Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - APRIL 2023 09:55 - Feb 13 with 89980 viewschicoazul

What's your personal highlight of the Banter Era?
For me, the way Delaney told Jewell he was off to live in New York and needed to be let go, and then turned up at Palace a month or so later and enjoyed a promotion and a long career in the top flight.
I also like very much the fact Jewell signed Ingimarsson (sp) simply because they were at the same resort on holiday at the same time and Ingi did of course turn out to be an absolute knacker of a player.
Also the gangsters arriving at Playford Rd looking for Chopra.
What are yours?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 9:47]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:15 - Feb 15 with 7477 viewsKieran_Knows

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:13 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

I'm pretty sure he said that was nonsense.

Surely going to get a new deal regardless of the outcome this season?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:15 - Feb 15 with 7477 viewsfooters

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 08:20 - Feb 15 by chicoazul

The Jewell chapter of my book is currently called "Paul & the age of Byron Lawrence is like Jack Wilshere"

Please do write the book. I would love to own a copy, as I'm sure many of us would.

Alternatively, can we print out several versions of each incident to display when we're relegated v Leeds?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:18 - Feb 15 with 7470 viewschicoazul

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:15 - Feb 15 by footers

Please do write the book. I would love to own a copy, as I'm sure many of us would.

Alternatively, can we print out several versions of each incident to display when we're relegated v Leeds?

Prologue
Chapter 1; Jim & the age of innocence
Chapter 2; Roy & the age of forearm admiration
Chapter 3; Paul & the age of Byron Lawrence is like Jack Wilshere
Chapter 4; Mick & the age of austere dull competence
Chapter 5; Mini Roy & the age of asking for photos of the players in their pants
Chapter 6; Paul & the age of...
Epilogue

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:26 - Feb 15 with 7451 viewsPhilTWTD

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:15 - Feb 15 by Kieran_Knows

Surely going to get a new deal regardless of the outcome this season?

I assume so, need some experience there regardless of the long-term plans to base things around the youngsters. Think LC would relish the chance to lead the club back into the Championship.
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:30 - Feb 15 with 7426 viewsfooters

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:18 - Feb 15 by chicoazul

Prologue
Chapter 5; Mini Roy & the age of asking for photos of the players in their pants
Epilogue

I've just looked up Lawrence's wiki. Ha. He is like Wilshere in so much as he is male.

Will put in my pre-order now.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:31 - Feb 15 with 7427 viewsKieran_Knows

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:26 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

I assume so, need some experience there regardless of the long-term plans to base things around the youngsters. Think LC would relish the chance to lead the club back into the Championship.

Think I read in one of his interviews after the game last Sunday that there had already been discussions between himself, PL and ME, so hopefully that gets sorted ASAP.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:44 - Feb 15 with 7394 viewschicoazul

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:30 - Feb 15 by footers

I've just looked up Lawrence's wiki. Ha. He is like Wilshere in so much as he is male.

Will put in my pre-order now.

TYB, available from all good bookshops and some bad ones.

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:51 - Feb 15 with 7376 viewsChampionship

The petition to sign Jaime Peters. Slightly outside of the Banter Era but he was here until 2012 with interesting results. I think we may have ruined his life when Man U and Chelsea allegedly wanted him.
Login to get fewer ads

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:47 - Feb 15 with 7322 viewsSuperblue95

Jason Scotland being incapable of kicking a football at less than a million miles per hour.

Wasn’t there a pre season game at Cambridge where he smacked a shot against the post from 6 yards out and the ball landed not far from the halfway line?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:48 - Feb 15 with 7310 viewsRobTheMonk

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 12:47 - Feb 15 by Superblue95

Jason Scotland being incapable of kicking a football at less than a million miles per hour.

Wasn’t there a pre season game at Cambridge where he smacked a shot against the post from 6 yards out and the ball landed not far from the halfway line?

Actually laughing at this one haha!
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:03 - Feb 15 with 7296 viewsEwan_Oozami

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:18 - Feb 15 by chicoazul

Prologue
Epilogue

Aquarius..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:08 - Feb 15 with 7294 views44_not_out

How about Chopra being approached by the heavy mob for gambling debts, as he was crossing Playford Road to go to the training pitch
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:13 - Feb 15 with 7286 viewsnorth_stand77

Nobody's mentioned the Half Time Dance group, can't remember their name!

Felt a bit sorry for them as they did their best but...........they were pretty rubbish
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:24 - Feb 15 with 7261 viewsBluespeed225

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:13 - Feb 15 by north_stand77

Nobody's mentioned the Half Time Dance group, can't remember their name!

