Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
She may return to have the baby... 09:38 - Feb 14 with 60331 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...but I suspect it will be taken straight from her, if the authorities have any sense;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47229181

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

She may return to have the baby... on 11:34 - Feb 15 with 4321 viewsLord_Lucan

She may return to have the baby... on 11:29 - Feb 15 by jeera

Yes, I'm finding that more myself.

Waking up just leaves me tired.

My problem is that I enjoy working until late at night, even when I am watching TV I always have my laptop and I'm catching up on stuff - unfortunately I can't get into serious work mode until midday.

My wife by contrast is the opposite and snoozes most evenings, sometimes I have to wake her up to remind her it's nap time.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

She may return to have the baby... on 11:42 - Feb 15 with 4301 viewsballycastle

She may return to have the baby... on 11:02 - Feb 15 by jeera

We have literally no idea if these returnees are 'free' and 'walking the streets'.

One would hope and expect our security forces to be well aware of who's who and may potentially allow some notion of freedom in order to monitor behaviour.

That would be the obvious thing to do surely.

If people are wandering in from a war zone unnoticed then that says much about our supposedly coveted intelligence services as you say.

Salman Abedi was a Syrian returnee, free and walking the streets until he decided to bomb the Manchester arena.
She may return to have the baby... on 12:11 - Feb 15 with 4258 viewsjeera

She may return to have the baby... on 11:42 - Feb 15 by ballycastle

Salman Abedi was a Syrian returnee, free and walking the streets until he decided to bomb the Manchester arena.

You suggested there are loads, which there may well be. No one here is claiming otherwise.

I said we would 'like to think' our security forces are onto it.

Wasn't he supposedly under surveillance too?

It's not a competition buddy. He should have been picked up, but that bears little relevance to the OP of this thread and an unborn child.

Edit: The weird obsessive Withnail clearly has an opinion on the matter. As usual, he won't know what exactly it is.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 12:13]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

She may return to have the baby... on 12:19 - Feb 15 with 4254 viewsChampionship

She may return to have the baby... on 10:55 - Feb 15 by jeera

No. You posted an article that contains a few quotes, one or two that are potentially outdated already by laws the government may be keen to implement.

"[However] New laws under the Terrorism Act 2000 working their way through parliament could see her face ten years in a UK jail - even if she can prove she did nothing to actively benefit IS while she lived in Syria."

Even that is in the same article.

You're cherry-picking which indicates an agenda rather than a willingness to hold a balanced discussion.

Rowley said if they'd committed no offences then they couldn't be tried for anything. Well that's how the law works isn't it. We don't have to like it, but we do need to respect it and cannot just make it up as we go along to suit our feelings on any given matter depending which side of the bed we got out of.

Honestly not trying to push an agenda. I read the article laying in bed yesterday morning trying to delay getting up for work. I then posted on here what the article said which Sprucemoose dismissed out of hand so I went looking for the quotes. You could argue I accidentally pushed an agenda. You know what it's like when you're looking for something specific. I honestly don't remember that paragraph. I'm more than happy for her to return to a nice long jail sentence, especially as she seems to think she'll be coming home to live 'quietly' with her baby.
She may return to have the baby... on 12:26 - Feb 15 with 4236 viewsfooters

She may return to have the baby... on 12:19 - Feb 15 by Championship

Honestly not trying to push an agenda. I read the article laying in bed yesterday morning trying to delay getting up for work. I then posted on here what the article said which Sprucemoose dismissed out of hand so I went looking for the quotes. You could argue I accidentally pushed an agenda. You know what it's like when you're looking for something specific. I honestly don't remember that paragraph. I'm more than happy for her to return to a nice long jail sentence, especially as she seems to think she'll be coming home to live 'quietly' with her baby.

I imagine a decade in prison would be very quiet indeed. Ironically it would still be better than a refugee camp.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 12:26]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

She may return to have the baby... on 12:28 - Feb 15 with 4237 viewsChampionship

She may return to have the baby... on 12:26 - Feb 15 by footers

I imagine a decade in prison would be very quiet indeed. Ironically it would still be better than a refugee camp.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 12:26]

I don't think a decade inside is what she's picturing.

