Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 squad 09:10 - Feb 15 with 4152 viewstitanicclown

Just thinking about next season. Assuming we stick with a diamond, get rid of the obvious ones and dont sell anyone, I cant see the need for another squad overhaul - a few gaps to fill but nothing major.

Gk
Bart
Gerken (or Wright)

RB:
+ 1
Emmanuel

CB:
Chambers
Woolfenden
Nsiala
+ 1(or Donacian?)

LB:
Kenlock
+ 1

CDM:
Skuse
Downes

RCM:
Bishop
Nolan

LCM:
Dozzell
Huws
Nydam

ACM:
Judge
Lankester
Edwards (?)

CF
Harrison
Jackson
Sears
+ 1 (Keane hopefully)

Hard not to feel positive with that squad under Lambert.
League 1 squad on 09:13 - Feb 15 with 4139 viewsnsblu1

I can see us needing to sell one or two of that lot to keep the books balanced and allow a bit in the transfer market. Think we’d likley lose Bart and possibly Dozzell if there is still top flight interest in hi
League 1 squad on 09:21 - Feb 15 with 4104 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

League 1 squad on 09:13 - Feb 15 by nsblu1

I can see us needing to sell one or two of that lot to keep the books balanced and allow a bit in the transfer market. Think we’d likley lose Bart and possibly Dozzell if there is still top flight interest in hi

Can we loan out Bart?
Cover Wages and some.

Isn't Kenlock out of contract?
League 1 squad on 09:24 - Feb 15 with 4095 views26_Paz

League 1 squad on 09:21 - Feb 15 by BtreeBlueBlood

Can we loan out Bart?
Cover Wages and some.

Isn't Kenlock out of contract?

Bart will go I would assume; however Gerkin will be a decent league 1 keeper, Wright can be no 2.
I think we have an option on Kenlock.
The club might want rid of Skuse, will be on big money for league 1

The Paz Man

League 1 squad on 09:24 - Feb 15 with 4094 viewsTractorCam

Someone will come in for Downes I reckon. Also Bart will go.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

League 1 squad on 09:41 - Feb 15 with 4022 viewsbontcho

League 1 squad on 09:24 - Feb 15 by 26_Paz

Bart will go I would assume; however Gerkin will be a decent league 1 keeper, Wright can be no 2.
I think we have an option on Kenlock.
The club might want rid of Skuse, will be on big money for league 1

Given PL name checked Kenlock in his young players to build the squad around hopefully he’ll get that extension at the very least.

Bart will go, I wonder if Gerken has the distribution skills for this style of football but PL might think “better the devil you know”. Dozzell could be sold too, but Pl’s comments this week suggest he’s going to be integrated into the side from now.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

League 1 squad on 10:05 - Feb 15 with 3984 viewsJammyDodgerrr

League 1 squad on 09:41 - Feb 15 by bontcho

Given PL name checked Kenlock in his young players to build the squad around hopefully he’ll get that extension at the very least.

Bart will go, I wonder if Gerken has the distribution skills for this style of football but PL might think “better the devil you know”. Dozzell could be sold too, but Pl’s comments this week suggest he’s going to be integrated into the side from now.

Bart is almost certainly going to go as his wages are the highest in the club. I don't see why we would let Gerken go at all, will be more than capable, and a bit of a waste letting him go on a free.

Other than that we should be fine.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

League 1 squad on 10:41 - Feb 15 with 3929 viewsColchesterBlue1985

The Right Back position is the one we need to fill permantly. It’s been a problem area for years now, we need a permanent signing to fill that role rather than trying to shoehorn loanees in there season after season.

