Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk 07:22 - Feb 15 with 5399 viewscarlisleaway

this coming Sunday.....reason being, reaching the FA Cup Finsl in 1959 in which they lost.
They are desperate to celebrate nothing.
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 12:58 - Feb 15 with 942 viewsIllinoisblue

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:32 - Feb 15 by giant_stow

In a way I don't blame you all for being sniffy about our little celebrations, but have you all thought that it might be part of what makes the mighty canaries, mighty? Brings everyone together for a little party.

Ulla, do you own one of those charming little pin badges commemorating your glorious UEFA Cup "run"?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 13:22 - Feb 15 with 922 viewsBluespeed225

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 12:13 - Feb 15 by PJH

That's almost Dwight!

It was Roy Dwight and he was Elton's cousin-I always thought that he was an uncle but someone pointed out a while ago on a similar thread that it was cousin and that is what Wiki says.

Roy Dwight was in the winning Forest side but did break his leg.
I remember watching the F.A. Cup Final on TV, the first one on our telly although I saw the 1958 Final on a friends telly.

Edit-not that it matters but thinking about it I also watched the 1959 Final on a (different) friends telly-we only got a TV after local ITV started and that was in late 1959 so the first Final I saw on telly at home was 1960.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 13:51]

Ah, I was just going from childhood footy facts that I used to absord. I always thought he'd be Luton what with the proximity to Watford. Were they the big rivals to each other back then?
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 13:37 - Feb 15 with 908 viewsjeera

Will there be a bus?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 13:41 - Feb 15 with 903 viewsPJH

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 13:22 - Feb 15 by Bluespeed225

Ah, I was just going from childhood footy facts that I used to absord. I always thought he'd be Luton what with the proximity to Watford. Were they the big rivals to each other back then?

I suppose geographically Watford and Luton must always have been big rivals but in 1958/59 Luton were in Division 1(when that was the TOP Division)and Watford in Division 4.

Until someone pointed out that Roy Dwight was Elton's cousin a while ago I had thought he was an uncle-in fact I think it was me saying that he was an uncle that prompted the correction.
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 13:46 - Feb 15 with 894 viewsSuperfrans

13 minutes onwards on Mark Murphy here... Very amusing...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06z9bs3

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 13:47 - Feb 15 with 886 viewsSteve_M

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 10:27 - Feb 15 by solemio

Seriously, and apropos of almost nothing, Luton Town had a really good team that season and did reach the Final where they were beaten by Nottingham Forest.

I could understand LTFC wanting to recall that highlight of their history, but losing in the Semi? Oh dear.

Have Luton and Norwich played in the FA Cup at any other time?

Oh, looks like they have. Roll on 2023 for the 10th anniversary celebration:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 14:45 - Feb 15 with 853 viewscarlisleaway

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 13:47 - Feb 15 by Steve_M

Oh dear, that is an embassment for the PR department at Carrot Road.
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 14:46 - Feb 15 with 852 viewsBluespeed225

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 13:47 - Feb 15 by Steve_M

Still a record I believe?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024