Although I imagine she's more likely to get a token twelve months or something than ten years.
She may return to have the baby... on 12:31 - Feb 15 with 4227 viewsfooters

She may return to have the baby... on 12:28 - Feb 15 by Championship

I don't think a decade inside is what she's picturing.

Although I imagine she's more likely to get a token twelve months or something than ten years.

We should be more creative with our punishments if they are to act as real deterrents. How about we make her spend a week with Gemma Collins?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

She may return to have the baby... on 12:35 - Feb 15 with 4217 viewsjeera

She may return to have the baby... on 12:19 - Feb 15 by Championship

I have to say, (with no reflection on you), that the more I read online, or in the papers, the more I despair.

Any number of words can be thrown onto a page with almost any quote - taken in or out of context, depending - and a pretty convincing outcome can be manipulated as desired.

I read a BBC piece the other day* about cab drivers and some of the stuff in that simple article was misinformation; like perceived truths, half-truths, and downright manipulation.

It contained events that had happened decades ago but portrayed them as though they were recent to suit their scoop. That's not to say it was entirely inaccurate, but it was as though someone had taken some honest information and given it a damn good try.

*Such a useful vague term
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 12:39]

Login to get fewer ads

She may return to have the baby... on 12:45 - Feb 15 with 4214 viewsChampionship

She may return to have the baby... on 12:31 - Feb 15 by footers

We should be more creative with our punishments if they are to act as real deterrents. How about we make her spend a week with Gemma Collins?

We don't use torture. We're not animals.
She may return to have the baby... on 14:02 - Feb 15 with 4174 viewsBenters2

She may return to have the baby... on 10:55 - Feb 15 by jeera

No. You posted an article that contains a few quotes, one or two that are potentially outdated already by laws the government may be keen to implement.

"[However] New laws under the Terrorism Act 2000 working their way through parliament could see her face ten years in a UK jail - even if she can prove she did nothing to actively benefit IS while she lived in Syria."

Even that is in the same article.

You're cherry-picking which indicates an agenda rather than a willingness to hold a balanced discussion.

Rowley said if they'd committed no offences then they couldn't be tried for anything. Well that's how the law works isn't it. We don't have to like it, but we do need to respect it and cannot just make it up as we go along to suit our feelings on any given matter depending which side of the bed we got out of.

Can I down arrow this?
She may return to have the baby... on 14:03 - Feb 15 with 4168 viewsBenters2

She may return to have the baby... on 09:31 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Her father is a radical who took her along to a jihadist march when she was 13 years old. His opinion is the last that anyone should listen to.

Lovely bloke apparently salt of the Earth.
She may return to have the baby... on 14:05 - Feb 15 with 4177 viewstractordownsouth

She may return to have the baby... on 14:03 - Feb 15 by Benters2

Lovely bloke apparently salt of the Earth.

Benters, how come you down arrowed me buh? Surely you can see that we can’t deport foreign criminals and also not take responsbility for British citizens who have committed crime. Prison is the best option as she has no other citizenship.

Simply deporting her will just make Syria just as dangerous as it is and not bring us any closer to World peace

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

She may return to have the baby... on 14:14 - Feb 15 with 4152 viewsBenters2

She may return to have the baby... on 14:05 - Feb 15 by tractordownsouth

Benters, how come you down arrowed me buh? Surely you can see that we can’t deport foreign criminals and also not take responsbility for British citizens who have committed crime. Prison is the best option as she has no other citizenship.

Simply deporting her will just make Syria just as dangerous as it is and not bring us any closer to World peace

Before all this crap kicked off,the powers to be said you travel out to Syria and join ISIS you can’t come back.

Don’t you think these people enjoy making us like look mugs?

They use the system,schools,uni’s what have you NHS etc.

I’m all for helping people escaping war and famine,when I was at school
my Mother God bless her helped people from Uganda settle here.

Some people are wronguns and don’t deserve our help so fk em.

