Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit 11:34 - Feb 15 with 5994 viewsGerkensBeard

Who starts CB?

I think the diamond system requires mobile centre backs to be dragged out wide if the full back is caught up the pitch. The two most mobile would be Knudsen and Pennington. That was clearly lamberts thinking having Knudsen at LCB as if he was dragged out there he’d deal with it. But you just know the stupid goals conceded would stop if Collins was in there, who hates being dragged out wide...
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:24 - Feb 15 with 2359 viewsFrimleyBlue

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:21 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

His errors haven't had anything to do with who he's playing next to, he's just very error prone. A makeshift CB pairing that includes a left back doing well for one game is not grounds to continue with a makeshift CB pairing. The Derby game has seriously made people lose their heads.

Of course who you're playing with can lead to errors. Positioning, body shape, etc
You'll be surprised at how many players hate playing LCB when they're right footed.

But each to their own
Personally I hope Lambert doesn't change it, but I expect he will do.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:28 - Feb 15 with 2350 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:24 - Feb 15 by FrimleyBlue

Of course who you're playing with can lead to errors. Positioning, body shape, etc
You'll be surprised at how many players hate playing LCB when they're right footed.

But each to their own
Personally I hope Lambert doesn't change it, but I expect he will do.

If Chambers is fit I sincerely hope he does. I worry about Pennington and Chambers facing Afobe and Vokes. I do think you're reaching a bit trying to suggest that Pennington fails to pick up his man or passes straight to the opposition because of body shape but there we go, you do make up all kinds of crap to justify your opinion.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 13:35]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:33 - Feb 15 with 2345 viewsFrimleyBlue

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:28 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

If Chambers is fit I sincerely hope he does. I worry about Pennington and Chambers facing Afobe and Vokes. I do think you're reaching a bit trying to suggest that Pennington fails to pick up his man or passes straight to the opposition because of body shape but there we go, you do make up all kinds of crap to justify your opinion.

Don' t like it when someone has a discussion with you do you Herbz

I don't have to justify my opinion, I don't pick the team

But have a gander at the below, and you'll understand there is a link between errors and playing on your week foot as a cb

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1965610-analysing-the-importance-of-a-left-f

[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 13:36]

Waka waka eh eh

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:37 - Feb 15 with 2339 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:33 - Feb 15 by FrimleyBlue

Don' t like it when someone has a discussion with you do you Herbz

I don't have to justify my opinion, I don't pick the team

But have a gander at the below, and you'll understand there is a link between errors and playing on your week foot as a cb

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1965610-analysing-the-importance-of-a-left-f

[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 13:36]

I don't mind people discussing things with me, I'll just call them out when I think they're talking guff too. I feel that's the case here.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:39 - Feb 15 with 2331 viewsSouperJim

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:17 - Feb 15 by Ftnfwest

careful not to wish for it to rain down

Even if there's thunder and lightning and the roof is leaking, I'm not moving. I've supported Town all of my life, even though they turn me inside out at times, so if we do go down then that's just the way it is. There's a long long way to go and I still believe we can still have another day in paradise if us fans hang in long enough.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:40 - Feb 15 with 2327 viewsFrimleyBlue

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:37 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

I don't mind people discussing things with me, I'll just call them out when I think they're talking guff too. I feel that's the case here.

like I say, it's a talking point and one that's been discussed before, some agree, some don't hey ho

Waka waka eh eh

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:43 - Feb 15 with 2322 viewsSwansea_Blue

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:39 - Feb 15 by SouperJim

Even if there's thunder and lightning and the roof is leaking, I'm not moving. I've supported Town all of my life, even though they turn me inside out at times, so if we do go down then that's just the way it is. There's a long long way to go and I still believe we can still have another day in paradise if us fans hang in long enough.

If the last week is a reliable indicator of where we could be heading, and if he can keep a lot of these youngsters together that form the spine of the midfield, then I'm a lot more optimistic about our future than I was.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:43 - Feb 15 with 2325 viewsurbanblue

I can honestly say watching the game on Wednesday, that for the first time this season I felt really comfortable and confident with the centre backs ... Don't know why, just did.

I wouldn't change it at all! Chambers can have a rest in my view.

#newera
Login to get fewer ads

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:46 - Feb 15 with 2318 viewsOsborneOneNil

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:37 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

You talk an enormous amount of guff yourself, tbf.

People 'losing their heads' over the Derby game. What, the best performance we've had in weeks, maybe all season? People are excited by that, not losing their heads. They want to see it again, and maybe changing things won't be as effective. Maybe, maybe not.

Play the best players. Doesn't always work, does it. Remember Dyer being our best player? Failed over and over in the play offs. Sold him. Went up with a better TEAM. Maybe Jonas and Pennington are better suited to the new formation as they are clearly more mobile than Chambers. Maybe, maybe not, but don't squash peoples opinion on here as you think you are right on Chambo.

Saying Pennington has an error in him. Yeah, he has. Not sure Chambers hasn't though. He's been at fault for plenty of goals conceded this season.

Anyway, if fit, I suspect he will come back in. Shame, IMO.
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:49 - Feb 15 with 2312 viewsPinewoodblue

Surely anyone who disagrees with you is talking guff.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:53 - Feb 15 with 2310 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:49 - Feb 15 by Pinewoodblue

Surely anyone who disagrees with you is talking guff.

