Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? 12:13 - Feb 11 with 12420 viewsMaySixth

They will suffer immense pain as they fail to go up

or

They will suffer immense pain as they get thumped every week in the top flight and hate the experience
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 12:26]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:17 - Feb 11 with 8198 viewsChampionship

Come off it. Every time they go up they get stronger. They've survived before as well. It's really desperate to try and pass off this narrative. We need them to choke. Nothing good for us comes from them going up.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:17 - Feb 11 with 8186 viewsSwansea_Blue

Couldn't give a monkeys about them tbh

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:19 - Feb 11 with 8171 viewsBluefish

If they go up we will never be bigger than them again

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:21 - Feb 11 with 8159 viewsITFC_Forever

If they go up, they'll be light years ahead of us.... another £100m from being in the Prem + £60m parachute payments when they come back down.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:24 - Feb 11 with 8125 viewsBlueBadger

Sadly, I fear they'll be back in the Championship before we are.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:24 - Feb 11 with 8127 viewsBluefish

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:21 - Feb 11 by ITFC_Forever

If they go up, they'll be light years ahead of us.... another £100m from being in the Prem + £60m parachute payments when they come back down.

Precisely, I find it staggering that some people think there will be humour in them going up. They will set up forever, more so than their last visits up. Our relegation will be far less significant in the gap between us and can be easily closed again

Parachutes payments were the worst thing to ever happen to clubs our size
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 12:24]

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:27 - Feb 11 with 8094 viewsMaySixth

oh well, just me then

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:30 - Feb 11 with 8063 viewsSitfcB

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:24 - Feb 11 by BlueBadger

Sadly, I fear they'll be back in the Championship before we are.

Yeah they will be relegated before we get promoted next season tbf.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:31 - Feb 11 with 8036 viewsTheBoyBlue

Why do people think we are defined by how we compare with Norwich? If we ever get back into the PL and Norwich are there then I'll still be ecstatic. If we stay up but Norwich go up then I'll still be delighted. We've lost to them and still got promoted.

But for those who are so utterly preoccupied by Norwich, when they come down again (whether that in a season or 10) then how they manage that. Money is not everything (it helps of course!). Likewise, if we ever get to the PL again, whether we stay up and make a success of it will depend on how we manage it. It won't depend on how Norwich are doing in comparison though.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:34 - Feb 11 with 8001 viewsitfcjoe

I will enjoy them not going up, however going up and then failing won't bring me much joy.

Everytime they have had a sniff of anything good in the last decade they seem to have grabbed it with both hands and not let go - for the last 15 years we have made mistake after mistake and not seized any opportunity we have had to get out of this league at the right end.

That's the difference between the 2 clubs, and why they'll likely sneak up.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:40 - Feb 11 with 7955 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I expect the current regime at Norwich will cash in if they go up.

They would be streets ahead of us, and with a good investor could really flourish.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:40 - Feb 11 with 7942 viewsBluefish

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:40 - Feb 11 by PrideOfTheEast

I expect the current regime at Norwich will cash in if they go up.

They would be streets ahead of us, and with a good investor could really flourish.

I think they would sell up too. I think ed balls hinted something along those lines on the radio

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:45 - Feb 11 with 7909 viewsuefacup81

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:40 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

I think they would sell up too. I think ed balls hinted something along those lines on the radio

I wouldn't be so sure. I think Delia is on record as saying she'd never sell the club, and intends to hand it down to her nephew(?).

Likewise, I'm not so sure the parachute payments will make the difference some people fear they will. If you look at the six relegated teams since the huge TV deal (Hull, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Swansea, West Brom, Stoke), there's no real evidence to say a relegated team is a shoo-in to get back up.

Couple this with Delia's history of refusing to spend big money, and I don't think they'll streak as far ahead as some fear.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:47 - Feb 11 with 7892 viewstextbackup

yeah its gonna be great them getting all that money, build their academy further, etc

buy players like Maddison, go down again, but command big fees and rebuild.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:54 - Feb 11 with 7844 viewsSouperJim

While it's not the bed of roses it might look on paper, I'd gladly swap our position for theirs.

In all probability however, we will win more games of football than them next season. That's something I guess? Meh, not sure I really give a monkeys, but then I live in West Suffolk and very rarely even come across one of em. Norwich fans that is, can't move for monkeys in BSE.

One thing that is worth reflecting on, in the time ME has been here, our level of investment has been much greater than theirs. Yet while Norwich are a well run club, our owner has spent 10 years trying to find the car park. The main reason we are where we are is because of Evans, not because he hasn't put enough money in, but because his general running of the club has bordered on the incompetent.

We can only hope he's finally finding his feet.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:54 - Feb 11 with 7838 viewsPJH

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:47 - Feb 11 by textbackup

yeah its gonna be great them getting all that money, build their academy further, etc

buy players like Maddison, go down again, but command big fees and rebuild.....

Best continue to hope that they do not go up then.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 13:00 - Feb 11 with 7780 viewsGlasgowBlue

Yeah I’d really hate be in their situation right now

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 13:03 - Feb 11 with 7758 viewschicoazul

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:21 - Feb 11 by ITFC_Forever

Yes, but the lowest points total ever will be in danger and they will lose 10-0 at the Etihad. Silver linings.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 13:51 - Feb 11 with 7556 viewsbritbiker

The way this year is going they will probably end up third and the League will finally find some balls and deduct Leeds points for spygate handing Norwich auto promotion.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 17:43 - Feb 11 with 7159 viewslazyblue

Wishful thinking however they will be one of those teams that just stays up then progress year on year.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:54 - Feb 11 with 7104 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yeah, watching them chase promotion will be an absolute joy
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 18:00]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 18:05 - Feb 11 with 7041 viewsPinewoodblue

It is quite possible Norwich will be needing an already relegated Ipswich to win our last two games. Blades away and Leeds at home.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 18:54 - Feb 11 with 6847 viewspatrickswell

If there's one thing learnt about Norwich in the last decade it's that they don't choke when it comes to promotion. And even if they do, they are by all accounts way ahead of where they expected to be under Farke this season.

In either event, they are in a good place I'm afraid. We must concentrate on getting our own house in order, because we're in a bad place and there's no guarantee that next season will see us bounce back quickly.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 19:06 - Feb 11 with 6779 viewsghostofescobar

Either way, they are streets ahead of us in all respects, other than history, which counts for feck all on the pitch. One of these times, they’ll hang on in in the prem and become established there, leaving us even further behind.

GhostOfEscobar

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 19:20 - Feb 11 with 6736 viewsbournemouthblue

I fear somewhere in between

They'll certainly need to recruit if they go up, they look fairly reliant on Vrancic bossing midfields, they didn't look half the team without him, granted that was still too good for us but I don't believe they could afford to lose him against their better opponents

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024