Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby 14:18 - Feb 11 with 2162 viewsNo9

If his company gifts UK MP's as is alleged how close are these people to his activities to get the Qatar WC stopped & where would he and his payees have it go
This is as corrupt as the alleged campaing to get it to Qatar in the first place

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/10/lynton-crosby-2022-qatar-world-

What is football coming to?
Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:21 - Feb 11 with 2150 viewsfooters

With his recent electoral performances that £5.5m would go straight down the drain.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:21 - Feb 11 with 2149 viewsWD19

What odds he is being paid £6m by Qatar to pretend there is a £5.5m campaign to discredit them!?
Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:38 - Feb 11 with 2116 viewsWeWereZombies

Thanks for posting - murky world we live in, isn't it?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:41 - Feb 11 with 2108 viewsChampionship

I would love to see them lose the tournament. They should never have got it.
Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:43 - Feb 11 with 2107 viewsfooters

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:41 - Feb 11 by Championship

Don't think they ever had much chance of winning it buh.

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:46 - Feb 11 with 2095 viewsBluesquid

Wow, that is pretty mad, wasn't he a former Tory party strategist?

"As part of the pitch document, named “Project Ball”, Crosby said CTF Partners could set up full-time war rooms around the world to spread negative stories about Qatar in the mainstream media, run fake grassroots campaigns on social media, and lobby potentially friendly politicians, journalists and academics."

Hmmm, makes you think doesn't it?

I wonder if there is a full-time war room for the 'dangerous hero'?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 14:55]
Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:52 - Feb 11 with 2076 viewsNo9

Why should they never have got it?
One of FIFA's objectives is to expand the game to lesser countries (in the football world)
Qatar is improving in the game as you can see by the fact they won the Asia Cup.
Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:54 - Feb 11 with 2066 viewsChampionship

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:52 - Feb 11 by No9

One of FIFA's objectives is to expand the game to lesser countries (in the football world)
Qatar is improving in the game as you can see by the fact they won the Asia Cup.

Because it's unbearably hot when the tournament was scheduled to be held? Because they made false promises about air conditioning and fake clouds etc? Because they've had to move the tournament to the winter to make it playable?

You need any more reasons?
Login to get fewer ads

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:56 - Feb 11 with 2055 viewsWD19

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:52 - Feb 11 by No9

Prime reason for me is that they bid for a summer world cup they can't deliver. If the successful bid had been based on throwing the existing football calendar out of whack then fair enough......but it wasn't.
Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:58 - Feb 11 with 2047 viewsfooters

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:56 - Feb 11 by WD19

Prime reason for me is that they bid for a summer world cup they can't deliver. If the successful bid had been based on throwing the existing football calendar out of whack then fair enough......but it wasn't.

And using essentially slave labour to build the stadia and infrastructure. What lovely chaps.

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 15:04 - Feb 11 with 2030 viewsWD19

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:58 - Feb 11 by footers

And using essentially slave labour to build the stadia and infrastructure. What lovely chaps.

Are they still tracking towards c.4000 deaths in building the infrastructure for the tournament?
Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 15:10 - Feb 11 with 2004 viewsfooters

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 15:04 - Feb 11 by WD19

Are they still tracking towards c.4000 deaths in building the infrastructure for the tournament?

"If we were to hold a minute of silence for every estimated death of a migrant worker due to the constructions of the Qatar World Cup, the first 44 matches of the tournament would be played in silence."

So yeah, about that. It's absolutely shocking. But of course no one will do anything about it.

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 16:00 - Feb 11 with 1948 viewsLord_Lucan

Exactly, and whilst chomping on some flatbreads with soft cheese I read half of it and don't see much wrong with it.

His company was to set up a service to discredit a corrupt regime and get an illegitimate World Cup winning bid overturned.

What am I missing?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 16:02 - Feb 11 with 1937 viewsNo9

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 14:54 - Feb 11 by Championship

Because it's unbearably hot when the tournament was scheduled to be held? Because they made false promises about air conditioning and fake clouds etc? Because they've had to move the tournament to the winter to make it playable?

You need any more reasons?

Doesn't negate the reason for giving them the WC
Do you think the game should only be played in the North European climate?
Africa too get hot
Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 16:09 - Feb 11 with 1922 viewsWeWereZombies

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 16:00 - Feb 11 by Lord_Lucan

Exactly, and whilst chomping on some flatbreads with soft cheese I read half of it and don't see much wrong with it.

His company was to set up a service to discredit a corrupt regime and get an illegitimate World Cup winning bid overturned.

What am I missing?

My first thought on reading the piece was that it sounded quite like the rhetoric that would be directed at a target in a hostile takeover. And a lot of people in business accept that. But between nations (even more or less corrupt ones - remind me where the last World Cup was held now) diplomacy is preferable - well, until war is declared.

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 16:11 - Feb 11 with 1916 viewsNo9

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 16:09 - Feb 11 by WeWereZombies

My first thought on reading the piece was that it sounded quite like the rhetoric that would be directed at a target in a hostile takeover. And a lot of people in business accept that. But between nations (even more or less corrupt ones - remind me where the last World Cup was held now) diplomacy is preferable - well, until war is declared.

How many wanted the last WC to be played other than where it was?
Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 16:22 - Feb 11 with 1895 viewsWeWereZombies

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 16:11 - Feb 11 by No9

How many wanted the last WC to be played other than where it was?

All the same I would not have minded going. It would have been an opportunity to see the World's largest nation (well, some of it) and whatever one thinks of the regime there are plenty of ordinary Russians who have a bone to pick with their leaders too. And a bit easier to talk to them these days than in the Soviet era if the Simon Reeve documentaries on the BBC are reliable. Perhaps even a bit less risky than talking to an ordinary Qatari, cannot really say.

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 16:27 - Feb 11 with 1888 viewsNo9

Word Cup in Qatar - Lynton Crosby on 16:22 - Feb 11 by WeWereZombies

All the same I would not have minded going. It would have been an opportunity to see the World's largest nation (well, some of it) and whatever one thinks of the regime there are plenty of ordinary Russians who have a bone to pick with their leaders too. And a bit easier to talk to them these days than in the Soviet era if the Simon Reeve documentaries on the BBC are reliable. Perhaps even a bit less risky than talking to an ordinary Qatari, cannot really say.

I thought it was a good to have the WC.
Should have happened sooner
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024