a lottery with us due to most games being lost away from home at first attempt. Plus there will also be Johnston's paint cup which could prove to be an attendance all time low.
Not sure how that would work with the FA. Cup as some element of gate receipts would have to go to the away team.

We only play a maximum of 2 cup games a season. so they could offer us free home cup games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024