Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL’s squad plan 15:13 - Feb 11 with 1484 viewsbontcho

Obviously we’ve still got 15 games where some players can play themselves into or out of next year’s squad. I suspect we’ll also see PL give us some clues, particularly when relegation is confirmed. Here’s the Bulgarian current take....

BART - I suspect he will have to be sold. His wages are a problem and he deserves Championship football.
WRIGHT - Surely has to be second choice next year. Well thought of.
GERKEN - Probably needs to convince PL over his distribution. Out of contract and definitely at risk. Would need to be replaced.

SPENCE - Pretty sure he’s going.
DONACIEN - Pretty clear PL doesn’t fancy him. Out but might need to pay him off.
BREE - one where he’s effectively on trial. Better the devil you know?
EMMANUEL- Similar situation but with PL keen to minimise changes to the squad may be more likely to stay than not.
COTTER - could be given a chance but does seem down the pecking order, loan?

KNUDSEN - clearly leaving. Wages saved.
EDGAR - one where he’s effectively on trial. Better the devil you know?
KENLOCK - Similar situation but with PL keen to minimise changes to the squad may be more likely to stay than not.

NSIALA - contracted and well suited to L1. Will stay.
WOOLFENDEN - really hopeful he’ll be next on the list of youngsters to get a new deal. Definitely a 3rd/4th centre back for next year.
PENNINGTON - going back, probably shouldn’t play much for the rest of the season but fear financially that could cost us if he’s not playing.
CHAMBERS - feel his leadership could be huge. Hopefully he’d be up for it.
COLLINS - the 64 million dollar question but he might well want to look around so PL might have to get someone in. However his very moral dealings with Villa suggest money isn’t his motivation so may be he’d commit early?

CHALOBAH - heading back
ADEYEMI - clearly leaving
HUWS - we are lumbered with him, obviously good player but need to sort him out physically somehow.
BISHOP - obviously staying, thankfully
DOWNES - doubt we’ll get a big enough offer to tempt us.
SKUSE - not been on form since injury but vital cog for us.
NYDAM - a player Hurst really mucked up. Hope to see a few times before May as could be a good option at this level.
DOZZELL - I think PL will sell him. I’m not sure he’s suited to L1 and (say) 3-4 million with a sell on would probably suit all parties.
NOLAN - If Dozzell stays I think Nolan will go, otherwise he’ll stay.
MCGAVIN - The year for him to push on?

WARD - cruel but PL will want his team together, I guess he might train with us to get fit and earn a contract that way but probably released come June.
DAWKINS - presumably going to be released.
ROWE - That’s 3 managers who didn’t see enough. Think he’ll be gone.
SEARS - Despite today’s horrible news will clearly be part of the squad. Hopefully he can be like a new January signing.
JUDGE - Beginning to show what he can do, especially centrally. Keep if we can (has an option but I’ve no idea if strings are attached).
LANKESTER - Hopefully can really break through, will clearly stay.
ROBERTS - I wonder if versatility will keep him here, particular instead of Sears.
EDWARDS - He to me is a bit of an unknown. Probably could offload but could offer us something different, even if off the bench. Not aware of any kids he’d be blocking a path of.

QUANER - Too pricey, will head back.
HARRISON - definitely worth keeping
JACKSON - I think he’ll stay, looks good in a 2 up front.
KEANE - if we can pick up on a free I think he’ll come.
MORRIS - Hopefully back for pres season. Decent 4th choice option.

GERKEN/NEW SIGNING
WRIGHT

BREE
EMMANUEL
KENLOCK
EDGAR
NSIALA
CHAMBERS
WOOLFENDEN
COLLINS/NEW SIGNING

SKUSE
HUWS
BISHOP
DOWNES
NYDAM
NOLAN/DOZZELL
MCGAVIN
NEW SIGNING?

SEARS
LANKESTER
JUDGE
ROBERTS
EDWARDS?

KEANE
HARRISON
JACKSON
MORRIS

SOLD: BART, DOZZELL/NOLAN

NEW SIGNINGS: Keeper? Central defender? Central midfielder?

MIGHT HAVE TO PAY OFF OR LOAN PAYING SOME WAGES: DONACIEN, ROWE

RELEASED: GERKEN?, SPENCE, KNUDSEN, ADEYEMI, WARD, DAWKINS

OUT ON LOAN?: COTTER? FOLAMI? DRINAN?

