Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? 11:00 - Feb 15 with 1277 viewschristiand

Thinking about Huws mainly. The club have treated him extremely well considering his lack of football over the last coupe of seasons. I just wonder if Huws will give us a season to try and get us back up? Just wonder if he feels a sense of loyalty due to his lack of game time? If we can get him fit and he stays fit for a sustained period, he'd be a terrific addition like Dack for Blackburn in League One. Thoughts?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 11:07 - Feb 15 with 1248 viewsGuthrum

Depends whether he can get fit for any sustained period.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 11:07 - Feb 15 with 1249 viewsJammyDodgerrr

He isn't going anywhere unless we cancel his contract. Nobody will come in for him.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 11:08 - Feb 15 with 1241 viewsfooters

What other options do players like that have now? Having been out of the game for so long it's difficult to imagine his stock being high. Long drop down from being a Citeh wonderkid to being with us . He'll need game time to rescue any reputation so I think we'd have the upper hand.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 11:10 - Feb 15 with 1230 viewstextbackup

he wont be fit for the rest of this season, and next it'll be one thing after another, he wont play for us again is my guess

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 11:39 - Feb 15 with 1145 viewsFixed_It

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 11:08 - Feb 15 by footers

What other options do players like that have now? Having been out of the game for so long it's difficult to imagine his stock being high. Long drop down from being a Citeh wonderkid to being with us . He'll need game time to rescue any reputation so I think we'd have the upper hand.

I can see a Club like Ipswich coming in for him...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 12:46 - Feb 15 with 1043 viewsWestcountryblue

I think Bishop has shown a bit of loyalty. He could've quite easily ran his contract down and i'm there would've been clubs in the Championship who would've been willing to take a punt on him.
Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 12:52 - Feb 15 with 1024 viewsIllinoisblue

I don't understand this "treated him extremely well" line of thinking. He's a player who (for us) cost a lot of money, is on a high wage... in what world would the club not "treat him well" and try and get him fit?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 12:55 - Feb 15 with 1013 viewsSwansea_Blue

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 11:08 - Feb 15 by footers

Depends on his body and his temperament I suppose. Does he have what it takes to bust a gut at a lower level, rebuild his reputation and maybe earn a return to the top flight (see Jon Walters) or will he fizzle out into lower leage nothingness (see, oh I don’t know, someone like JET or Nouble maybe).

He’s in a good place here. I reckon PL will be good for him and it looks like we could end up being a decent footballing side in L1, which would suit him.

Can we afford him though, and if not is he prepared to take a cut in wages for a chance to rebuild his career?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 13:03 - Feb 15 with 991 viewschristiand

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 12:52 - Feb 15 by Illinoisblue

I don't understand this "treated him extremely well" line of thinking. He's a player who (for us) cost a lot of money, is on a high wage... in what world would the club not "treat him well" and try and get him fit?

You'd be surprised. I know if I was him I'd be feeling that I owe the club after being out for so long, especially with the patience shown with the length of Huw's recovery. Just feel the word 'loyal' is not an adjective used to describe modern footballers. I was especially heartened by Bishop's decision to sign a new contract, not sure many in the same position and the club's would have done the same. Just feel regarding Huws' situation, League One would be a shop window for him to showcase his talents, so while helping us on our promotion push back he'd be getting regular games under his belt at a competitive level and proving his fitness to any suitors.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 13:48 - Feb 15 with 931 viewslongtimefan

Do you think 'certain' players will show a sense of loyalty? on 12:55 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

Depends on his body and his temperament I suppose. Does he have what it takes to bust a gut at a lower level, rebuild his reputation and maybe earn a return to the top flight (see Jon Walters) or will he fizzle out into lower leage nothingness (see, oh I don’t know, someone like JET or Nouble maybe).

He’s in a good place here. I reckon PL will be good for him and it looks like we could end up being a decent footballing side in L1, which would suit him.

Can we afford him though, and if not is he prepared to take a cut in wages for a chance to rebuild his career?

Was told by someone very friendly with Tommy Smith's wife that his last contract included a large cut on relegation. 70% was mentioned, but I'm unsure if it was 70% reduction or 70% of Championship wage. I would expect other players would be in a similar position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024