Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again 07:49 - Feb 14 with 14451 viewstractordownsouth

I don’t really care about his comments but surely he can see that this isn’t going to go down well

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47233605

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:45 - Feb 15 with 1110 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:43 - Feb 15 by footers

Detail for us in which ways a Corbyn government would pose an "existential threat" to British Jews.

That phrase carries the severest of weights. I hope you are able to back it up with some logical thought. If you're not able to justify its use then I suggest you stop using it. It is an inflammatory and intensely disrespectful thing to say.

And also as a non-Jew yourself, to accuse me of denying agency is rich.

He's gone now......he was struggling!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:47 - Feb 15 with 1101 viewsfooters

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:36 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Uh oh, time to log off as the army of deplorables mobilizes.

Hang about, shouldn't you stand firm in the face of rampant antisemitism? The British Jewish community will not thank you for such cowardice. Maybe there isn't an existential threat after all...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:57 - Feb 15 with 1061 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:43 - Feb 15 by footers

Detail for us in which ways a Corbyn government would pose an "existential threat" to British Jews.

That phrase carries the severest of weights. I hope you are able to back it up with some logical thought. If you're not able to justify its use then I suggest you stop using it. It is an inflammatory and intensely disrespectful thing to say.

And also as a non-Jew yourself, to accuse me of denying agency is rich.

Firstly it was the three main Jewish newspapers who made the statement, not me. Zed is attributing it to me. Igf I have said it then it would have been in the context that "the three main Jewish newspapers believe a Corbyn lead government would be an existential threat to Jewish life in the UK. You must remember that zed is quite duplicitous and often economical with the truth.

Here is what they said.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/voice-of-the-jewish-news-united-we-stand/

My opinion is everything points to it eventually manifesting in number of ways. What it becomes acceptable to say and teach about Jews, devaluing the Holocaust, questioning Jewish roles in public life, how Jews have too much influence in the media and banking etc. All of the old tried and tested tropes. And how long before a Corbyn government decides to cut funding for an organisation such as CST, who provide security for schools and synagogues, using the excuse they are a 'Zionist organisation' (A Momentum motion) which could result in another Pittsburgh.

Re you final line. I stand by what I said. The three British Jewish newspapers have more right to use the phrase than you have to criticize them for doing so. Also my great grandfather was Jewish, my wife is half Jewish and my kids all have Jewish blood. So I have more of a skin in this game than you.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:58 - Feb 15 with 1060 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:47 - Feb 15 by footers

Hang about, shouldn't you stand firm in the face of rampant antisemitism? The British Jewish community will not thank you for such cowardice. Maybe there isn't an existential threat after all...

Shabbat has started :-)

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:03 - Feb 15 with 1047 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:45 - Feb 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

He's gone now......he was struggling!

Actually "he" has a family life and rarely post on here once the weekend* starts. The last thing I need to do is answer the same questions to you that I answered to somebody else earlier on.

*I know you will be monitoring when I'm logged on as usual.

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:07 - Feb 15 with 1042 viewsfooters

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:57 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Firstly it was the three main Jewish newspapers who made the statement, not me. Zed is attributing it to me. Igf I have said it then it would have been in the context that "the three main Jewish newspapers believe a Corbyn lead government would be an existential threat to Jewish life in the UK. You must remember that zed is quite duplicitous and often economical with the truth.

Here is what they said.

My opinion is everything points to it eventually manifesting in number of ways. What it becomes acceptable to say and teach about Jews, devaluing the Holocaust, questioning Jewish roles in public life, how Jews have too much influence in the media and banking etc. All of the old tried and tested tropes. And how long before a Corbyn government decides to cut funding for an organisation such as CST, who provide security for schools and synagogues, using the excuse they are a 'Zionist organisation' (A Momentum motion) which could result in another Pittsburgh.

Re you final line. I stand by what I said. The three British Jewish newspapers have more right to use the phrase than you have to criticize them for doing so. Also my great grandfather was Jewish, my wife is half Jewish and my kids all have Jewish blood. So I have more of a skin in this game than you.

Yet you keep repeating it and promoting it as an idea. They are wrong, and their views are crass and in my opinion extremely disrespectful to Jews who have died due to antisemitic acts. In no way, shape or form would a Corbyn government pose an "existential threat" to British Jews. Basing this absurd and outrageous statement on supposition is ridiculous. Or am I not allowed to disagree with them by virtue of them being Jewish?

