Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again 07:49 - Feb 14 with 14481 viewstractordownsouth

I don’t really care about his comments but surely he can see that this isn’t going to go down well

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47233605

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 13:39 - Feb 15 with 1683 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 13:36 - Feb 15 by ZedRodgers

Yes it was.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/freedom-for-mcaliskey-and-her-baby-1149324.ht

"The Home Office statement issued last night said: "[Mr Straw] considers the medical evidence in her case would make the extradition unjust or oppressive"

Does this make Jack Straw a terrorist sympathiser?

As I said, refused on health grounds and not lack of evidence.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 13:46 - Feb 15 with 1671 viewsBrixtonBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 12:53 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

You are correct. I am the flip side of that coin. You defend a racist terrorist sympathiser. I condemn him.

One day we will both look back on this and the opposite sides that we took.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 13:02]

Wow, Corbyn's racist now as well is he? Ok.

Also, I was talking about a different coin. But you know that.

You're so invested in your hatred you can't even see it. Also, the fact that I've openly disagreed with Corbyn on here on some things seems to have passed you by.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 13:52 - Feb 15 with 1652 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 13:46 - Feb 15 by BrixtonBlue

Wow, Corbyn's racist now as well is he? Ok.

Also, I was talking about a different coin. But you know that.

You're so invested in your hatred you can't even see it. Also, the fact that I've openly disagreed with Corbyn on here on some things seems to have passed you by.

"It doesn't help that one of our great parties, the one I belong to, is led by anti-Semites and racists who basically want to eliminate anyone who disagrees with them."

Sir Trevor Phillips, former head of the Race Relations Board

So you now know better than Seamus Mallon, one of the architects of the Northern Ireland peace process and Sir Trevor Phillips, former head of the Race Relations board.

And of course you know far better than Dame Margaret Hodge, who accused Jeremy Corbyn of being “a racist and an antisemite” and former Archbishop of Canterbury, Lord Carey, who said last week that “The weakness of [Corbyn’s] statements can give the impression that he is, deep-down, somebody who doesn’t like Jewish people”.

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 13:58 - Feb 15 with 1641 viewsBrixtonBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 13:52 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

"It doesn't help that one of our great parties, the one I belong to, is led by anti-Semites and racists who basically want to eliminate anyone who disagrees with them."

So you now know better than Seamus Mallon, one of the architects of the Northern Ireland peace process and Sir Trevor Phillips, former head of the Race Relations board.

And of course you know far better than Dame Margaret Hodge, who accused Jeremy Corbyn of being “a racist and an antisemite” and former Archbishop of Canterbury, Lord Carey, who said last week that “The weakness of [Corbyn’s] statements can give the impression that he is, deep-down, somebody who doesn’t like Jewish people”.

If you have any actual evidence of Corbyn being a racist, let's hear it. Not hearsay, not "the Labour leadership", not "an impression". I'd have thought all the time Tory central office has had on the case they'd have found something concrete by now.

Also, do you ever talk about policies?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:03 - Feb 15 with 1634 viewsZedRodgers

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 13:39 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

As I said, refused on health grounds and not lack of evidence.

The situation with her pregnancy certainly accelerated the decion not to extradite, but you are now suggesting that this is despite there being some evidence to connect her to a terror attack..

There is no evidence and never was any evidence. As I’ve already mentioned, it was found that she was imprisoned for 18 months without any charges presented to her and that the CPS decided there was nothing prosecute her for, long after the pregnancy. This is just another case of vilification of the Irish that you will always leave out of your ‘balanced’ arguments on republicanism.

My question remains - Is Jack Straw a terrorist sympathiser for aiding her great escape? Or will you now backtrack and admit you were wrong to imply Corbyn was using his own money to single-handedly come to the rescue of a terrorist?

You have ‘inadvertently’ misled the forum. Again.

No, not at the moment

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 14:19 - Feb 15 with 1609 viewsZedRodgers

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 13:52 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Quoting somebody calling somebody else a racist is simply not good enough.

We need to see what the person in question has said that is racist.

No, not at the moment

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:22 - Feb 15 with 1576 viewsZedRodgers

Dear Glassers,

Is this real?

Everything you have told me would suggest this is some kind of fake letter. I thought Corbyn posed an existential threat to Jewish life?