LEAVING LOANEE: PENNINGTON, CHALOBAH, QUANER

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

PL’s squad plan on 15:17 - Feb 11 with 1452 viewsTractorCam

It's Elder not Edgar. I hope Woolfenden is considered higher for next season but obviously if Collins stays that would be a great learning curve for him even if he had to stay on the bench until called upon.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

PL’s squad plan on 15:22 - Feb 11 with 1427 viewsMrTown

OUT:
Bart
Knudsen
Spence
Bree
Pennington
Elder
Collins
Ward
Adeyemi
Chalobah
Dawkins
Keane
Quaner

Think that would be my personal list of outgoings: Maybe try and offload one of Jackson or Roberts. And I think Donacien will be told he can leave.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

PL’s squad plan on 15:23 - Feb 11 with 1421 viewsbontcho

PL’s squad plan on 15:17 - Feb 11 by TractorCam

It's Elder not Edgar. I hope Woolfenden is considered higher for next season but obviously if Collins stays that would be a great learning curve for him even if he had to stay on the bench until called upon.

Damn fat fingers!

I agree on Woolfenden, almost wondered if we might see him at right back. Collins might block him for a year but if JC is fit and willing we really could do with him.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

PL’s squad plan on 15:38 - Feb 11 with 1373 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

PL’s squad plan on 15:22 - Feb 11 by MrTown

OUT:
Bart
Knudsen
Spence
Bree
Pennington
Elder
Collins
Ward
Adeyemi
Chalobah
Dawkins
Keane
Quaner

Think that would be my personal list of outgoings: Maybe try and offload one of Jackson or Roberts. And I think Donacien will be told he can leave.

I would keep Jackson, he's raw, but has pace to burn. There is potential in there.

I would keep Keane if the wages are sensible.

Cant disagree with the others.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

PL’s squad plan on 15:40 - Feb 11 with 1375 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good summing up.

My main concern is around;

Bishop
Downes
Lankester
Judge

They are four players that I would hate to see leave the club.... but could also see their heads being turned.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

PL’s squad plan on 20:44 - Feb 11 with 1200 viewsRegencyBlue

PL’s squad plan on 15:40 - Feb 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good summing up.

Bishop
Downes
Lankester
Judge

They are four players that I would hate to see leave the club.... but could also see their heads being turned.

They may have their heads turned or Evans might decide to cash in if offers come in for them.

Relegation is going to cost Evans and he will be looking to minimise the amount he has to put in.
PL’s squad plan on 20:48 - Feb 11 with 1173 viewsMrTown

PL’s squad plan on 15:40 - Feb 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good summing up.

Bishop
Downes
Lankester
Judge

Can’t see Lankester, Downes or Bishop leaving.

Judge is a tricky one, he could well stay, but isn’t there a clause that says we can’t trigger the extension if we are in L1?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

PL’s squad plan on 20:51 - Feb 11 with 1160 viewssparks

PL’s squad plan on 15:38 - Feb 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

I would keep Jackson, he's raw, but has pace to burn. There is potential in there.

I would keep Keane if the wages are sensible.

Cant disagree with the others.

Jackson is in his mid twenties. There comes a point where you have to stop forgiving a player for being "raw" and having only potential rather than product.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

PL’s squad plan on 21:13 - Feb 11 with 1127 viewsCoastalblue

PL’s squad plan on 20:51 - Feb 11 by sparks

Jackson is in his mid twenties. There comes a point where you have to stop forgiving a player for being "raw" and having only potential rather than product.

I agree with you, and feel Josh E is heading the same way but not sure Jackson has ever had a chance here. When he was playing he either didn't see the ball or when it came his way he was the only blue shirt in 20 yards.

I think in a side that's competitive in games, maybe even making some chances heaven forbid he could well come good or at least get the chance to do so.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

PL’s squad plan on 21:20 - Feb 11 with 1104 viewsCoco

PL’s squad plan on 20:51 - Feb 11 by sparks

Agree and he doesn’t possess the power Lambert likes in a front man. Wouldn’t be surprised if he hs been touted around clubs already.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024