Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambo interview 09:04 - Feb 12 with 2366 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The guy is clearly hurting

https://www.eadt.co.uk/home

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Chambo interview on 11:20 - Feb 12 with 394 viewsLeagueOne

Chambo interview on 09:09 - Feb 12 by Kieran_Knows

Makes my p*ss boil when people knock Chambers. An absolute credit to this football club and hopefully Evans sorts him out a new contract ASAP, massively need him next season.

What's wrong with criticising Chambers performances though? Over the last three seasons, his form hasn't been great and he's cost us games. I also will highlight earlier this season when it has been alleged that he led the resistance to change being implemented by the manager, purely off the back of the fact Hurst had made it clear Chambers and co were not performing right from the pre-season into the start and whatever you feel about Paul Hurst - he wasn't wrong on that aspect. You can't be involved with unsettling the squad like that and then say you're sad when the worse happens, the senior players are as responsible as Hurst for that. The only one of them that has walked away with any credibility this season is Sears who took his chances under both managers and played well when asked.

A fist pump and a heartfelt interview alone isn't a good enough reason to keep him here after this season. He says he's going to be the captain that took us down, now while I wouldn't lay the blame on him purely as to my mind it's the owner's disastrous policies and complete lack of leadership that have taken us down, he's also not been good enough for us in terms of playing form for 3 years at least. He's now in his 30's, has been here since 2012 - what has he done playing wise to keep us here - considering he's been naff against third-tier teams in cup games, whats to suggest he's going to be any better next season let alone lead us back up?

I don't dislike Chambers, he has done his bit over the years but there's no reason why he's above question based on his performances and to shout down anyone who says otherwise is wrong. We need to think with our heads and not our hearts - he's never been a world beater for us has he, even in the 2013-15 period where he was at his best he was still not the best player on the pitch even if his work rate was, however from 2015 onwards he's just not been that good and he only remained here because after we were ready to ship him off to Nottingham Forrest, when we couldn't find anyone else on our budget to replace him, he stayed put. He's not John Wark is he.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Chambo interview on 11:28 - Feb 12 with 370 viewsSteve_M

Chambo interview on 09:46 - Feb 12 by blueislander

I half agree with you. I see his worth to the club as a leader of the squad, but results show that he is not irreplaceable in the team . If we are able to have him next year, I see a centre back duo of Chabolah and Woolfenden as the answer, given the way in which Lambert wants the team to play.

Wolfenden has played three first team games for Ipswich; he was impressive and seems to have done well at Swindon. The idea he is better than Chambers at this point in time is laughable though.

Your bias against McCarthy's players is shining through again.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chambo interview on 11:31 - Feb 12 with 360 viewsHerbivore

Chambo interview on 11:20 - Feb 12 by LeagueOne

What's wrong with criticising Chambers performances though? Over the last three seasons, his form hasn't been great and he's cost us games. I also will highlight earlier this season when it has been alleged that he led the resistance to change being implemented by the manager, purely off the back of the fact Hurst had made it clear Chambers and co were not performing right from the pre-season into the start and whatever you feel about Paul Hurst - he wasn't wrong on that aspect. You can't be involved with unsettling the squad like that and then say you're sad when the worse happens, the senior players are as responsible as Hurst for that. The only one of them that has walked away with any credibility this season is Sears who took his chances under both managers and played well when asked.

A fist pump and a heartfelt interview alone isn't a good enough reason to keep him here after this season. He says he's going to be the captain that took us down, now while I wouldn't lay the blame on him purely as to my mind it's the owner's disastrous policies and complete lack of leadership that have taken us down, he's also not been good enough for us in terms of playing form for 3 years at least. He's now in his 30's, has been here since 2012 - what has he done playing wise to keep us here - considering he's been naff against third-tier teams in cup games, whats to suggest he's going to be any better next season let alone lead us back up?

I don't dislike Chambers, he has done his bit over the years but there's no reason why he's above question based on his performances and to shout down anyone who says otherwise is wrong. We need to think with our heads and not our hearts - he's never been a world beater for us has he, even in the 2013-15 period where he was at his best he was still not the best player on the pitch even if his work rate was, however from 2015 onwards he's just not been that good and he only remained here because after we were ready to ship him off to Nottingham Forrest, when we couldn't find anyone else on our budget to replace him, he stayed put. He's not John Wark is he.

SUQ.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chambo interview on 11:32 - Feb 12 with 355 viewsHerbivore

Chambo interview on 11:28 - Feb 12 by Steve_M

Wolfenden has played three first team games for Ipswich; he was impressive and seems to have done well at Swindon. The idea he is better than Chambers at this point in time is laughable though.

Your bias against McCarthy's players is shining through again.

The idea that Chalobah will be back here and that we should pair two teenagers together in League 1 is somewhat 'interesting'.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024