Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 team... 19:36 - Feb 11 with 1036 viewsMrTown

If we signed no one...
Gerken
Emmanuel / Chambers / Collins / Kenlock
Bishop / Skuse / Downes
Judge
Lankester / Harrison

That's really not a bad team for League 1, relegation is all but finalised, but I think the rebuild is going to be really exciting.

Obviously people such as Collins and Judge may well not be here. But we will also obviously add a few faces, lose a few faces. But as a core that isn't too bad at all.

Also nice that there is 5 academy products in that starting XI.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

League 1 team... on 19:40 - Feb 11 with 1004 viewsSpruceMoose

We don't really have any idea how those players will perform in League One at this point though.

There's reason to be optimistic, as there is certainly talent in that group of players, but we only have to look at our cup performances to remember that we need to temper our expectations. It's a different league, with a different game style than we are used to. Just consider how frequently teams come down from the Premier League, expect to walk it, and take a while to find their feet in the Championship. That could easily be us.

Laughably, considering the state we are in this season, I imagine we'll also be seen as a relatively big scalp in that league, and other teams may up their game accordingly.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 19:41]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

League 1 team... on 19:46 - Feb 11 with 978 viewsMrTown

League 1 team... on 19:40 - Feb 11 by SpruceMoose

We don't really have any idea how those players will perform in League One at this point though.

There's reason to be optimistic, as there is certainly talent in that group of players, but we only have to look at our cup performances to remember that we need to temper our expectations. It's a different league, with a different game style than we are used to. Just consider how frequently teams come down from the Premier League, expect to walk it, and take a while to find their feet in the Championship. That could easily be us.

Laughably, considering the state we are in this season, I imagine we'll also be seen as a relatively big scalp in that league, and other teams may up their game accordingly.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 19:41]

Agree certainly, especially as we haven't been in that division in so long.

Also agree with that change in style of play in that league.

We will be seen as a big scalp I'm sure, but we cannot go into that league and think it will be a stroll and will be easy every week, something I think Stoke have done this year!
But I'm sure Lambert won't allow that to happen, as won't Chambo!

I also think that the 'kids' won't think like that, they'll just want to be out there playing as many games at the best of their ability!
We certainly have a lot of talent in the squad for that division, could be quite an entertaining season with some fun away days.

League 1 team... on 19:48 - Feb 11 with 970 viewsSpruceMoose

League 1 team... on 19:46 - Feb 11 by MrTown

Agree certainly, especially as we haven't been in that division in so long.

Also agree with that change in style of play in that league.

We will be seen as a big scalp I'm sure, but we cannot go into that league and think it will be a stroll and will be easy every week, something I think Stoke have done this year!
But I'm sure Lambert won't allow that to happen, as won't Chambo!

I also think that the 'kids' won't think like that, they'll just want to be out there playing as many games at the best of their ability!
We certainly have a lot of talent in the squad for that division, could be quite an entertaining season with some fun away days.

I'm well and truly resigned to us being relegated now, and can only hope that we are competitive next year in League One. I'd like to see us boss a game for once, to look threatening and actually score. I also hope our younger players are just kicked to shreds week in week out. We will see.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

League 1 team... on 19:53 - Feb 11 with 949 viewsMrTown

League 1 team... on 19:48 - Feb 11 by SpruceMoose

I'm well and truly resigned to us being relegated now, and can only hope that we are competitive next year in League One. I'd like to see us boss a game for once, to look threatening and actually score. I also hope our younger players are just kicked to shreds week in week out. We will see.

I think many of us are!
I'm sure we will be competitive in League 1, the more that Lambert can get his stamp on things the more we will benefit in the long run.

I hope we get a few early wins next season, and like you said, I'd love to boss a game, actually see a team back off us for once.

I'm sure there will be times our youngsters will be kicked, especially the likes of Dozzell, Bishop and Lankester, and I'd imagine Downes will do some kicking of his own, I guess it will help their development int he long run.

League 1 team... on 19:55 - Feb 11 with 941 viewsSpruceMoose

League 1 team... on 19:53 - Feb 11 by MrTown

I think many of us are!
I'm sure we will be competitive in League 1, the more that Lambert can get his stamp on things the more we will benefit in the long run.

I hope we get a few early wins next season, and like you said, I'd love to boss a game, actually see a team back off us for once.

I'm sure there will be times our youngsters will be kicked, especially the likes of Dozzell, Bishop and Lankester, and I'd imagine Downes will do some kicking of his own, I guess it will help their development int he long run.

Maybe Colchester will get promoted and we'll get a different flavour local rivalry match to look forward to.

League 1 team... on 19:58 - Feb 11 with 928 viewsMrTown

League 1 team... on 19:55 - Feb 11 by SpruceMoose

Maybe Colchester will get promoted and we'll get a different flavour local rivalry match to look forward to.

Certainly looks like it, can't stop winning at the moment!

League 1 team... on 19:59 - Feb 11 with 921 viewsSpruceMoose

League 1 team... on 19:58 - Feb 11 by MrTown

Certainly looks like it, can't stop winning at the moment!

Are you still having a feud with someone on here? I picked a side and can't remember which.

League 1 team... on 20:13 - Feb 11 with 873 viewsPecker

Chambers, Skuse and Collins won't be here. We will need some bite at the back and in midfield. It is unknown territory for most of us, so guessing the best way to approach it. I would buy a couple of roughens who have been about the block a few times and add a few youngsters with a point to prove. The most important thing for me at the moment is to play only players we are keeping for next season and get the system embedded within the squad so we are ready and hit the new challenge running.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024