Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? 12:13 - Feb 11 with 12431 viewsMaySixth

They will suffer immense pain as they fail to go up

or

They will suffer immense pain as they get thumped every week in the top flight and hate the experience
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 12:26]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 20:20 - Feb 11 with 4167 viewsSpruceMoose

Fooooooooooooooooooooook off you trophy dodging, stand burning, sister fiddling, six fingered, carrot crunching participant caaaaaaaahnt.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 20:22]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:28 - Feb 11 with 4065 viewsthegloryyears

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 20:20 - Feb 11 by SpruceMoose

Fooooooooooooooooooooook off you trophy dodging, stand burning, sister fiddling, six fingered, carrot crunching participant caaaaaaaahnt.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 20:22]

Unfortunately the type of tippy tappy football they play is exactly suited to the Premier League it wouldn't surprise me if they stayed up for a while, - they just need to keep hold of Farke and Webber - meanwhile we can enjoy Accrington Stanley and Burton Albion, try to put a team together over the Summer from free transfers and has beens - next season 12th at best I fear!
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:33 - Feb 11 with 4055 viewsPJH

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:28 - Feb 11 by thegloryyears

Unfortunately the type of tippy tappy football they play is exactly suited to the Premier League it wouldn't surprise me if they stayed up for a while, - they just need to keep hold of Farke and Webber - meanwhile we can enjoy Accrington Stanley and Burton Albion, try to put a team together over the Summer from free transfers and has beens - next season 12th at best I fear!

Interesting, another first time poster the day after we played them trying to be a little bit complimentary to Naarwich without appearing too gushing.
I might be wrong but......
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:38 - Feb 11 with 4039 viewsthegloryyears

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:33 - Feb 11 by PJH

Interesting, another first time poster the day after we played them trying to be a little bit complimentary to Naarwich without appearing too gushing.
I might be wrong but......

yep good try - long time viewer just getting to the end of my tether first match 1981 - I remember the Muhren, Wark , Cooper, Mariner years......and how far we have fallen.
But I'll still be there next Season!
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:40 - Feb 11 with 4033 viewsPJH

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:38 - Feb 11 by thegloryyears

yep good try - long time viewer just getting to the end of my tether first match 1981 - I remember the Muhren, Wark , Cooper, Mariner years......and how far we have fallen.
But I'll still be there next Season!

I did say that I might be wrong.
Just a coincidence then.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:51 - Feb 11 with 3994 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:40 - Feb 11 by PJH

I did say that I might be wrong.
Just a coincidence then.

No budgie, past, present or future will ever be able to have ‘thegloryyears’ as a username.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:53 - Feb 11 with 3981 viewsPJH

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:51 - Feb 11 by OsmansCleanSheet

No budgie, past, present or future will ever be able to have ‘thegloryyears’ as a username.

True but what better way for a budgie to infiltrate our site?

Seemingly not a budgie anyway.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 23:03 - Feb 11 with 3897 viewsHARRY10

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:54 - Feb 11 by SouperJim

While it's not the bed of roses it might look on paper, I'd gladly swap our position for theirs.

In all probability however, we will win more games of football than them next season. That's something I guess? Meh, not sure I really give a monkeys, but then I live in West Suffolk and very rarely even come across one of em. Norwich fans that is, can't move for monkeys in BSE.

One thing that is worth reflecting on, in the time ME has been here, our level of investment has been much greater than theirs. Yet while Norwich are a well run club, our owner has spent 10 years trying to find the car park. The main reason we are where we are is because of Evans, not because he hasn't put enough money in, but because his general running of the club has bordered on the incompetent.

We can only hope he's finally finding his feet.

Not putting enough money in ?

Actually that has been the problem. Take a look at the stadium and pitch. Minimal spent on the upkeep. The annual turn over of dud players. Players who last a season at best, or in some case (Leon Best) not even that.

What happened to the CAT 1 academy ? Have we produced a first team keeper since Evans took over ? At least the scum stuck by their academy. Christ, they even had 3 of their back four as academy products and the other was some lower league German who I suspect cost them diddley squat.

Evans appointed Clegg who hadn't a clue about football, as didn't the follow up Symonds and Milne. What was the criteria for manager, they had previously won promotion. And yet here we are rock bottom with the lowest points total out of the 3 lower leagues. 23 goals out of 31 games !

The scum's Finn has scored 20 alone, as I was told rather repeatedly today. Though when it calmed down a bit the two scummers pointed out a few differences between our clubs, that I denied but knew were right.

We have been bled dry by Evans, and held back from progressing with what I think is the backing that exists. We still have great support and were Evans to disappear over night there are plenty who would rally round and put us back on course.

