Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I thought we could not sign trade deals until after we had left the EU 08:26 - Feb 12 with 574 viewspickles110564

The trade secretary seemed to be a bit over excited with a trade deal agreed with Switzerland, could someone enlighten me as to what we could possibly have to trade with them?
I thought we could not sign trade deals until after we had left the EU on 08:38 - Feb 12 with 550 viewsWeekender

Not like you to be unenlightened about Brexit: Financial services.

This is the same trade secretary who said in 2017 that there would be numerous trade deals we could have ready to sign the day after we leave. So far we have 4.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

I thought we could not sign trade deals until after we had left the EU on 09:04 - Feb 12 with 502 viewshampstead_blue

They can be signed but not implemented.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I thought we could not sign trade deals until after we had left the EU on 09:22 - Feb 12 with 478 viewsDavidDymondSuperfan

I thought we could not sign trade deals until after we had left the EU on 08:38 - Feb 12 by Weekender

This is the same trade secretary who said in 2017 that there would be numerous trade deals we could have ready to sign the day after we leave. So far we have 4.

On the bright side, 4 is better than only having 3 or less.

Anyway, who needs trade deals when we have blue passports?
I thought we could not sign trade deals until after we had left the EU on 09:25 - Feb 12 with 470 viewsfooters

I thought we could not sign trade deals until after we had left the EU on 09:22 - Feb 12 by DavidDymondSuperfan

On the bright side, 4 is better than only having 3 or less.

Anyway, who needs trade deals when we have blue passports?

One being a lucrative contract with the Faroe islands no less!

Rule Britannia!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I thought we could not sign trade deals until after we had left the EU on 09:41 - Feb 12 with 442 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I thought we could not sign trade deals until after we had left the EU on 08:38 - Feb 12 by Weekender

You mis spelled tax avoidance packages.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I thought we could not sign trade deals until after we had left the EU on 09:44 - Feb 12 with 437 viewsMalcolmBlue

We now have 1/10 of what he originally promised, also I'm not sure if financial services are even covered by trade deals.

The biggest joke of this latest deal with Switzerland is that we have just agreed to maintain the pre-existing EU trade deal with them. What's the point of leaving the EU if our International Trade secretary is negotiating what we would already have as an EU Member State, what's the added benefit of leaving? If we remained a Member State or even if we stayed as part of the customs union we'd have this trade deal plus trade deals with 60 other countries. All he's concerned about is his cabinet position as he'd be out of a job.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024