Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just some ramblings from watching the game last night 07:07 - Feb 14 with 609 viewsSamWhiteUK

Chalobah - very good. At times this year I've thought he looked more donkey than footballer but he definitely seems to be finding his feet.

Bree - annoyed me at the start of the game with some aimless looping balls in to the box, and I was frustrated as to why we were playing him instead of our own player such as Emmanuel. However his support was much better as the game went on

Bishop - well well well, he's back. Obviously not fully fit, but he was superb. I must admit I have thought people have been clamouring him back too much, as I didn't think he'd recover that original form after being out for so long. However if he can keep that up then he will be a hell of a player.

Downes - thought we looked very solid with him in. Sometimes I don't like him as I think he's too hot headed and clumsy but he did very well last night. Was it him that got injured? Hope he's back soon

Quaner - I'm 50/50 sold. Offers some good strength. Good assist

Nolan - good goal, but I much rather Bishop and Downes based on last night. Much much better than he has been though

Pennington - very solid. Didn't seem as frantic as he does sometimes. Did notice that 2 or 3 times he seems so desparate to get his head on a corner that he gets in someone else's way, namely Knudsen as I remember. He did it against Norwich as well, I think

Knudsen - yeah, he did very well. As long as he's our player, play him.

Judge - quality! What a great display. Head and shoulders above what we've had in that position for the last few years. Shame he was so knackered in the last 10 but he did remarkably well

Keane - held the ball up well

Was fuming when we conceded so early. Really really annoyed that we'd done it again. If we could start at the whistle next game, that would be lovely. But otherwise, really can't complain and proud to be a blue today. Especially as I hate Derby.
Just some ramblings from watching the game last night on 07:23 - Feb 14 with 569 viewschristiand

For a 19 year old lad - like Chalobah - to dominate against a more experienced and confident midfield, which Derby had, was terrific to see. He's really starting to string some good performances together lately and showing his ability. Problem is, he'll be a huge miss when he goes back to Chelsea for those that go on about playing our own young lads in his place, Chalobah is well ahead of them in his development.

Thought Nolan looked good last night when he came on. The interception he made leading to our goal appears overlooked, but a crisp finish for our equaliser. Generally seemed more confident.

Agree with your comments about Keane, just a pity he lacks pace, but he wouldn't be here if he did!!

Spot on about Bishop, he'll make a difference when fully fit. That lad has that class about him, but needs the game time and the minutes in his legs to help him along.

Judge was the best player on the park. Grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and tried to impose himself. Naturally, tired towards the end however it was terrific to watch an Ipswich player actually play in that manner, it's been a while.

Quick mention for Pennington too, he often gets criticised for his errors, but defended well and made some wonderful blocks particularly in that last 10 minutes.

A very encouraging team performance overall and we played some good stuff outplaying a play off chasing team. Reaffirmed my faith that PL is the right man to take us forward, especially if he gets us playing more like that. Not delusional enough to think we will stay up, but certainly gives me hope for next season in League One. More performances like this for the rest of the season please PL!!!
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 7:25]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Just some ramblings from watching the game last night on 09:10 - Feb 14 with 428 viewsSamWhiteUK

Just some ramblings from watching the game last night on 07:23 - Feb 14 by christiand

For a 19 year old lad - like Chalobah - to dominate against a more experienced and confident midfield, which Derby had, was terrific to see. He's really starting to string some good performances together lately and showing his ability. Problem is, he'll be a huge miss when he goes back to Chelsea for those that go on about playing our own young lads in his place, Chalobah is well ahead of them in his development.

Thought Nolan looked good last night when he came on. The interception he made leading to our goal appears overlooked, but a crisp finish for our equaliser. Generally seemed more confident.

Agree with your comments about Keane, just a pity he lacks pace, but he wouldn't be here if he did!!

Spot on about Bishop, he'll make a difference when fully fit. That lad has that class about him, but needs the game time and the minutes in his legs to help him along.

Judge was the best player on the park. Grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and tried to impose himself. Naturally, tired towards the end however it was terrific to watch an Ipswich player actually play in that manner, it's been a while.

Quick mention for Pennington too, he often gets criticised for his errors, but defended well and made some wonderful blocks particularly in that last 10 minutes.

A very encouraging team performance overall and we played some good stuff outplaying a play off chasing team. Reaffirmed my faith that PL is the right man to take us forward, especially if he gets us playing more like that. Not delusional enough to think we will stay up, but certainly gives me hope for next season in League One. More performances like this for the rest of the season please PL!!!
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 7:25]

Yes, I didn't really know what to say about Keane, but as the only outfield starting player I hadn't commented on it seemed a bit unfair to leave him out, as he made his contribution. He looked solid and didn't really do much wrong, and I think that is to be considered praise when we're having the season we are having.

We definitely bossed the midfield, which is brilliant to see. This is not something we've seen (consistently) for ages, so hopefully we can push on from this at the weekend!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024