You have no idea whether I am Jewish, have Jewish blood or Jewish relatives. As others have said, there are many, many Jews in Britain who strongly disagree with your position. Yet as a non-Jew you see fit to deny them agency, which as you know is antisemitic.

Funny old world, innit.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:12 - Feb 15 with 1034 viewsBenters2

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:03 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Actually "he" has a family life and rarely post on here once the weekend* starts. The last thing I need to do is answer the same questions to you that I answered to somebody else earlier on.

What until they start taking pics of your threads 🤓😂
John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:13 - Feb 15 with 1025 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:07 - Feb 15 by footers

Yet you keep repeating it and promoting it as an idea. They are wrong, and their views are crass and in my opinion extremely disrespectful to Jews who have died due to antisemitic acts. In no way, shape or form would a Corbyn government pose an "existential threat" to British Jews. Basing this absurd and outrageous statement on supposition is ridiculous. Or am I not allowed to disagree with them by virtue of them being Jewish?

You have no idea whether I am Jewish, have Jewish blood or Jewish relatives. As others have said, there are many, many Jews in Britain who strongly disagree with your position. Yet as a non-Jew you see fit to deny them agency, which as you know is antisemitic.

Funny old world, innit.

Div listed.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 18:13]

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:17 - Feb 15 with 1015 viewsfooters

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:13 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Div listed.

Thank fck for that.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:18 - Feb 15 with 1012 viewsfooters

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:12 - Feb 15 by Benters2

What until they start taking pics of your threads 🤓😂

Oh so it is you talking to yourself?! Edit: want to see it again?

[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 18:18]

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:18 - Feb 15 with 1012 viewsZedRodgers

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:57 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Here is what they said.

You often refer to it as being representative of the opinion of British Jews. Are we now moving towards you saying that although you reference it to back up things you say, it’s not actually something you necessarily agree with? Quite a big u-turn if so, but I’m pleased you’re now acknowledging that this isn’t the consensus of British Jews.

It’s then highly disappointing to see in your 2nd paragraph that you’ve decided to resort to using things that have not happened, will not happen and have not been suggested as something that could happen by anyone (Corbyn cutting CST funding) to back up your remarks.

By the criteria you’ve set out as to why you have “more skin in this game”, it would seem the Torah Jews have “more skin in this game” than you. Of course, for them it’s not a game at all.

No, not at the moment

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:18 - Feb 15 with 1011 viewsBenters2

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:13 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Div listed.

Nooo !

As dear old Bloo would say that’s the cowards way out 👮‍♀️
John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:22 - Feb 15 with 1001 viewsfooters

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:18 - Feb 15 by ZedRodgers

You often refer to it as being representative of the opinion of British Jews. Are we now moving towards you saying that although you reference it to back up things you say, it’s not actually something you necessarily agree with? Quite a big u-turn if so, but I’m pleased you’re now acknowledging that this isn’t the consensus of British Jews.

It’s then highly disappointing to see in your 2nd paragraph that you’ve decided to resort to using things that have not happened, will not happen and have not been suggested as something that could happen by anyone (Corbyn cutting CST funding) to back up your remarks.

By the criteria you’ve set out as to why you have “more skin in this game”, it would seem the Torah Jews have “more skin in this game” than you. Of course, for them it’s not a game at all.

I'm wondering why I've been div-listed tbh. Is it because I implied GB's acting on behalf of Jews denied their right to self-determination and is therefore antisemitic, something he accuses everyone on these threads of constantly?

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:31 - Feb 15 with 990 viewsSpruceMoose

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:18 - Feb 15 by footers

Oh so it is you talking to yourself?! Edit: want to see it again?

[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 18:18]

I do! I could use a Friday afternoon chuckle!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:42 - Feb 15 with 971 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:03 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

......not because I am 'deplorable' then? Make your mind up.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:49 - Feb 15 with 963 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 18:18 - Feb 15 by Benters2

Nooo !

As dear old Bloo would say that’s the cowards way out 👮‍♀️

Announcing it like a jumped up Prima Donna does at least give it entertainment value.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024