Not success over night, but at least heading in that direction.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 23:14 - Feb 11 with 3879 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 21:28 - Feb 11 by thegloryyears

Tippy, tappy? They strike me as a sit back, hard to break down, hit hard on the break type of team. 3 shots, three goals bam. And that's far from the first time they've done that this season. But apart from that, yep I think they're in a good place and with a bit of extra quality could easily stay up n the PL (if they get there). The quality at the bottom this year is poor.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 02:56 - Feb 12 with 3768 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

12th might be a bit ambitious.

If Norwich do go up, they will stay up. Structure is in place to avoid the bottom 3. With parachute payments the disparity between the two clubs will be enormous.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 04:33 - Feb 12 with 3595 viewsBenters2

When you look back at the 17 years we have been stuck in this poxy league,it would take the most jealous fool not to admit Norwich and their fans have had a more enjoyable time watching their club than we have ours.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 08:43 - Feb 12 with 3522 viewsMeadowlark

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:31 - Feb 11 by TheBoyBlue

Why do people think we are defined by how we compare with Norwich? If we ever get back into the PL and Norwich are there then I'll still be ecstatic. If we stay up but Norwich go up then I'll still be delighted. We've lost to them and still got promoted.

But for those who are so utterly preoccupied by Norwich, when they come down again (whether that in a season or 10) then how they manage that. Money is not everything (it helps of course!). Likewise, if we ever get to the PL again, whether we stay up and make a success of it will depend on how we manage it. It won't depend on how Norwich are doing in comparison though.

Agreed. When did Norwich become the standard we must be compared to?
For all but two days a season I barely know their results and don't even talk about them, but (and this post proves the point) it is becoming a bit obsessive on here.
Let it go.
COYB.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 08:50 - Feb 12 with 3516 viewscaught-in-limbo

I always check to see what Norwich are doing. I can't say I'm enjoying any of it at the moment.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 09:39 - Feb 12 with 3461 viewsnoggin

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 08:43 - Feb 12 by Meadowlark

Agreed. When did Norwich become the standard we must be compared to?
For all but two days a season I barely know their results and don't even talk about them, but (and this post proves the point) it is becoming a bit obsessive on here.
Let it go.
COYB.

Our fans have always compared our position, results and success with those of Norwich, and vice versa. We can't just stop that now because we don't like the answers.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 09:45 - Feb 12 with 3450 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:24 - Feb 11 by Bluefish

Precisely, I find it staggering that some people think there will be humour in them going up. They will set up forever, more so than their last visits up. Our relegation will be far less significant in the gap between us and can be easily closed again

Parachutes payments were the worst thing to ever happen to clubs our size
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 12:24]

We are essentially a Kevin Beattie living in a Darren Huckerby world.

We were one of the best teams in the land, won major honours and were right up there, but it was at a time when there was no money in the game.

Norwich, are an average team that just so happened to achieve a small fraction of what we did in a time where the money in the game has gone completely insane.

They've achieved nothing more than getting a couple of promotions in 2015 and 2019 (potentially) and got £500m from it when we got promoted in 1992 and 2000 and got about £100m.

We've had the exact same success than them at the wrong time. They've not achieved anything special. They've basically just won the lottery.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 9:50]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 12:35 - Feb 12 with 3348 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 09:45 - Feb 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

We were one of the best teams in the land, won major honours and were right up there, but it was at a time when there was no money in the game.

Norwich, are an average team that just so happened to achieve a small fraction of what we did in a time where the money in the game has gone completely insane.

They've achieved nothing more than getting a couple of promotions in 2015 and 2019 (potentially) and got £500m from it when we got promoted in 1992 and 2000 and got about £100m.

We've had the exact same success than them at the wrong time. They've not achieved anything special. They've basically just won the lottery.

Without sticking up for Norwich as well, although we take the p155 out of them as UEFA Cup participants (rightly), they would have got into Europe 3 times in the 4 or 5 years British clubs were banned after Heysel.

That would put a different slant on what they achieved in the late 80s, not that they would have matched us of course, but they were unlucky.

I'd much rather see both Norwich and Ipswich in the PL as something different to the glut of clubs in the North West who have had recent success

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 17:54 - Feb 12 with 3263 viewsTheBoyBlue

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 09:39 - Feb 12 by noggin

Our fans have always compared our position, results and success with those of Norwich, and vice versa. We can't just stop that now because we don't like the answers.

