Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best performance for a while 21:49 - Feb 13 with 5156 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Certainly in the Lambert's era.

What a gripping night ! Don't remember the last time I couldn't take my eyes off the Town game.

Midfield full of energy and endeavour.

If only this club had invested money to sign the Championship quality strikers we would have won it. They have failed to do so therefore we are getting punished by the relegation.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 21:56]
Best performance for a while on 21:51 - Feb 13 with 5078 viewsBenters2

Never mind Mach.

It was a very enjoyable watch.
Best performance for a while on 21:54 - Feb 13 with 5016 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best performance for a while on 21:51 - Feb 13 by Benters2

Never mind Mach.

It was a very enjoyable watch.

It was indeed. Starved of matches like that.
Best performance for a while on 21:57 - Feb 13 with 4970 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yep, that’s what an actual good performance looks like. Real shame we couldn’t get the win tonight that we deserved

Credit to Lambert too for going with two up top which made us so much more threatening,not to mention changing the game with the sub. Desperately need to build on this Saturday

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Best performance for a while on 21:59 - Feb 13 with 4926 viewsBluesquid

Best performance for a while on 21:54 - Feb 13 by Mach_foreignBlue

Quite happy with mid-table obscurity with matches like that.

Don't mind losing when we play with that effort, energy, fight and spirit.
Best performance for a while on 21:59 - Feb 13 with 4908 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best performance for a while on 21:57 - Feb 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yep, that’s what an actual good performance looks like. Real shame we couldn’t get the win tonight that we deserved

Credit to Lambert too for going with two up top which made us so much more threatening,not to mention changing the game with the sub. Desperately need to build on this Saturday

Lack of investment time and time again that hits us so cruelly.
Best performance for a while on 22:00 - Feb 13 with 4899 viewsnshearman1

Two up top, yes please. Also, Chalobah, Nolan, Bishop/Dozzell feels like a more balanced midfield. Great shame about the Reading result.
Best performance for a while on 22:04 - Feb 13 with 4793 viewsartsbossbeard

Keep smiling, Mach.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Best performance for a while on 22:07 - Feb 13 with 4747 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Best performance for a while on 22:04 - Feb 13 by artsbossbeard

Keep smiling, Mach.

The smile is for the people like you. I'm upset by the club's predicament but the club deserves relegation for the way it's been run for years.
Login to get fewer ads

Best performance for a while on 22:08 - Feb 13 with 4712 viewsartsbossbeard

Best performance for a while on 22:07 - Feb 13 by Mach_foreignBlue

The smile is for the people like you. I'm upset by the club's predicament but the club deserves relegation for the way it's been run for years.

Gotcha. Whatever gets your through, man.

Whatever gets you through.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Best performance for a while on 22:13 - Feb 13 with 4647 viewspointofblue

We're down - the key is to haver glimmers or more of hope for next season, to show we're on the right track. Tonight showed promise and I actually really enjoyed the game; more of the same will hopefully follow.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Best performance for a while on 22:24 - Feb 13 with 4533 viewsPinewoodblue

Just the sort of performance Evans was looking for in the post MM era . You could argue selection was forced by the non availability of Chambers and Skuse lets hope PL sticks to the same 18 if they are all available.

In a way it reminded me of a John Lyall team performance. One swallow doesn't make it summer but it is a start.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Best performance for a while on 22:27 - Feb 13 with 4494 viewsBluesquid

Best performance for a while on 22:13 - Feb 13 by pointofblue

We're down - the key is to haver glimmers or more of hope for next season, to show we're on the right track. Tonight showed promise and I actually really enjoyed the game; more of the same will hopefully follow.

It's taken a while but there does seem to be a reponse now to Lambert and like you say that is our glimmer of hope.

To bring back heart and spirit to our team will see us well for the future and it will serve as a foundation to work from.
Best performance for a while on 22:54 - Feb 13 with 4347 viewseddiespearitt03

Paul Lambert has hopefully realised the team needed changing round. The club can now take the shackles off some of the young players and blend them into the team.
Best performance for a while on 23:09 - Feb 13 with 4269 views3_5_2

Spot on

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Best performance for a while on 06:14 - Feb 14 with 4067 viewsBenters2

Best performance for a while on 21:54 - Feb 13 by Mach_foreignBlue

Yeah mate i remember trudging out of QPR with you,the game were dear old Mick finally decided to go for it on the 83rd minute.

Living the dream.
Best performance for a while on 06:15 - Feb 14 with 4066 viewsBenters2

Best performance for a while on 22:07 - Feb 13 by Mach_foreignBlue

Bless him don’t bite mate.
Best performance for a while on 09:15 - Feb 14 with 3938 viewsRadlett_blue

While we certainly didn't deserve to lose, on balance i think 1-1 was about right. We looked the more likely team to score after we equalised, but don't forget Derby came right back into it in the last 10 minutes & could easily have scored an irritating winner.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Best performance for a while on 09:24 - Feb 14 with 3896 viewschristiand

Best performance for a while on 21:59 - Feb 13 by Bluesquid

Quite happy with mid-table obscurity with matches like that.

Don't mind losing when we play with that effort, energy, fight and spirit.

I was thinking exactly the same Bluesquid. At least go down fighting, rather than with a whimper. That performance and the one in spells against Norwich on Sunday has given me a rejuvenated optimism. I hope this becomes the norm rather than the exception in our last 14 games.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 10:18]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024