Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? 20:09 - Feb 11 with 1770 viewsSpruceMoose

If your child has an allergy so severe that yoghurt power in a 0.1% ratio can cause near death... would you get your kid a takeaway from some minimum wage takeaway in Center Parcs? Seems unnecessarily risky.

On the other hand, if you go to lengths to highlight this to the food outlet and they assure you everything is ok with your order, then maybe it's a reasonable expectation to be able to trust what they say?

For this moose, the truth might be somewhere in between.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/holbrook-girl-in-serious-food-allergy-reactio

Edit - In other news, can someone near the Archant offices nip over and show them how to rotate a goddamn image?!

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/tina-young-crown-street-ipswich-suffolk-car-p
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 20:10]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 20:43 - Feb 11 with 1717 viewsChampionship

Seems quite interesting that they only want assurances that it won't happen again. They don't seem to be demanding additional compensation.
What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:02 - Feb 11 with 1680 viewsjeera

Certainly lessons to be learned all round.

Yoghurt is a known [usual] ingredient in naan and although they wouldn't be expected to know that, they must be familiar with much bread stuff having dairy of some sort. It's not something I'd risk but there you go, and staff at a place like that cannot be expected to fully comprehend every allergy that walks through the door.

Personally I would not advise anyone they were 100% safe under any circumstances if I were a restaurateur.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 21:05]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:04 - Feb 11 with 1673 viewsLord_Lucan

I would only cook her home prepared food.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 21:15]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 21:07 - Feb 11 with 1659 views_

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:04 - Feb 11 by Lord_Lucan

I would only cook her home prepared food.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 21:15]

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:08 - Feb 11 with 1655 viewsWeWereZombies

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:02 - Feb 11 by jeera

Certainly lessons to be learned all round.

Yoghurt is a known [usual] ingredient in naan and although they wouldn't be expected to know that, they must be familiar with much bread stuff having dairy of some sort. It's not something I'd risk but there you go, and staff at a place like that cannot be expected to fully comprehend every allergy that walks through the door.

Personally I would not advise anyone they were 100% safe under any circumstances if I were a restaurateur.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 21:05]

But Centre Parks (I know they spell it differently) are a large corporation and have the resources to at least put a chart up with the ingredients of the products on sale, like many smaller operations manage to do. Although the outlet is probably outsourced and they would hide behind that.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:09 - Feb 11 with 1655 viewscaught-in-limbo

Take a 5yo to an Indian restaurant as a treat?

On top of that, the child already has an allergy problem. Who's to say she hasn't got other allergy problems. I know, let's give her a meal which is likely to contain a host of ingredients she's probably never had before and find out for sure.

If we have to live in a world where every single trace element is listed in the ingredients, food will end up being very boring.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:16 - Feb 11 with 1627 viewsLord_Lucan

on 21:07 - Feb 11 by _

Same as the unfortunate girl who ate a Pret and died on the plane.

Madness to take that risk.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:21 - Feb 11 with 1608 viewscaught-in-limbo

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:08 - Feb 11 by WeWereZombies

But Centre Parks (I know they spell it differently) are a large corporation and have the resources to at least put a chart up with the ingredients of the products on sale, like many smaller operations manage to do. Although the outlet is probably outsourced and they would hide behind that.

* may contain traces of nuts
* may contain traces of dairy products
* may contain traces of egg
* may contain traces of gluten
* may contain traces of meat
* may contain traces of peanuts
* may contain traces of soy
* may contain traces of real food

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:24 - Feb 11 with 1593 viewsfooters

Not posh enough to go to Center Parcs or have a kid with food intolerances.

#JustTellingItLikeItIs

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:25 - Feb 11 with 1588 viewsjeera

Yes on pre-prepared foodstuff, but not freshly made from a comprehensive menu.

I mean to say, there's going to be traces of a zillion things in there or at least the chance of cross-contamination.

Dunno. I don't want to criticise the parents but they have to take some responsibility for the safety of their own child.

Having a word with a server and one of the kitchen staff isn't good enough given the potential severity.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:27 - Feb 11 with 1582 viewsWD19

We are taking the first baby steps in reversing evolution.
What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:29 - Feb 11 with 1575 viewsfooters

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:21 - Feb 11 by caught-in-limbo

* may contain traces of nuts
* may contain traces of dairy products
* may contain traces of egg
* may contain traces of gluten
* may contain traces of meat
* may contain traces of peanuts
* may contain traces of soy
* may contain traces of real food

*may contain traces of abdicating personal responsibility for one's child

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:31 - Feb 11 with 1570 viewscaught-in-limbo

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:27 - Feb 11 by WD19

We are taking the first baby steps in reversing evolution.

This is reverse evolution with a very late teenage "it's not my fault / I know my rights" attitude.

#toxic

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:36 - Feb 11 with 1552 viewscaught-in-limbo

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:29 - Feb 11 by footers

*may contain traces of abdicating personal responsibility for one's child

Traces? Are you sure?

Looks like a full RWO* of personal responsibility abdication.

Recommended weekly output.

#toxic

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:37 - Feb 11 with 1543 viewsGlasgowBlue

They franchise out their food outlets to companies such as a Cafe Rouge.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:38 - Feb 11 with 1546 viewsfooters

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:36 - Feb 11 by caught-in-limbo

Traces? Are you sure?

Looks like a full RWO* of personal responsibility abdication.

Recommended weekly output.

If it were my five-year-old daughter I'd have gone on holiday without her and left her with her Naan.

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:44 - Feb 11 with 1519 viewscaught-in-limbo

What's the TWTD hive mind take on this? on 21:38 - Feb 11 by footers

If it were my five-year-old daughter I'd have gone on holiday without her and left her with her Naan.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024