Please clarify.

Yours most sincerely,

Zed

No, not at the moment

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:49 - Feb 15 with 1553 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:22 - Feb 15 by ZedRodgers

Dear Glassers,

Is this real?

Everything you have told me would suggest this is some kind of fake letter. I thought Corbyn posed an existential threat to Jewish life?

Please clarify.

Yours most sincerely,

Zed

You have used these people to suit your purposes before Zed. “True Torah Jews” are the Neturei Karta, a sect of anti zionist holocaust deniers who earn a living shilling for Iran and have been excommunicated by the Rabbinate. .

Globally, the Neturei Karta sect number around 5,000, while the most conservative estimate of the global Jewish population comes out at approximately 14.3 million. This means that Neturei Karta make up just 0.03% of the entire Jewish population. They are about as representative of mainstream Jews as the Westbro Baptists are of Christianity.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/who-are-the-neturei-karta-1.444090

Here is your man Corbyn applauding one of them calling for the dismantling of Israel.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/corbyn-filmed-applauding-neturei-karta-spee

All you have done here is confirmed you are a momentum plant as you trot out the same lines they use on various social media outlets to deny the scope of antisemitism in the Labour party. Although I'm amused that your handlers thought you could throw something like a letter from the Neturei Karta and I'd have nowhere to go with it. Perhaps they'll bench you ands send back Gromphert.

You are far from being a stupid person zed. You know full well that you are being dishonest by putting up something by the Neturei Karta and kidding people on that they are in any way representative of British Jews. Still you fooled dolly.. which to be honest wasn't that hard to do.

So in answer to your question, no this letter is not fake. Nor is it representative of the British Jewish community.

Now this is real:

More than 85 per cent of British Jews think Jeremy Corbyn is antisemitic

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/more-than-85-per-cent-of-british-jews-think-j

[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 16:05]

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 16:34 - Feb 15 with 1526 viewsZedRodgers

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:49 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

You have used these people to suit your purposes before Zed. “True Torah Jews” are the Neturei Karta, a sect of anti zionist holocaust deniers who earn a living shilling for Iran and have been excommunicated by the Rabbinate. .

Globally, the Neturei Karta sect number around 5,000, while the most conservative estimate of the global Jewish population comes out at approximately 14.3 million. This means that Neturei Karta make up just 0.03% of the entire Jewish population. They are about as representative of mainstream Jews as the Westbro Baptists are of Christianity.

Here is your man Corbyn applauding one of them calling for the dismantling of Israel.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/corbyn-filmed-applauding-neturei-karta-spee

All you have done here is confirmed you are a momentum plant as you trot out the same lines they use on various social media outlets to deny the scope of antisemitism in the Labour party. Although I'm amused that your handlers thought you could throw something like a letter from the Neturei Karta and I'd have nowhere to go with it. Perhaps they'll bench you ands send back Gromphert.

You are far from being a stupid person zed. You know full well that you are being dishonest by putting up something by the Neturei Karta and kidding people on that they are in any way representative of British Jews. Still you fooled dolly.. which to be honest wasn't that hard to do.

So in answer to your question, no this letter is not fake. Nor is it representative of the British Jewish community.

Now this is real:

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/more-than-85-per-cent-of-british-jews-think-j

Oh right, so you mean they're the wrong type of Jews and their opinions are invalid?

Is 85% of your poll of 710 people representative of the British Jewish community? Or have you "used these people to suit your purposes"?

I'm trying to bring your heavily unbalanced debate about antisemitism back to reality. Your response is that this Jewish group have no legitimate views, that they themselves are antisemitic and that Jews who "speak for British Jews" must be approved by you, regardless of whether they are British Jews. You can do better.

No, not at the moment

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 16:40 - Feb 15 with 1515 viewslowhouseblue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 15:49 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Now this is real:

zed just regurgitates momentum social media feeds word for word. groanfart was funnier.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 16:49 - Feb 15 with 1494 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 16:34 - Feb 15 by ZedRodgers

Oh right, so you mean they're the wrong type of Jews and their opinions are invalid?

Is 85% of your poll of 710 people representative of the British Jewish community? Or have you "used these people to suit your purposes"?

