Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there 14:12 - Feb 11 with 3370 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

We absolutely have to start planning around him.

He scored 14 goals last season in League One in an average side. If we assume that Town will aspire to be in the top 6 or thereabouts, he could feasibly get 20 goals.

Whether he can ever step up to Championship level remains a doubt but bare in mind he's been thrown into one of the worst teams at this level ever. We create nothing and he's not had a proper run of games. It's no wonder he hasn't clicked.

If you'd have stuck him in the Leeds, Norwich, Derby, Sheffield United sides then I'm pretty sure he'd have done more than okay.

He works tirelessly, can hold the ball up, can win headers and can finish. He's not a great Championship striker but he looks every bit a great League One striker and we are going to need one to have any chance of bouncing back in the next couple of years.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:13 - Feb 11 with 3356 viewsFrimleyBlue

Still think we should have Harrison, Jackson up top together, every game now for rest of season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:14 - Feb 11 with 3333 viewsrickw

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:13 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Still think we should have Harrison, Jackson up top together, every game now for rest of season.

Might have to start to - all our wingers are injured!!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:15 - Feb 11 with 3338 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:13 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

Jackson I don't see a huge amount there, but certainly he could be a weapon in League One.

He's the sort of player that can be absolutely lethal in a team winning games. As the other side pushes on to get back into the game he can kill them.

The problem we've had is that we are rarely winning games and when we have done Jackson hasn't been involved.

He's certainly got the ability to get 10 goals or so in League One if he gets back to his best.

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:17 - Feb 11 with 3296 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:15 - Feb 11 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Jackson I don't see a huge amount there, but certainly he could be a weapon in League One.

He's the sort of player that can be absolutely lethal in a team winning games. As the other side pushes on to get back into the game he can kill them.

The problem we've had is that we are rarely winning games and when we have done Jackson hasn't been involved.

He's certainly got the ability to get 10 goals or so in League One if he gets back to his best.

Was it yourself who posted that he infact had our highest goalscoring to chances ratio? might have been someone else?

I just think, go back to Scowy and Johnson days. Johnson imo wasn't the best at close control, but he most certainly could run, and certainly could finish. BUT he worked best with Scowy, Harrison is our Scowy imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:19 - Feb 11 with 3284 viewsGuthrum

Might a team going up in the summer (Barnsley, say, or Doncaster) want to recruit him for their squad? Would rather stuff those plans.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:21 - Feb 11 with 3252 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:19 - Feb 11 by Guthrum

Might a team going up in the summer (Barnsley, say, or Doncaster) want to recruit him for their squad? Would rather stuff those plans.

Barnsley will be cash rich after their £4m sale of Kieffer Moore so who knows.

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 15:42 - Feb 11 with 3075 viewsbilllm

Was saying something similar, he has something about him will do ok for us in league one, I have faith in him
Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 15:58 - Feb 11 with 3009 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:19 - Feb 11 by Guthrum

I doubt they would.

Its one thing taking a gamble on a player to step up a league.

Its another thing taking a gamble on someone who failed (so far) to step up.

I don't think we'll see any tempting offers for him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 16:05 - Feb 11 with 2974 viewsgordon

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:21 - Feb 11 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Barnsley will be cash rich after their £4m sale of Kieffer Moore so who knows.

Moore had a really bad injury on Saturday, probable fractured skull.

Edit, just read that he's out from hospital and injury not as bad as feared.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 16:06]
Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 16:06 - Feb 11 with 2960 viewsReuser_is_God

I really really like Ellis Harrison.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 16:24 - Feb 11 with 2886 viewsHerbivore

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 16:06 - Feb 11 by Reuser_is_God

Me too, I think there's a Championship striker in there and he deserves a run of games. Zimmerman got MoM on Sunday because he was given a lot of work to do, most of it by Harrison.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 16:36 - Feb 11 with 2832 viewsstrikalite

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 16:24 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

Me too, I think there's a Championship striker in there and he deserves a run of games. Zimmerman got MoM on Sunday because he was given a lot of work to do, most of it by Harrison.

He was really good yesterday, imagine what a goal or two would do for his confidence too, I'm not sure why he's been so out of favour really....it didn't work with him and Jackson up front but to be fair that was never given a proper go..
Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 16:38 - Feb 11 with 2813 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, good player. Really surprised that he dropped out of the squad for a few games having had a decent little run before Xmas.

Still, will surely get some games now with Sears out injured, be nice to see him get a few more goals before the season ends.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 16:39 - Feb 11 with 2808 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Same. And i agree with this post, he has some potential and i'm sure Lambert will recognise that and play accordingly. He should hopefully get some more minutes now forced by Sears injury.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 18:58 - Feb 11 with 2578 viewsWhymarkmariner

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 16:39 - Feb 11 by JammyDodgerrr

Same. And i agree with this post, he has some potential and i'm sure Lambert will recognise that and play accordingly. He should hopefully get some more minutes now forced by Sears injury.

Agree totally about Harrison. Haven't seen much of Quaner. Apparently played well when he came on at Villa. But one half decent 30 minutes or whatever is not very good for a player that's probably on a decent wedge. As for Keane he holds the ball up reasonably, but looks short of pace.Harrison on the other hand looks lively and I'm surprised he's not been given more chances. Having said that now with Sears out he will most likely get a run. But we could do with a "Fox in the box" a David Johnson, Pablo Counago type player that can turn defenders and get shots away. This is where the scouts earn their money. Whether the player be from abroad or a lower division.
Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 19:16 - Feb 11 with 2501 viewsbournemouthblue

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 14:15 - Feb 11 by WarkTheWarkITFC

again given his obvious pace, he could be a different kettle of fish if Keane is freeing up space and attracting defenders for to run off flick ons etc

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 19:16 - Feb 11 with 2499 viewsBlueBadger

He's certainly the least worst Hurst signing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 19:20 - Feb 11 with 2481 viewsPecker

Harrison and Jackson could be the making of a good partnership. I would play them together for the rest of the season to try and develop a partnership for next season.
Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 19:22 - Feb 11 with 2476 viewsbraveblue

The problem for Harrison and Jackson is that when they have played they are on their own up front with no support. If we had got Defoe it would be the same.
Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 19:50 - Feb 11 with 2405 viewsstrikalite

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 19:22 - Feb 11 by braveblue

The problem for Harrison and Jackson is that when they have played they are on their own up front with no support. If we had got Defoe it would be the same.

Yep that's the problem, Jackson has had pi$$ poor service, he's missed chances yes but hey so has Tammy Abraham for Villa, quite a few, but they create chances, Jackson with service in League One given his pace will score goals, no doubt, but he needs supply, all strikers do..
Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 20:03 - Feb 11 with 2348 viewsTrequartista

You could make the same case for Nsiala, Nolan and Edwards. My suspicion is that their confidence levels have taken knocks this season which means it will be unlikely their League One performances will be straight back to 2017-18 levels.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 21:57 - Feb 11 with 2171 viewsKeaneish

I really like him a a player. Had good movement yesterday, Darren Bent-esq at times although not as quick. Deceptively good i the air too. He should come in for Sears and play off Keane or Quaner in my opinion. Happy enough with the diamond system too if the full backs can up their game a bit and not get skinned alive or allow crosses in the box!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Ellis Harrison - I'm putting it out there on 21:59 - Feb 11 with 2164 viewsBLUEBEAT

Send him a card on Thursday?

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024