Lambert clearly doesn’t rate Emmanuel otherwise he wouldn’t have got Bree in.
League 1 squad on 10:48 - Feb 15 with 3912 viewschristiand

League 1 squad on 09:41 - Feb 15 by bontcho

Bart will go, Gerken isn't reliable enough for me and his kicking as you rightly point out Bontcho isn't what PL will require for his system of play. Believe Gerken's contract is up at the end of the season, natural wastage and let him leave. What about getting a reliable No.1 for that level of football that has decent pedigree, like Andy Lonergan (think he's on loan from Boro to Rochdale currently) and then have Harry Wright backing him up? I'm not saying Andy Lonergan specifically, but someone of that ilk if you get my drift?!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 11:01]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

League 1 squad on 10:49 - Feb 15 with 3910 viewsflimflam

League 1 squad on 10:41 - Feb 15 by ColchesterBlue1985

The Right Back position is the one we need to fill permantly. It’s been a problem area for years now, we need a permanent signing to fill that role rather than trying to shoehorn loanees in there season after season.

Lambert clearly doesn’t rate Emmanuel otherwise he wouldn’t have got Bree in.

Signing Bree on a permanent deal would solve that, right age and looks like a decent player.

Was outstanding v Derby.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

League 1 squad on 11:07 - Feb 15 with 3866 viewsbontcho

League 1 squad on 10:49 - Feb 15 by flimflam

Signing Bree on a permanent deal would solve that, right age and looks like a decent player.

Was outstanding v Derby.

In another thread I’ve described Bree, Keane and Elder as being on an glorified trial. Obviously if they play well they may get better offers. I think Bree has a couple of years on his contract so might be harder to sign than the other two (Keane has an option so we might end up having to do a very small deal there). We’ll obviously need to sign at least one right back, left back and striker and these guys are here and part of the squad so there’s no need to inbed them - less risky.

Bulgarian penalty hero

League 1 squad on 11:24 - Feb 15 with 3839 viewsJammyDodgerrr

League 1 squad on 11:07 - Feb 15 by bontcho

In another thread I’ve described Bree, Keane and Elder as being on an glorified trial. Obviously if they play well they may get better offers. I think Bree has a couple of years on his contract so might be harder to sign than the other two (Keane has an option so we might end up having to do a very small deal there). We’ll obviously need to sign at least one right back, left back and striker and these guys are here and part of the squad so there’s no need to inbed them - less risky.

I don't think we will have any chance of getting Bree. Keane is almost a certainty to stay, and we would stand a good chance of getting Elder, however Lambert seems to have set on Kenlock so he might not want to stay now.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

League 1 squad on 12:18 - Feb 15 with 3791 viewsbontcho

League 1 squad on 11:24 - Feb 15 by JammyDodgerrr

I don't think we will have any chance of getting Bree. Keane is almost a certainty to stay, and we would stand a good chance of getting Elder, however Lambert seems to have set on Kenlock so he might not want to stay now.

I suspect to sign Bree we’d need to have a bit of luck that no Championship teams are keen, plus raise a decent bit of cash elsewhere. True on Elder, is this partly the 5 man loan limit too? I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets his trial games once we’re down.

Bulgarian penalty hero

League 1 squad on 12:57 - Feb 15 with 3753 viewsWestcountryblue

I think League 1 will be the coming of age for a lot of younger players. It might be just place that the likes of Kenlock, Dozzell and Nydam who have been on the periphery come into their element. That said, it is a very physical league and we will need to have strength, experience and speed to support our young guns. I would be very happy with the following if we are to drop to L1.

-------------------New Experienced GK----------------------
New Experienced RB - Woolfenden-Chambers-Kenlock
------------------------ Downes ----------------------------------
-----------------Bishop Judge Dozzell--------------------------
-------------------Lankester--Keane----------------------------

Subs : Harrison, Jackson, Nolan, Nsiala, Emmanuel, Wright, Nydam

All good sides, regardless of what league their in, have 4 top center backs and 4 top strikers and we should have that.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 13:01]
League 1 squad on 17:32 - Feb 15 with 3634 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

League 1 squad on 12:18 - Feb 15 by bontcho

I suspect to sign Bree we’d need to have a bit of luck that no Championship teams are keen, plus raise a decent bit of cash elsewhere. True on Elder, is this partly the 5 man loan limit too? I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets his trial games once we’re down.

