Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? 12:27 - Feb 11 with 1982 viewsIllinoisblue

Maybe harsh as the ball was arrowed right in the corner but Bart seemed to get down slowly.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 12:30 - Feb 11 with 1972 viewsitfcjoe

He takes it half a stride earlier than you'd expect, as thought Chambers should have slid across at first. But it's an excellent finish, Bart wouldn't have been quite set and all weight starting to go the other way - just a really good finish for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 12:35 - Feb 11 with 1915 viewsitfcbam

Initially thought so, more watched then 50/50. Think a decent keeper in decent form would at the very least have got a hand on it. Sadly Bart isn't in decent form at all. Think this is why he hasn't been snapped up before as there are too many goals that you look at and think could he.have done better? I would say if anything more suspect for 3rd goal, should have been off line quicker and more decisive to make block. 2nd goal much like the 1st was more on Pennington.
Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 12:37 - Feb 11 with 1904 viewsAlexGreen

It's a shame that they had three shots on target all game and scored all of them, but I'm struggling to see how Bart can be blamed to be honest, just really clinical finishing, much like us at the start of last season when we won four on the bounce.

Wow I'd forgotten that; we won more games in our first four last year than we have here this entire season!

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 12:48 - Feb 11 with 1865 viewsRobTheMonk

Good finish but I don't think Bart was set right. I don't think he got his angles correct and the footwork was heavy. I can see what he's trying to do, almost gambling on the near post because of Chambers position, but it proved to be the wrong decision.

The third goal could of been avoided as well in my opinion. Split second decisions as a goalie can be the difference between a save and a goal. I don't think he reacted quick enough - was slow to get out to the striker which meant that all he had to do was poke it under.
Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 12:48 - Feb 11 with 1863 viewsSomethingBlue

Not for that one, but my instinct upon seeing the third (haven't seen it since) was that he was slow out to Pukki there. It was actually near-identical to Jerome's in the play-off.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 12:50 - Feb 11 with 1841 viewsWD19

I thought the third was worse. A confident keeper at the top of his game is out quicker and cleans out the lot.
Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 12:51 - Feb 11 with 1820 viewsPJH

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 12:48 - Feb 11 by SomethingBlue

Not for that one, but my instinct upon seeing the third (haven't seen it since) was that he was slow out to Pukki there. It was actually near-identical to Jerome's in the play-off.

Both at the game and seeing it again my opinion is that Bart could have done better with the third one.
I think the only save he apparently actually made, in the first half, was given as a goal kick although I think he got a touch.
Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 13:09 - Feb 11 with 1742 viewsColumbia

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 12:30 - Feb 11 by itfcjoe

He takes it half a stride earlier than you'd expect, as thought Chambers should have slid across at first. But it's an excellent finish, Bart wouldn't have been quite set and all weight starting to go the other way - just a really good finish for me

Yeah just a really good finish from a player who’s full of confidence at the minute considering how many he’s been banging in.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 13:10 - Feb 11 with 1731 viewsSteve_M

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 12:48 - Feb 11 by SomethingBlue

Yep, definitely could have done better for the third. Probably not quite as culpable as he was for Jerome's.

I did wonder if he could have done more with the second but think Pukki deserves the credit.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 13:13 - Feb 11 with 1699 viewsCuffy81

My neutral arsenal supporting mate thought he should have done better on the 2nd and 3rd goals, starting position felt wrong got the 2nd and 3rd he should have come and took everything.
Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 13:20 - Feb 11 with 1661 viewschristiand

Thought Bart could have done better for the 2nd and 3rd goals personally. He seemed to dive where he had 'set' his feet for the second, instead of trying to get a quick half a step in, which would have allowed him to easily push wide or even gather. Lets be honest Bart wasn't far away from it, a fingertip? For the third, he looked slow and hesitant off his line. A keeper in good form would've just come out and smothered that ball, whipping it off Pukki's feet. Unfortunately, Bart isn't at the top of his game - we all know that.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 13:29 - Feb 11 with 1618 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 13:20 - Feb 11 by christiand

Thought Bart could have done better for the 2nd and 3rd goals personally. He seemed to dive where he had 'set' his feet for the second, instead of trying to get a quick half a step in, which would have allowed him to easily push wide or even gather. Lets be honest Bart wasn't far away from it, a fingertip? For the third, he looked slow and hesitant off his line. A keeper in good form would've just come out and smothered that ball, whipping it off Pukki's feet. Unfortunately, Bart isn't at the top of his game - we all know that.

Isn't this all academic. You have to score goals to win matches.

Judge Pennington and Chambers had clear cut chances, first two off target, Chambers hit his shot as if it were a back pass to the keeper.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 13:31 - Feb 11 with 1602 viewschristiand

Anyone think Bart could/should have done better for their 2nd goal? on 13:29 - Feb 11 by Pinewoodblue

Isn't this all academic. You have to score goals to win matches.

Judge Pennington and Chambers had clear cut chances, first two off target, Chambers hit his shot as if it were a back pass to the keeper.

Of course, but that's not what the OP was asking.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024