Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for rest of the season - place for loanees? 15:52 - Feb 12 with 817 viewsMartus

Is there any point still using loanees for the rest of the season now? I don't want us to appear to have given up - but shouldn't we now focus on the squad that will be here next season to try and create some cohesion for the next campaign. I just cant believe the loanees have given performances to show they are better or more deserving of a place in the team.

I know we have paid for them and ME would want to see his money well spent, rather than wasting in the stands - but I just don't see the point in playing Chalobah when we have Downes, Dozzell and Bishop on the bench who are more likely to be with us next season.

Seeing Harrison come on against Norwich showed us what he can do - sure it wasn't an outstanding performance - but he outshone Keane and showed us something more and thought we looked better when he came on instead of Sears. But I think the loanees just aren't making us better and focus should be on the future than the short term fixes that haven't worked.

So my team for the rest of the season would look like:

Bart

Emanuel Chambo Nsiala Kenlock/Knudsen

Skuse/Downes Bishop

Edwards Judge/Dozzell Jackson

Harrison

"Bobby conquered Europe!!! And we won the FA cuuuuup!"

Team for rest of the season - place for loanees? on 15:55 - Feb 12 with 807 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wouldn't count Keane as a loanee.

His contract is up at the end of the season, and he could join us on a free if he fancied it.

I think we should still pick the team on merit. If the inclusion of a loan player gives us a better chance of winning, then they should be picked.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Team for rest of the season - place for loanees? on 15:56 - Feb 12 with 805 viewsWeekender

Given their contracts are expiring I see the remainder of the season as an extended trial for Elder, Collins, Judge and Keane so I'd still have them involved. Chalobah and particularly Quaner im not so sure.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Team for rest of the season - place for loanees? on 15:57 - Feb 12 with 791 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Team for rest of the season - place for loanees? on 15:56 - Feb 12 by Weekender

Given their contracts are expiring I see the remainder of the season as an extended trial for Elder, Collins, Judge and Keane so I'd still have them involved. Chalobah and particularly Quaner im not so sure.

Chalobah had a good game at the weekend and offers something.

Not so sure about Quaner.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Team for rest of the season - place for loanees? on 15:58 - Feb 12 with 789 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

At this point in time yes - I don’t personally hold out any hope on staying up but the reality is there are 3 other poor teams and just about enough winnable games for it to be possible. Until that last ember has died we should field our strongest side possible in every game - whether that includes 5 loanees or none

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Team for rest of the season - place for loanees? on 15:59 - Feb 12 with 787 viewsBluebell

Yes, we carry on playing our 'best' team until if/and when it is mathmatically impossible to stay in the Championship.

We are paying for them to be with Town and can't send them back so we might as well get our money's worth.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 16:08]
Team for rest of the season - place for loanees? on 16:01 - Feb 12 with 778 viewsMartus

Team for rest of the season - place for loanees? on 15:57 - Feb 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Chalobah had a good game at the weekend and offers something.

Not so sure about Quaner.

Chalobah probably had him best game for us on Sunday - but considering it means Downes, Dozzzell or Bishop don't start in his place - I'd rather see one of our own players given the game time.

Keane is probably the exception, but still hasn't been a massive improvement and would happily let him and Harrison battle it out for the striker postion. But the loanee full backs aren't any better either.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 16:02]

"Bobby conquered Europe!!! And we won the FA cuuuuup!"

Team for rest of the season - place for loanees? on 16:04 - Feb 12 with 759 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Team for rest of the season - place for loanees? on 16:01 - Feb 12 by Martus

Chalobah probably had him best game for us on Sunday - but considering it means Downes, Dozzzell or Bishop don't start in his place - I'd rather see one of our own players given the game time.

Keane is probably the exception, but still hasn't been a massive improvement and would happily let him and Harrison battle it out for the striker postion. But the loanee full backs aren't any better either.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 16:02]

Disagree, if they are going to make it as players, they need to be in the team on merit.

There is nothing to suggest that Dozzell should be in the first team, and I very much suspect that the only reason Bishop is not starting is because he is still being eased back so as not to trigger another injury.

All players need to be in the team on merit. If they cant get into this team, they should probably rethink their choice of career.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024