End of.
She may return to have the baby... on 14:25 - Feb 15 with 4152 viewsSpruceMoose

She may return to have the baby... on 14:14 - Feb 15 by Benters2

Before all this crap kicked off,the powers to be said you travel out to Syria and join ISIS you can’t come back.

End of.

There really should be a 'Just Tellin' It Like It Is' party to give you guys some representation. Policy based on gut instinct and chest beating rather than learning about stuff.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 14:28]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

She may return to have the baby... on 15:44 - Feb 15 with 4128 viewstractordownsouth

End of.

No one’s disagreeing she’s a wrong un. But that isn’t answering the question. She has no other citizenship, so where do you propose she go?

It’s far safer to incarcerate her rather than leave her in Syria with other ISIS nut jobs. Also I believe you’ve also expressed discontent at the fact some foreign criminals are living in the UK, so you cannot then moan that British criminals should be made to stay abroad - it’s a two way street.

It’s not the 1800s where we send people over to Australia

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

She may return to have the baby... on 15:47 - Feb 15 with 4118 viewsChampionship

She may return to have the baby... on 15:44 - Feb 15 by tractordownsouth

No one’s disagreeing she’s a wrong un. But that isn’t answering the question. She has no other citizenship, so where do you propose she go?

It’s far safer to incarcerate her rather than leave her in Syria with other ISIS nut jobs. Also I believe you’ve also expressed discontent at the fact some foreign criminals are living in the UK, so you cannot then moan that British criminals should be made to stay abroad - it’s a two way street.

It’s not the 1800s where we send people over to Australia

What do you think is an appropriate sentence and do you think she will get that sentence based on what we know?
She may return to have the baby... on 18:46 - Feb 15 with 4057 viewsjpring89

End of.

Well said. Not quite sure why this got a down arrow. It might be because your not part of the TWTD’s popular people’s posting posse.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

She may return to have the baby... on 19:18 - Feb 15 with 4007 viewscrunchie1978

One way to solve the problem and it's to stop DRONE-ING on about it!
She may return to have the baby... on 20:25 - Feb 15 with 3959 viewsChampionship

She may return to have the baby... on 19:18 - Feb 15 by crunchie1978

One way to solve the problem and it's to stop DRONE-ING on about it!

Are you suggesting we bomb a refugee camp to take out one person we have no legal grounds to kill?
She may return to have the baby... on 20:35 - Feb 15 with 3940 viewsSwansea_Blue

She may return to have the baby... on 12:31 - Feb 15 by footers

There’s a popular American judge that does creative sentancing, alternatives to jail time normslly with a community service element, often humiliating in the eyes of the offender. Apparently it’s hugely successful and results in ridiculously low re-offending rates compared to the norm.

I’d love to see the reactions from the Daily Mailers if that happened here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

She may return to have the baby... on 10:21 - Feb 17 with 3790 viewseireblue

Well this is awkward.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-britain-should-take-back-islamic-state-fighters
She may return to have the baby... on 10:14 - Feb 18 with 3707 viewsjeera

She may return to have the baby... on 10:21 - Feb 17 by eireblue

Well this is awkward.

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-britain-should-take-back-islamic-state-fighters

She may return to have the baby... on 11:25 - Feb 18 with 3659 viewsSwansea_Blue

She may return to have the baby... on 10:21 - Feb 17 by eireblue

Well this is awkward.

It'll be interesting to see what he does with his high profile case then: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/17/us-woman-hoda-muthana-deeply-regre

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but assume that why you said this is awkward.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

She may return to have the baby... on 19:32 - Feb 18 with 3594 viewseireblue

She may return to have the baby... on 11:25 - Feb 18 by Swansea_Blue

It'll be interesting to see what he does with his high profile case then: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/17/us-woman-hoda-muthana-deeply-regre

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but assume that why you said this is awkward.

That would be one reason, yes.
She may return to have the baby... on 19:42 - Feb 18 with 3580 viewsPecker

She may return to have the baby... on 19:32 - Feb 18 by eireblue

That would be one reason, yes.

Now that the child has been born, doesn't it have Syrian citizenship?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024