Felt a bit sorry for them as they did their best but...........they were pretty rubbish

The 'Silent Night' routine!!
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:25 - Feb 15 with 7257 viewsBluespeed225

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:08 - Feb 15 by 44_not_out

How about Chopra being approached by the heavy mob for gambling debts, as he was crossing Playford Road to go to the training pitch

Didn't he he hide behind a large pile of snow?
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:36 - Feb 15 with 7243 viewsSuperblue95

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:25 - Feb 15 by Bluespeed225

Didn't he he hide behind a large pile of snow?

I thought he tried to set them on Cresswell. Absolute scumbag

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:54 - Feb 15 with 7230 viewsbluewein

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:36 - Feb 15 by Superblue95

The incident, which was widely reported at the time, occurred early in the 2011/12 season and triggered the former Cardiff striker’s spell at the Sporting Chance Clinic.

“Michael Chopra was a serious gambler. So serious he owed a bunch of gangsters about £150,000,” writes Bullard, 35, who hung up his boots early in the 2012/13 season while playing for the MK Dons.

“One morning, this shifty-looking character came to training. He looked a right handy b******.

“The gaffer [Paul Jewell] called security, who moved the gangster on, but he waited across the road.

“After training, I was standing behind Chops when this bloke reappeared, grabbed Chopra by the neck and said: ‘Are you Chopra?’

“Quick as a flash, Chops replied: ‘No, it ain’t f****** me, mate, it’s him over there,’ and pointed to our left-back, Aaron Cresswell.

“‘It is you, you cheeky b******,’ said the gangster, tightening his grip. ‘Get my money back.’

“‘OK, I’ll get it,’ said Chops. The club gave him a huge loan to pay off his debts, on the condition he went into therapy for his gambling.”

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:02 - Feb 15 with 7211 viewsitfcjoe

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 10:26 - Feb 15 by PhilTWTD

We must be due Ipswich Town:The Inside Story, Part 2 by now Phil.

The last one was left on such a high, the preceeding 18 years culminating in relegation to the 3rd tier would be a great read.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:07 - Feb 15 with 7200 viewsPJH

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:02 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

We must be due Ipswich Town:The Inside Story, Part 2 by now Phil.

The last one was left on such a high, the preceeding 18 years culminating in relegation to the 3rd tier would be a great read.

You have got his book too have you?

That must be at least three that were sold then because I remember somebody (can't remember who)saying they had a copy in their mum's attic or somewhere ages ago.

Apparently Ipswich born Philip Ham has been watching Town since 1979.
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:09 - Feb 15 with 7201 viewsSteve_M

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:54 - Feb 15 by bluewein

The incident, which was widely reported at the time, occurred early in the 2011/12 season and triggered the former Cardiff striker’s spell at the Sporting Chance Clinic.

“Michael Chopra was a serious gambler. So serious he owed a bunch of gangsters about £150,000,” writes Bullard, 35, who hung up his boots early in the 2012/13 season while playing for the MK Dons.

“One morning, this shifty-looking character came to training. He looked a right handy b******.

“The gaffer [Paul Jewell] called security, who moved the gangster on, but he waited across the road.

“After training, I was standing behind Chops when this bloke reappeared, grabbed Chopra by the neck and said: ‘Are you Chopra?’

“Quick as a flash, Chops replied: ‘No, it ain’t f****** me, mate, it’s him over there,’ and pointed to our left-back, Aaron Cresswell.

“‘It is you, you cheeky b******,’ said the gangster, tightening his grip. ‘Get my money back.’

“‘OK, I’ll get it,’ said Chops. The club gave him a huge loan to pay off his debts, on the condition he went into therapy for his gambling.”

“The gaffer [Paul Jewell] called security, who moved the gangster on, but he waited across the road. "

That makes a change from signing shady characters.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:10 - Feb 15 with 7203 viewsSteve_M

Also, when Tyrone Mings quietly gave a couple of tickets to a fan it was the most positive news story about the club in years.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:13 - Feb 15 with 7184 viewschicoazul

Boyos was the claim to be the "World's first carbon neutral football club" Banter Era..?

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:49 - Feb 15 with 7151 viewsBluespeed225

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 13:36 - Feb 15 by Superblue95

If he hadn't had an amount of football talent he would be inside or dead by now. Watch this space...
BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 14:53 - Feb 15 with 7139 viewsSamWhiteUK

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 09:59 - Feb 15 by bluewein

Always one who has to derail a perfectly good thread...

BANTER ERA NOV 2007 - DATE on 17:24 - Feb 15 with 7045 viewsnorth_stand77

Balint Bajner.

No Bajner- No Party

They were right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024