This guy knows.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:53 - Feb 15 with 2307 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:46 - Feb 15 by OsborneOneNil

People 'losing their heads' over the Derby game. What, the best performance we've had in weeks, maybe all season? People are excited by that, not losing their heads. They want to see it again, and maybe changing things won't be as effective. Maybe, maybe not.

Play the best players. Doesn't always work, does it. Remember Dyer being our best player? Failed over and over in the play offs. Sold him. Went up with a better TEAM. Maybe Jonas and Pennington are better suited to the new formation as they are clearly more mobile than Chambers. Maybe, maybe not, but don't squash peoples opinion on here as you think you are right on Chambo.

Saying Pennington has an error in him. Yeah, he has. Not sure Chambers hasn't though. He's been at fault for plenty of goals conceded this season.

If fit he'll definitely come back in, and rightly so.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:58 - Feb 15 with 2299 viewsGerkensBeard

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:28 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

Watch Penningtons body shape as he passed the ball to the Norwich player on Sunday. He looked completely uncomfortable. He has not left foot so appeared to not even look down the line for a left footed pass. Balance of teams nowadays isn’t just the right back being right footed and left back being left footed. You need balance all over the pitch. Especially if your left back has gone up the line you either need to clear it with your left foot in that position or turn and play it back to the keeper.
Playing passes when you’re body isn’t shaped to play that pass is the main thing which leads to misplaced passes.
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:01 - Feb 15 with 2295 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:58 - Feb 15 by GerkensBeard

Watch Penningtons body shape as he passed the ball to the Norwich player on Sunday. He looked completely uncomfortable. He has not left foot so appeared to not even look down the line for a left footed pass. Balance of teams nowadays isn’t just the right back being right footed and left back being left footed. You need balance all over the pitch. Especially if your left back has gone up the line you either need to clear it with your left foot in that position or turn and play it back to the keeper.
Playing passes when you’re body isn’t shaped to play that pass is the main thing which leads to misplaced passes.

Not buying that. He misplaced a simple 5 yard pass and not for the first time. He's error prone wherever he plays.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:06 - Feb 15 with 2290 viewsFrimleyBlue

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:01 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

Not buying that. He misplaced a simple 5 yard pass and not for the first time. He's error prone wherever he plays.

It's ok Herbz, you don't buy it as you don't understand, despite more than 1 person telling you and a link too.

But i'll just keep talking guff

Waka waka eh eh

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:07 - Feb 15 with 2290 viewsGerkensBeard

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:01 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:08 - Feb 15 with 2289 viewsGerkensBeard

Then I question if you’ve ever played football
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:17 - Feb 15 with 2283 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:06 - Feb 15 by FrimleyBlue

It's ok Herbz, you don't buy it as you don't understand, despite more than 1 person telling you and a link too.

But i'll just keep talking guff

That article is an opinion piece on a site that publishes more or less anything, it's not evidence.

You and Gerks can carry on with your circle jerk, I'm just quietly amused at the re-writing of Pennington's errors now he's managed to have a good game. As I said before, the Derby game has made people lose their heads.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:22 - Feb 15 with 2279 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:08 - Feb 15 by GerkensBeard

Then I question if you’ve ever played football

Question all you like, flower.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:25 - Feb 15 with 2270 viewsGerkensBeard

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:17 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

That article is an opinion piece on a site that publishes more or less anything, it's not evidence.

You and Gerks can carry on with your circle jerk, I'm just quietly amused at the re-writing of Pennington's errors now he's managed to have a good game. As I said before, the Derby game has made people lose their heads.

I suspect you’ll be the first to revel in it if we lose this weekend then. What a terrible bunch of supporters we have they allow themselves to get excited after Wednesday night after the campaign we’ve had
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:32 - Feb 15 with 2264 viewsGavTWTD

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:39 - Feb 15 by SouperJim

He can be immense for us. It's like the guy has two hearts

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:38 - Feb 15 with 2249 viewsJammyDodgerrr

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:46 - Feb 15 by OsborneOneNil

Knudsen literally turns away from a shot in the box within two minutes, and costs us a goal.

I think you'll find that Chambers has actually cost us very few goals this season, where as you can almost pin one a game on Pennington. Knudsen might've done Ok against pacy forwards on Wednesday but he will get bullied by Vokes and Afobe tomorrow, and Chambers will be much better.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:42 - Feb 15 with 2244 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:25 - Feb 15 by GerkensBeard

I suspect you’ll be the first to revel in it if we lose this weekend then. What a terrible bunch of supporters we have they allow themselves to get excited after Wednesday night after the campaign we’ve had

You assume a lot.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 08:50 - Feb 16 with 2147 views3_5_2

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:06 - Feb 15 by Fixed_It

Shame we're not playing this evening. He's good In the Air Tonight.

with all these defenders we have "many too many"

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 09:21 - Feb 16 with 2132 viewsWonky

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:21 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

His errors haven't had anything to do with who he's playing next to, he's just very error prone. A makeshift CB pairing that includes a left back doing well for one game is not grounds to continue with a makeshift CB pairing. The Derby game has seriously made people lose their heads.

Always thought Knudsen has been decent at CB, his experience hardly makes it makeshift.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024