Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My big fear. 12:04 - Feb 11 with 6357 viewsTheBoyBlue

Is not relegation. Like most I accepted that a long time ago. It's that the gap between us and 21st stays at 9 or 10 points and is perceived doable. Which will mean that we still stand a mathematical chance up until 3 or 4 games to go and will see us wasting time chasing a gap we'll never bridge but the players and manager will feel obliged to try and bridge, despite the fact that we're clearly incapable of stringing a couple of wins together or even picking up draws.

In the circumstances I wish that the teams above would properly pull away and relegate us as soon as possible so that we can spend as much time preparing for next season as possible. Because lets face it, we need it.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

My big fear. on 19:32 - Feb 11 with 502 viewsGuthrum

My big fear. on 15:08 - Feb 11 by Oxford_Blue

It means:

- sending the loan players back
- getting rid of the dross who are coming to the end of their contracts
- playing youngsters and blooding them on the basis that they will be the core of the side
- getting a rapport going with the fans again somehow eg by continuing discount tickets and events
- reducing ST prices and matchday prices
- starting to line up targets for the close season

Only the last of those is really practicable.

If you do the first two, we won't have a viable team. If you do the third, what's to say they won't leave in the summer, too? Plus we'll regularly get thumped, bad for morale. Lambert is already doing the fourth, by clever public relations and the fifth will just leave us even more short of funds.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

My big fear. on 19:45 - Feb 11 with 482 viewssoclopath

My big fear. on 19:32 - Feb 11 by Guthrum

Only the last of those is really practicable.

If you do the first two, we won't have a viable team. If you do the third, what's to say they won't leave in the summer, too? Plus we'll regularly get thumped, bad for morale. Lambert is already doing the fourth, by clever public relations and the fifth will just leave us even more short of funds.

Who has the most difficult run in starting today from those four teams above us.
My big fear. on 21:28 - Feb 11 with 453 viewsPJH

My big fear. on 19:45 - Feb 11 by soclopath

Who has the most difficult run in starting today from those four teams above us.

If we are fifth it is not as bad as I was led to believe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024