Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing from last night annoyed me... 10:07 - Feb 14 with 2453 viewsSWGF

...and I've noticed it a few times in recent matches & it's become a trend elsewhere.

I sit above the players' families' box, near the tunnel, so get to see everyone enter and leave the pitch at close proximity.

There has been a real increase in the number of, what I'm going to call, scroungers calling for players' shirts (or, indeed, any item of clothing) as they leave the pitch at the end of the match. And it's not restricted to kids.

Last night it was N'Siala's shirt as he walked off; he declined as he was (presumably) wearing a few dozen layers on top. In the end, they persevered with Bart so he handed his over. Previously it's been players' (not goalkeepers') gloves. It all follows on from the homemade signs asking for "so and so's" shirt.; kids being egged on my their pushy parents.

'ucking freeloaders.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

One thing from last night annoyed me... on 12:47 - Feb 14 with 2207 viewsIllinoisblue

I despise all adults and kids who partake in such behaviour. Chavvy, classless.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

One thing from last night annoyed me... on 12:52 - Feb 14 with 2159 viewsSuperblue95

How else are they going to flog sh1te on eBay?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

One thing from last night annoyed me... on 12:52 - Feb 14 with 2157 viewsTractorCam

It's because you always see it in the prem games on TV. Think it was someone with a Hazard sign, he gave this kid his shirt, then suddenly everyone is on it as they've seen that gesture. You then see it at all the prem games and then it filters down to Ipswich and so on.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

One thing from last night annoyed me... on 13:08 - Feb 14 with 2092 viewssotd78

I asked for their bank details. They declined!
:)

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

One thing from last night annoyed me... on 18:32 - Feb 14 with 1799 viewsOxford_Blue

I think is surely the least of our problems right now
One thing from last night annoyed me... on 19:21 - Feb 14 with 1677 viewsSwansea_Blue

One thing from last night annoyed me... on 18:32 - Feb 14 by Oxford_Blue

Maybe. Although I’d argue that life would be better for all of us with a few more manners, some decorum and a bit less selfishness. Just don’t ask me how that translates into points!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One thing from last night annoyed me... on 19:58 - Feb 14 with 1556 viewsDubtractor

One thing from last night annoyed me... on 18:32 - Feb 14 by Oxford_Blue

You take this forum very seriously don't you?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

One thing from last night annoyed me... on 20:04 - Feb 14 with 1529 viewsPecker

Sounds bitter. Did the bloke in front of you get the shirt? Better luck next time.
Login to get fewer ads

One thing from last night annoyed me... on 20:32 - Feb 14 with 1447 viewstractorboy1978

The worst bit is the parents then take to Twitter and/or FB and label 'x' player as a disgrace etc. I saw someone moaning about Lampard not signing autographs last night on the touchline and someone commented back that he stayed and signed loads before he got back on the Derby coach post match.

And don't get me started on parents that big up footballers as role models.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 20:33]
One thing from last night annoyed me... on 21:08 - Feb 14 with 1350 viewsDarkHorse

One thing from last night annoyed me... on 20:04 - Feb 14 by Pecker

Sounds bitter. Did the bloke in front of you get the shirt? Better luck next time.

OP's reeled in one of them here.

Get a grip, man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024