Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People losing faith in Paul Lambert 11:51 - Feb 11 with 4586 viewsskyblue23

I'm just unsure how people are losing faith in a guy that took over an awful team that had been ripped apart by Hurst and Evans. When he took over most people were saying they won't judge him this season or some even said until hes had 2 or 3 transfer windows etc.

The amount of times I've heard people say we don't play the 'Ipswich way' anymore and we shouldn't be playing hoof ball. Yet Lambert introduces a style where we pass it out from the back and as soon as we do it the fans start moaning.

Yes we are lacking up front but who else could Lambert have got in that would be better than we've managed to get or already have? He said himself they spoke to players who weren't up for the fight so they move on and Evans is never going to pump millions in to attract a striker when we could end up in league 1.

If by some miracle we stay up this season or if the more than likely happens and we go down to League 1. I'm not judging him until he's had a full preseason, all loans have gone back, all out of contract players are gone or resigned and hes had the same amount of time as Paul Hurst had in this season.

I didn't expect, as much as I wanted him too, for him to be able to turn this side around and keep us up with our financial issues and league position.

Paul Lambert is a blue!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 11:56 - Feb 11 with 4030 viewsBlueySwede

I think it´s "amazing" that some fans are starting to turn on him. We are just not good enough, and any manager would struggle to get points onboard this season. I did not agree with his team selection yesterday, but no manager gets it right every game. I´m excited to see what mr. Lambert can do for us next season.
People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 12:02 - Feb 11 with 3996 viewsSouperJim

I agree completely, most fans need someone to blame in the here and now though and Lambert is the man in the chair. Best just to ignore it.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 12:04 - Feb 11 with 3988 viewsCuffy81

Well said.

Time and patience is required to turn this horrible mess around, I'm confident Lambert will get it right but it we need to remain right behind him. I don't understand how another manager with a different way of thinking is going to help anything, we need stability.
People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 12:21 - Feb 11 with 3952 viewsIllinoisblue

I think it’s inportant to distinguish between “losing faith” or “turning” and merely questioning some of his decisions. Prime example y/day was Nolan coming back into the side.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 12:36 - Feb 11 with 3921 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 12:21 - Feb 11 by Illinoisblue

I think it’s inportant to distinguish between “losing faith” or “turning” and merely questioning some of his decisions. Prime example y/day was Nolan coming back into the side.

Exactly this. Questioning some of his decisions is not turning on or wanting him out.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 12:47 - Feb 11 with 3881 viewsskyblue23

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 12:21 - Feb 11 by Illinoisblue

I understand people questioning decisions as I have done myself. But there are many who have stated on here and on BBC suffolk yesterday that they have lost faith.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:03 - Feb 11 with 3780 viewsBluefish

The fairest way is to compare him to Jewell.

It probably isn't a very good idea to do so if you don't want to destroy moral though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:05 - Feb 11 with 3775 viewsMach_foreignBlue

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:03 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

The fairest way is to compare him to Jewell.

It probably isn't a very good idea to do so if you don't want to destroy moral though

No it isn't because Jewell had been our worst ever manager.
Login to get fewer ads

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:05 - Feb 11 with 3771 viewsBluefish

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:05 - Feb 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

What is the criteria?

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:14 - Feb 11 with 3750 viewsMach_foreignBlue

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:05 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

What is the criteria?

Results, state of the squad, long term damage, lack of discipline, easy payday for some Etc etc.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 14:16]
People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:20 - Feb 11 with 3732 viewsrickw

I'm much happier about the style of play than previous season's but lets be honest - we all expected Lambert to have more of an upturn in results that what we've had.

I'm not going to judge him properly until next season, but playing devils advocate I will say:
His points ratio is no better than Paul Hirst's
He brought in 7 players in January - how many of them have actually improved us or were better than Hirst's signings? (Keane, Quaner, Elder, Dawkins - no, Collins + Judge yes, Bree too soon)

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:21 - Feb 11 with 3730 viewsBluefish

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:14 - Feb 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

Results, state of the squad, long term damage, lack of discipline, easy payday for some Etc etc.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 14:16]

Results is surely Lambert
State of the squad debatable but probably Jewell. keane, and Royle could rival him though
Long term damage is keane or Hurst
Lack of discipline not sure how we judge that but Hurst must be up there on that
Easy pay says Bullard definitely deserved to be signed but Jewell gave out some pay days that is for sure. Overall he didn't waste anywhere near as much as keane.

keane will have always done the most damage when you look at starting position and resources. The last season under Royle is probably our worst expected finish vs actual finish.

Lambert is currently performing worse than Jewell in results impact.