I'm trying to bring your heavily unbalanced debate about antisemitism back to reality. Your response is that this Jewish group have no legitimate views, that they themselves are antisemitic and that Jews who "speak for British Jews" must be approved by you, regardless of whether they are British Jews. You can do better.

You didn't read a single word of the Jewish Chronicle article I linked on the Neturei Karta did you? So All you can now posts is that I said "they are the wrong kind of Jews", which of course I never said.

They are perfectly entitled to their views. However, if you going to use them as a counter argument to the charge that the majority of British Jews are not supportive of Corbyn and that the majority of British Jews don't believe that Corbyn is an antisemite, then it is probably best not to use a cult sect who in numbers represent 0.03% of the entire Jewish population (even less of the British Jewish population) and who have been excommunicated by the Rabbinate for their holocaust revision and association with the regime in Iran.

Jews who "speak for British Jews" do not need to be approved by me. The majority of British Jews are represented by the Board of Deputies who are elected into their positions by the community.

This has been a massive fail for you zed.

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 16:55 - Feb 15 with 1481 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 16:40 - Feb 15 by lowhouseblue

zed just regurgitates momentum social media feeds word for word. groanfart was funnier.

As I said in the thread, he's not stupid. He must understand that putting forward the Neturei Karta as being in any way representative of the majority of British Jews is completely dishonest.

I note he hasn't contributed to the £banter thread" but has dipped into a couple of other Ipswich related threads. His handlers probably only gave him some brief background info on this season.

He reminds me of one of these guys in an Indian call centre who talks about Premier League football and Coronation Street in order to fool people into thinking they are in a call centre in Manchester.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 16:56]

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:13 - Feb 15 with 1455 viewsZedRodgers

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 16:49 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

You didn't read a single word of the Jewish Chronicle article I linked on the Neturei Karta did you? So All you can now posts is that I said "they are the wrong kind of Jews", which of course I never said.

They are perfectly entitled to their views. However, if you going to use them as a counter argument to the charge that the majority of British Jews are not supportive of Corbyn and that the majority of British Jews don't believe that Corbyn is an antisemite, then it is probably best not to use a cult sect who in numbers represent 0.03% of the entire Jewish population (even less of the British Jewish population) and who have been excommunicated by the Rabbinate for their holocaust revision and association with the regime in Iran.

Jews who "speak for British Jews" do not need to be approved by me. The majority of British Jews are represented by the Board of Deputies who are elected into their positions by the community.

This has been a massive fail for you zed.

I know you didn’t directly say they were the wrong type of Jews. I was asking if that’s what you meant by suggesting that they don’t represent the views of British Jews, despite being British Jews.

So are you ssaying that they’re entitled to their views, but that their views on this are wrong?

If they only make up 0.03% of the entire Jewish population, then what does your 85% of a poll of 710 people account for? True Torah Jews are not alone in denouncing the political weaponisation of antisemitism.

You constantly refer back to Corbyn being an “existential threat to British Jews”. When making such accusations, you should at least be able to admit that the opinion of the Chronicle and the Conservative-run BoD is not a consensus of all British Jews.

Of course, when challenged you resort to the dismissing me as a Momentum plant. You can do better than this, Lowhouse not so much. Point me to any mention of Torah Jews by Momentum or anybody connected to them. If you can’t, the massive fail is yours, brother.

No, not at the moment

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:18 - Feb 15 with 1443 viewsfooters

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:13 - Feb 15 by ZedRodgers

I know you didn’t directly say they were the wrong type of Jews. I was asking if that’s what you meant by suggesting that they don’t represent the views of British Jews, despite being British Jews.

So are you ssaying that they’re entitled to their views, but that their views on this are wrong?

If they only make up 0.03% of the entire Jewish population, then what does your 85% of a poll of 710 people account for? True Torah Jews are not alone in denouncing the political weaponisation of antisemitism.

You constantly refer back to Corbyn being an “existential threat to British Jews”. When making such accusations, you should at least be able to admit that the opinion of the Chronicle and the Conservative-run BoD is not a consensus of all British Jews.

Of course, when challenged you resort to the dismissing me as a Momentum plant. You can do better than this, Lowhouse not so much. Point me to any mention of Torah Jews by Momentum or anybody connected to them. If you can’t, the massive fail is yours, brother.

