Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk 07:22 - Feb 15 with 5402 viewscarlisleaway

this coming Sunday.....reason being, reaching the FA Cup Finsl in 1959 in which they lost.
They are desperate to celebrate nothing.
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 07:25 - Feb 15 with 4434 viewsTractorCam

We're not allowed to talk about history in any way though!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 07:28 - Feb 15 with 4414 viewsdocklandsblue

It's better than that... they are celebrating losing the semi-final!

Well worth listening back to Mark Murphy on Radio Suffolk - he did a great bit on it at 7.15 this morning.
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 07:29 - Feb 15 with 4413 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

They only got to the semi-final.
Tinpot.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 07:48 - Feb 15 with 4354 viewscarlisleaway

Apologies early morning failing doh .... failing to reach the FA Cup Final

Perhaps we should celebrate Freddie Sears winning goal of the month
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 07:58 - Feb 15 with 4313 viewsdocklandsblue

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 07:29 - Feb 15 by StochesStotasBlewe

They only got to the semi-final.
Tinpot.

Mark Murphy will be playing out the 'highlights' at 8.35ish on Radio Suffolk.

Coming March 2020... Delia Smith - Where Are You? A 15 year retrospective.

#TinPot
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 08:21 - Feb 15 with 4273 viewsleftpeg10

Barrel scrapers.Still 116 years and no major trophy!
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 08:49 - Feb 15 with 4208 viewsPinewoodblue

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 07:48 - Feb 15 by carlisleaway

Freddie to do a lap of honour at halftime on Saturday in a golf cart

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:11 - Feb 15 with 4160 viewsbritbiker

Being a bit unfair to the budgies I think.

It is one of their greatest achievements. Only just ahead of Delia downing three bottles of wine in two minutes before an on field annoucement. And also the legends award to Grant Holt for the thousand times he fell over untouched and unpunished by referees.
Login to get fewer ads

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:19 - Feb 15 with 4141 viewsFixed_It

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:11 - Feb 15 by britbiker

Being a bit unfair to the budgies I think.

It is one of their greatest achievements. Only just ahead of Delia downing three bottles of wine in two minutes before an on field annoucement. And also the legends award to Grant Holt for the thousand times he fell over untouched and unpunished by referees.

Holt getting up again after falling down must rank up there as one of the greatest achievements!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:32 - Feb 15 with 4083 viewsgiant_stow

In a way I don't blame you all for being sniffy about our little celebrations, but have you all thought that it might be part of what makes the mighty canaries, mighty? Brings everyone together for a little party.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:36 - Feb 15 with 4051 viewshoppy

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:32 - Feb 15 by giant_stow

In a way I don't blame you all for being sniffy about our little celebrations, but have you all thought that it might be part of what makes the mighty canaries, mighty? Brings everyone together for a little party.

Surely any family birthday, christening or funeral does that?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:39 - Feb 15 with 4046 viewsBluespeed225

To be fair, they have always wrung the life out of that! That and 'Munich'...
Why doesn't Wembley 75' get a celebration? They did beat us on the way there. Mel Machin statue? Keelan doing his hair on the goal line badges? Keelan, hmmm...
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:39 - Feb 15 with 4047 viewsFixed_It

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:32 - Feb 15 by giant_stow

I think it illustrates perfectly that the Norfolk definition of 'mighty' differs greatly to that of the rest of civilisation...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:39 - Feb 15 with 4044 viewsPJH

Imagine the party you could have if you had actually won anything of real note.
Just imagine if you had won The League OR The F.A. Cup OR a major European Trophy(or The Texaco Cup).
What if you had won ALL of them?

I don't think you people can have it both ways, either history counts or it doesn't-if it counts we have got it and you haven't.

I will believe that All Day And All Of The Night.
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:39 - Feb 15 with 4048 viewsPinewoodblue

Town fans are accused of living in the past remembering winning major trophies in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Yet it is OK to celebrate losing a game in the 50's.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 09:55 - Feb 15 with 3991 viewsSwansea_Blue

Don't you listen to them Ullaa. I think it's great you feel you can celebrate - just be careful you don't get splinters when clutching all those straws

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 10:06 - Feb 15 with 3967 viewsFtnfwest

don't you mean scrimmage?
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 10:13 - Feb 15 with 3944 viewsLord_Lucan

Can you edit that to cup semi please, it's grinding my gears.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 10:27 - Feb 15 with 3902 viewssolemio

Seriously, and apropos of almost nothing, Luton Town had a really good team that season and did reach the Final where they were beaten by Nottingham Forest.

I could understand LTFC wanting to recall that highlight of their history, but losing in the Semi? Oh dear.
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 10:39 - Feb 15 with 3870 viewsfloridaboy

Maybe at their next home game they can get former players to parade round the ground with all their honours held aloft, with Delia in the centre circle on the mike announcing each one!
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 11:52 - Feb 15 with 3788 viewsLeagueOne

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 07:48 - Feb 15 by carlisleaway

Maybe we should celebrate Marcus Bents player of the month award from 2001-02 sometime?

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 11:55 - Feb 15 with 3783 viewsPJH

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 10:27 - Feb 15 by solemio

Seriously, and apropos of almost nothing, Luton Town had a really good team that season and did reach the Final where they were beaten by Nottingham Forest.

I could understand LTFC wanting to recall that highlight of their history, but losing in the Semi? Oh dear.

Luton beat us 5-2 at PR in the 5th round.
Attendance listed as exactly 26700 so it was almost certainly all ticket-I remember at 8 year old me being in the seats in what is now the Co-Op stand.

Luton did have a good side.
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 12:05 - Feb 15 with 3760 viewsBluespeed225

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 11:55 - Feb 15 by PJH

Luton beat us 5-2 at PR in the 5th round.
Attendance listed as exactly 26700 so it was almost certainly all ticket-I remember at 8 year old me being in the seats in what is now the Co-Op stand.

Luton did have a good side.

Featuring Elton Johns, Uncle Ray, who broke his leg in the Final.
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 12:13 - Feb 15 with 3742 viewscarlisleaway

What about when there main stand was burnt down many years ago and funded by Norwich Union at the time, something very fishy there.
Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 12:13 - Feb 15 with 3742 viewsPJH

Unbelievable, Norwich City are having an hour programme on Radio Norfolk on 12:05 - Feb 15 by Bluespeed225

Featuring Elton Johns, Uncle Ray, who broke his leg in the Final.

That's almost Dwight!

It was Roy Dwight and he was Elton's cousin-I always thought that he was an uncle but someone pointed out a while ago on a similar thread that it was cousin and that is what Wiki says.

Roy Dwight was in the winning Forest side but did break his leg.
I remember watching the F.A. Cup Final on TV, the first one on our telly although I saw the 1958 Final on a friends telly.

Edit-not that it matters but thinking about it I also watched the 1959 Final on a (different) friends telly-we only got a TV after local ITV started and that was in late 1959 so the first Final I saw on telly at home was 1960.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 13:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024