Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit 11:34 - Feb 15 with 6104 viewsGerkensBeard

Who starts CB?

I think the diamond system requires mobile centre backs to be dragged out wide if the full back is caught up the pitch. The two most mobile would be Knudsen and Pennington. That was clearly lamberts thinking having Knudsen at LCB as if he was dragged out there he’d deal with it. But you just know the stupid goals conceded would stop if Collins was in there, who hates being dragged out wide...
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 09:33 - Feb 16 with 287 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 09:21 - Feb 16 by Wonky

Always thought Knudsen has been decent at CB, his experience hardly makes it makeshift.

He's played centrally in a back 4 a handful of times, it's very much makeshift.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 10:06 - Feb 16 with 262 viewsOsborneOneNil

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 14:38 - Feb 15 by JammyDodgerrr

Knudsen literally turns away from a shot in the box within two minutes, and costs us a goal.

I think you'll find that Chambers has actually cost us very few goals this season, where as you can almost pin one a game on Pennington. Knudsen might've done Ok against pacy forwards on Wednesday but he will get bullied by Vokes and Afobe tomorrow, and Chambers will be much better.

He was wrong to turn his back. The shot then took a wicked deflection off him, so granted, not the best start. How did you think he played for the other 90+ minutes? You say Pennington has one mistake in him every game. He has had a few, but how do you think he played for the entire match on Wednesday? Chambers has actually cost us few goals this season, you say? How many? More than you’re imagining, I’d imagine.

Listen, Herbie is on one about Chambers. I like Chambers, he has the heart of a lion etc. My point is that we should consider keeping the side, if fit, as is. That’s all. Other than a 2nd minute mindfvk, and the exported last few minutes of nervous defending, we were decent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024