Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How safe will Lamberts job really be? 16:54 - Feb 12 with 1053 viewsdeano85

So, dont get me wrong, i think he is great, just what this club needs and making all the right noises off the field...
But on it he is still not getting the results...
Yes, he maybe inherited a poor teamsheet, but he has had a few months now, and a transfer window, to turn things around. But it just hasnt happened.
Again, im fully behind him and hope he is here long term, but ME must be wondering if we would be any worse off if we still has PH in control? Im sure i read somewhere he has a lower win% than PH.
As things stand i would guarantee he is safe, and he has said he wants to stay... but if we went the rest of the season without a win... would Evens get itchy fingers??
He cant be faulted for what he has done off the field but..
Just looking for opinions really
How safe will Lamberts job really be? on 16:55 - Feb 12 with 1042 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Evans understands the need for long-term stability. It would take some kind of tragic fallout for Lambert to go now.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

How safe will Lamberts job really be? on 17:05 - Feb 12 with 994 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He's 100% safe.

If he goes 15 matches without a win? Lets worry about things if they happen.

Losing 80% of last seasons league goals and our best defender does not get fixed in a January window.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

How safe will Lamberts job really be? on 17:13 - Feb 12 with 961 viewsChampionship

100% safe.

Anyone who can't understand the unique context of the situation Lambert is in really aren't ever going to get it.

Lambert is like a golfer using Hurst's clubs. Hurst sold off his drivers and bought a multipack of wooden spoons.
How safe will Lamberts job really be? on 17:19 - Feb 12 with 932 viewsSteve_M

Given what he inherited, and that Evans needs the club to be either in the second division or at least stable in order to have a chance of selling it, very safe.

Lambert has probably got a few things wrong with team selection - not being more attritional early on, not playing an in-form Harrison more over the last month and the left back situation over the past month - but to blame him for where we are would be ridiculous in the same way that blaming Burley for relegation in 1995 - he also made a few mistakes - would be.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

How safe will Lamberts job really be? on 17:42 - Feb 12 with 857 viewsKeaneish

Entirely safe this season. Next season he'll be under pressure to get off to a good start. However, Evans should give him some leeway and not jump too soo if its a slightly slow start for a few games. The fallout and hangover from relegation isn't going to be easy to shake of given how many games we're losing.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How safe will Lamberts job really be? on 17:44 - Feb 12 with 842 viewsIllinoisblue

How safe will Lamberts job really be? on 17:13 - Feb 12 by Championship

100% safe.

Anyone who can't understand the unique context of the situation Lambert is in really aren't ever going to get it.

Lambert is like a golfer using Hurst's clubs. Hurst sold off his drivers and bought a multipack of wooden spoons.

this.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024