Referring to Corbyn as an "existential threat" to British Jews is an ugly, hateful remark. It does disservice to the remembrance of the Holocaust and those who actually faced, and ultimately died due to, an existential threat to Jews.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:23 - Feb 15 with 1431 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:18 - Feb 15 by footers

Referring to Corbyn as an "existential threat" to British Jews is an ugly, hateful remark. It does disservice to the remembrance of the Holocaust and those who actually faced, and ultimately died due to, an existential threat to Jews.

Yet the three main British Jewish newspapers took the unprecedented step carrying the same front page headline saying just that. Their editors and staff will be made up of people who lost family in the Holocaust. Some will have been holocaust survivors themselves.

I doubt they took the decision lightly to use those words, but I would suggest that they have more right to use them than you have to criticise them.

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:27 - Feb 15 with 1422 viewsfooters

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:23 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Yet the three main British Jewish newspapers took the unprecedented step carrying the same front page headline saying just that. Their editors and staff will be made up of people who lost family in the Holocaust. Some will have been holocaust survivors themselves.

I doubt they took the decision lightly to use those words, but I would suggest that they have more right to use them than you have to criticise them.

You honestly believe that British Jews would be killed if Labour won a GE? That is what they are saying. At best it's hyperbolic, at worst it is an insult to Jews who have been murdered due to antisemitism. It's frankly fcking disgusting.

I don't care whether they are Jewish or not- the statement is outrageous.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:28 - Feb 15 with 1420 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:13 - Feb 15 by ZedRodgers

Zed. You put up a tiny sect as a counter to my post that the majority of British Jews believe Corbyn to be an anti semite.

I doubt you could find a single Town fan who thinks Bobby Robson was a poor manager at Ipswich. But if you did manage to find one you would be laughed at for putting them up as a counter argument to somebody who says Robson was a brilliant manager for Ipswich.

BTW you previously posted pictures of the Neturei Karta holding banners outside the Labour NEC meeting when they were discussing whether to adopt the IHRA definition of antisemitism.

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:32 - Feb 15 with 1410 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 13:24 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

She was an IRA terror suspect who the German police wanted extradited to face trial. Her extradition was not denied because of lack of evidence but on health grounds.

I note you have ignored all the other points raised in my post.

What, like taking the word of a double agent as gospel?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:34 - Feb 15 with 1404 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:18 - Feb 15 by footers

Yeah! You tell the Jews how they should feel about the antisemitism that affects them. If that is the language they used then they must have felt very strongly to do so.

edit replied to the other post you made footers.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 17:36]

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:34 - Feb 15 with 1403 viewsZedRodgers

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:23 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

And you have absolutely no right to present it as being the sole view of the British Jewish community, when evidently there are Jewish voices who want to completely disassociate themselves from those remarks.

You would do yourself and political threads on the board in general a great deal of courtesy by taking a step back to think about the consequences of presenting one opinion as the opinion of everybody. It’s the exact kind of manipulative political spin that you’re so happy to accuse others of.

No, not at the moment

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:35 - Feb 15 with 1397 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 16:40 - Feb 15 by lowhouseblue

Oh the irony Mr Gnasho! (sidekick)

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:36 - Feb 15 with 1392 viewsGlasgowBlue

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:35 - Feb 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Oh the irony Mr Gnasho! (sidekick)

Uh oh, time to log off as the army of deplorables mobilizes.

Iron Lion Zion

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:42 - Feb 15 with 1376 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:36 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Job done !

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:43 - Feb 15 with 1373 viewsfooters

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:34 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah! You tell the Jews how they should feel about the antisemitism that affects them. If that is the language they used then they must have felt very strongly to do so.

edit replied to the other post you made footers.

Detail for us in which ways a Corbyn government would pose an "existential threat" to British Jews.

That phrase carries the severest of weights. I hope you are able to back it up with some logical thought. If you're not able to justify its use then I suggest you stop using it. It is an inflammatory and intensely disrespectful thing to say.

And also as a non-Jew yourself, to accuse me of denying agency is rich.

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:44 - Feb 15 with 1371 viewsZedRodgers

John McDonnell really trying to appeal to the masses again on 17:36 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

A graceful exit as ever.

No, not at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024