Overall keane is the worst marginally ahead of Hurst and Jewell together but Lambert could yet beat them all both into 2nd. McGiven and Royle are next ahead of Duncan

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:29 - Feb 11 with 3708 viewsMach_foreignBlue

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:21 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

Results is surely Lambert
State of the squad debatable but probably Jewell. keane, and Royle could rival him though
Long term damage is keane or Hurst
Lack of discipline not sure how we judge that but Hurst must be up there on that
Easy pay says Bullard definitely deserved to be signed but Jewell gave out some pay days that is for sure. Overall he didn't waste anywhere near as much as keane.

keane will have always done the most damage when you look at starting position and resources. The last season under Royle is probably our worst expected finish vs actual finish.

Lambert is currently performing worse than Jewell in results impact.

Overall keane is the worst marginally ahead of Hurst and Jewell together but Lambert could yet beat them all both into 2nd. McGiven and Royle are next ahead of Duncan

That is an utter nonsense from you. Utter nonsense.

Jewell/Keane aside how can you mention Royle while Magilton was far worse than him? Beyond madness to rate Magilton higher.
People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:59 - Feb 11 with 3639 viewsBluefish

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:29 - Feb 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

That is an utter nonsense from you. Utter nonsense.

Jewell/Keane aside how can you mention Royle while Magilton was far worse than him? Beyond madness to rate Magilton higher.

Which season do you think was our worst ever for expected finish vs actual?

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:01 - Feb 11 with 3630 viewsHerbivore

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:05 - Feb 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

I'd say Hurst has comfortably claimed that crown and made the Jewell v Keane debate somewhat irrelevant.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:02 - Feb 11 with 3625 viewsChampionship

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:01 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

I'd say Hurst has comfortably claimed that crown and made the Jewell v Keane debate somewhat irrelevant.

Completely agree.
People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:05 - Feb 11 with 3604 viewsPJH

It never was Jewell v Keane for me because Keane had no challenger as the worst but The Boy Wonder has surpassed him.
People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:09 - Feb 11 with 3582 viewsBluefish

Hurst didn't get a budget for the era that was designed to win the league. keane is and always be the worst ever

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:19 - Feb 11 with 3544 viewsHerbivore

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:09 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

Hurst didn't get a budget for the era that was designed to win the league. keane is and always be the worst ever

Hurst took a mid table side and turned them into the worst team in the history of the division in around 3 months. He's the worst by an absolute mile. I dislike Keane immensely but in terms of competence he looks like a Mick McCarthy in comparison to Hurst.

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:24 - Feb 11 with 3526 viewsMach_foreignBlue

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 14:59 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

Which season do you think was our worst ever for expected finish vs actual?

2016/17. Worst finish for nearly 60 years. Lawrence's moments of brilliance and Bialkowski's incredible form (as mccarthy couldn't sort out a poor defence) saved us from the relegation.
People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:28 - Feb 11 with 3507 viewsBluefish

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:24 - Feb 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

2016/17. Worst finish for nearly 60 years. Lawrence's moments of brilliance and Bialkowski's incredible form (as mccarthy couldn't sort out a poor defence) saved us from the relegation.

1 point difference to Royle and there would not have been 1 point difference in the expectation. What can't you accept it? It would make your arguments far more credible if you could

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:29 - Feb 11 with 3500 viewsBluefish

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:19 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

Hurst took a mid table side and turned them into the worst team in the history of the division in around 3 months. He's the worst by an absolute mile. I dislike Keane immensely but in terms of competence he looks like a Mick McCarthy in comparison to Hurst.

keane took a mid table side with the budget to win the league and did the same?

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:29 - Feb 11 with 3501 viewsMach_foreignBlue

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:09 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

Wrong again.

When Keane left : two permanent goalies + 3rd choice Lee-Barrett.
A few months later under Jewell : the no.1 with 24h re-call clause and that 3rd choice one. Tell me more that Keane was worse.

Shall I mention a long list of embarrassing defeats? Or the fact that players would take piss out of the club and their duties? Keep telling us that Keane was worse.

Of course Keane has real mental issues (although not as big as mccarthy) but as things stand he is our 3rd worst manager.
People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:32 - Feb 11 with 3484 viewsMach_foreignBlue

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:28 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

1 point difference to Royle and there would not have been 1 point difference in the expectation. What can't you accept it? It would make your arguments far more credible if you could

Royle had lost 4 key players prior to his last season so you need to get familiar with the facts.
mccarthy had no ideas after losing Murphy.

My arguments are about the facts, yours are about the bizarre hatred of Royle whereas his successor in Magilton was far worse.
People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 16:16 - Feb 11 with 3375 viewsHerbivore

People losing faith in Paul Lambert on 15:29 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

keane took a mid table side with the budget to win the league and did the same?

Budget to win the league is an exaggeration. And we weren't the worst Championship side in history then, which we are now. A patient owner sacked Hurst after 4 months, that tells you everything. By all means dislike Keane more but Hurst easily trumps him in having been a total disaster.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024