But I never did when we were successful. The season we got relegated from the PL I was genuinely surprised that Norwich had made the play-offs in the division below us. I had absolutely no idea they were anywhere near them. Likewise, the season before, when we finished fifth, I couldn't tell you even roughly where they finished. I'm simply most concerned with what we're doing. Apart from when we play Norwich we can't effect them in any shape or form.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 22:37 - Feb 12 with 3125 viewsIpswichKnight

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 13:03 - Feb 11 by chicoazul

Yes, but the lowest points total ever will be in danger and they will lose 10-0 at the Etihad. Silver linings.

Knowing our luck it will be the last game and by that point City will have over 100 points and 100 goals and won’t care about giving them a proper thrashing!
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 02:21 - Feb 13 with 3013 viewsHARRY10

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 09:45 - Feb 12 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I think you are muddling a team with a club an the mony you talk of is almost all spent in wages and transfer fees, which when relegated become a huge burden.

The scum were promoted to the PL in 2004, 2011 and 2015, not as you claim.

Both clubs are roughly the same size and can attract the same level of support - so why do they seem to have got the last 17 years better than we have ? Sheepshanks shoulders the blame, having over committed the club and put us right in the sh.it.

To compound it he then sold us out to Evans, who has bled us dry. Take a look at the squad, the worst I have known in all my time. There is no overall plan or even structure. Plenty of talk of a Cat 1 academy and 50% of the squad being home grown by 2017, but never backed.

We are in this sorrowful state through being run by the likes of Clegg and Milne and being screwed over by Evans

"I was told about a year ago, by someone heavily involved with local football, that they were amazed at how much ITFC had withdrawn locally and given Norwich pretty much free reign in and around Ipswich.

No idea why this was happening but I suspect money, or rather lack of it, had something to do with it! "

So take a read of the thread where this comes from and see where Evans constant penny pinching is taking us. This should be of great concern - not some stupid friggin banners

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools by thebooks 12 Feb 2019 18:08
There was an interesting bit on Life's a Pitch at the weekend where one of the folks pointed out that Norwich City run the football coaching at one of the town centre schools (it's St Helen's, incidentally).

Jason Dozzell was lightly quizzed on this, and he had no idea it was the case. He expressed some amazement the club wasn't involved in any of the town's schools' coaching (I don't think he picked up on the fact it was a bit odd he was unaware despite coaching kids at the club...)

St Helen's is a big school and can boast Liam Trotter among its alumni. Is there any reason why Town aren't doing this but Norwich are?

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 03:22 - Feb 13 with 3002 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 02:21 - Feb 13 by HARRY10

I think you are muddling a team with a club an the mony you talk of is almost all spent in wages and transfer fees, which when relegated become a huge burden.

The scum were promoted to the PL in 2004, 2011 and 2015, not as you claim.

Both clubs are roughly the same size and can attract the same level of support - so why do they seem to have got the last 17 years better than we have ? Sheepshanks shoulders the blame, having over committed the club and put us right in the sh.it.

To compound it he then sold us out to Evans, who has bled us dry. Take a look at the squad, the worst I have known in all my time. There is no overall plan or even structure. Plenty of talk of a Cat 1 academy and 50% of the squad being home grown by 2017, but never backed.

We are in this sorrowful state through being run by the likes of Clegg and Milne and being screwed over by Evans

"I was told about a year ago, by someone heavily involved with local football, that they were amazed at how much ITFC had withdrawn locally and given Norwich pretty much free reign in and around Ipswich.

No idea why this was happening but I suspect money, or rather lack of it, had something to do with it! "

So take a read of the thread where this comes from and see where Evans constant penny pinching is taking us. This should be of great concern - not some stupid friggin banners

Norwich provide football coaching in the town's schools by thebooks 12 Feb 2019 18:08
There was an interesting bit on Life's a Pitch at the weekend where one of the folks pointed out that Norwich City run the football coaching at one of the town centre schools (it's St Helen's, incidentally).

Jason Dozzell was lightly quizzed on this, and he had no idea it was the case. He expressed some amazement the club wasn't involved in any of the town's schools' coaching (I don't think he picked up on the fact it was a bit odd he was unaware despite coaching kids at the club...)

St Helen's is a big school and can boast Liam Trotter among its alumni. Is there any reason why Town aren't doing this but Norwich are?

Norwich are also investing heavily in sports psychology.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 09:29 - Feb 13 with 2887 viewsPJH

Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 03:22 - Feb 13 by TonyHumesIpswich

Norwich are also investing heavily in sports psychology.

and quite possibly in acting lessons-although that is currently at a very amateurish stage.
Anyone else enjoying watching what will happen to Norwich now? on 23:19 - Feb 13 with 2743 viewsMaySixth

Cancel the open top bus parade
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 14:56]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024