Bree on a season long loan??
League 1 squad on 18:16 - Feb 15 with 3593 viewsTractorCam

League 1 squad on 17:32 - Feb 15 by BtreeBlueBlood

Bree on a season long loan??

Bree will be playing for Villa next season i'd imagine, they see him as the future and Hutton is nearly 35.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

League 1 squad on 18:26 - Feb 15 with 3580 viewsjas0999

Evans has sold players every pre season so I can’t see this being any different. Would expect a talented youngster to leave. We won’t be able to afford Bart in League One. He will go. I personally think we need better than Gerken.

Suspect we will look to offset Skuse. High wages. Chambers will need to take a huge pay cut to stay. Will he? Not sure and not sure he is the answer moving forward. I wonder if Judge will stay. Triggering his contract extension could be costly depending on current wage.

We can’t rely on Huws. Sears is out for the first half of the season potentially. Some of PHs signings will almost certainly move on - possibly on loan. PL will put his stamp on the squad and will want new permanent additions.

I think we could be in for another overhaul.
League 1 squad on 18:27 - Feb 15 with 3575 viewssundaze

League 1 squad on 10:48 - Feb 15 by christiand

Bart will go, Gerken isn't reliable enough for me and his kicking as you rightly point out Bontcho isn't what PL will require for his system of play. Believe Gerken's contract is up at the end of the season, natural wastage and let him leave. What about getting a reliable No.1 for that level of football that has decent pedigree, like Andy Lonergan (think he's on loan from Boro to Rochdale currently) and then have Harry Wright backing him up? I'm not saying Andy Lonergan specifically, but someone of that ilk if you get my drift?!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 11:01]

I only discovered today that Stockdale is on loan at Coventry from Birmingham. Incredible to think that he turned down a new contract with Brighton a couple of years ago after helping them into the Premier league and now he is in goal for a mid table fourth division team.
League 1 squad on 18:49 - Feb 15 with 3537 viewsTIB

Squad definitely looks good going forwards with a healthy mix of youth and experience.

I'd hope the likes of Bart, Knudsen, Pennington, Chalobah and Keane going alongside Huws and Adeyemi would easily help balance the books and allow us to sort out a new LB and RB and look to make Judge permanently.

All that said...we're not down just yet!!!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

League 1 squad on 20:15 - Feb 15 with 3454 viewsWestcountryblue

League 1 squad on 18:26 - Feb 15 by jas0999

Evans has sold players every pre season so I can’t see this being any different. Would expect a talented youngster to leave. We won’t be able to afford Bart in League One. He will go. I personally think we need better than Gerken.

Suspect we will look to offset Skuse. High wages. Chambers will need to take a huge pay cut to stay. Will he? Not sure and not sure he is the answer moving forward. I wonder if Judge will stay. Triggering his contract extension could be costly depending on current wage.

We can’t rely on Huws. Sears is out for the first half of the season potentially. Some of PHs signings will almost certainly move on - possibly on loan. PL will put his stamp on the squad and will want new permanent additions.

I think we could be in for another overhaul.

Judging by what Lambert has said recently in the press, i think the overhaul will be with the experienced players...e.g Skuse, Bart, Spence, Gerkin, Knudsen, not with our youngsters, as Lambert wants to build the team around them.

I think that's a great idea, but League One is a tough old league and some experienced campaigners like Judge and Chambers will be invaluable. Collins as a player-coach would be superb. I think we need some old wise heads to support these youngsters.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 20:25]
League 1 squad on 20:25 - Feb 15 with 3438 viewsPecker

Bart, Chambo and Skuse won't be here next season. Reckon we will sign 6 first teamers. RB, CBx2, CMx2 and a CF.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024