Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit 11:34 - Feb 15 with 6102 viewsGerkensBeard

Who starts CB?

I think the diamond system requires mobile centre backs to be dragged out wide if the full back is caught up the pitch. The two most mobile would be Knudsen and Pennington. That was clearly lamberts thinking having Knudsen at LCB as if he was dragged out there he’d deal with it. But you just know the stupid goals conceded would stop if Collins was in there, who hates being dragged out wide...
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:45 - Feb 15 with 3333 viewsHerbivore

Collins and Chambers start with Knudsen at left back.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:47 - Feb 15 with 3336 viewschicoazul

Dont think we can count on Collins anymore.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:49 - Feb 15 with 3332 viewsSwansea_Blue

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:47 - Feb 15 by chicoazul

He might come back Against All Odds

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:50 - Feb 15 with 3330 viewsGuthrum

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:47 - Feb 15 by chicoazul

Altho, certainly in terms of awareness and positioning, he is the best CB currently at the club. So should play if he can.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:56 - Feb 15 with 3303 viewsOsborneOneNil

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:45 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

Despite Pennington and Knudsen both having excellent games in that CB position on Wednesday? Change it up asap yeah?
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:56 - Feb 15 with 3298 viewschicoazul

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:49 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

Easy, lover.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:57 - Feb 15 with 3295 viewschicoazul

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:50 - Feb 15 by Guthrum

Altho, certainly in terms of awareness and positioning, he is the best CB currently at the club. So should play if he can.

Oh yes he's definitely the best we have, but he is old and injured.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:58 - Feb 15 with 3291 viewsHarry_Palmer

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:49 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah I'd back him to 'turn it on again'
Login to get fewer ads

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:58 - Feb 15 with 3293 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:56 - Feb 15 by OsborneOneNil

Despite Pennington and Knudsen both having excellent games in that CB position on Wednesday? Change it up asap yeah?

I know this is considered radical by the numbskull contingent but I'm of the view that wherever possible you pick your best players. Crazy I know.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:06 - Feb 15 with 3274 viewsFixed_It

Shame we're not playing this evening. He's good In the Air Tonight.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:08 - Feb 15 with 3251 viewsReuser_is_God

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:58 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

I know this is considered radical by the numbskull contingent but I'm of the view that wherever possible you pick your best players. Crazy I know.

But in this new system are the guys that played very well on Wednesday not the best players?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:17 - Feb 15 with 3221 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:08 - Feb 15 by Reuser_is_God

But in this new system are the guys that played very well on Wednesday not the best players?

No. The back four is still a back four, the defending was frantic at times on Wednesday but our better ball retention put us under less pressure thankfully. Kenlock was still underwhelming though, Jonas is a stand in CB and Pennington always has a costly error in him. People are losing their heads over a 1-1 draw with Derby.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:24 - Feb 15 with 3201 viewsChampionship

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:45 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

Got to be this.
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:26 - Feb 15 with 3193 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'd stick with Pennington and Knudsen, They worked really well together, nice left foot, right foot combo too. I wouldn't put chambers back in next to pennington, it'll lead to mistakes as it's done previously.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:29 - Feb 15 with 3184 viewsGlasgowBlue

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:06 - Feb 15 by Fixed_It

Especially with his invisible touch.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:31 - Feb 15 with 3174 viewsBluebell

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:06 - Feb 15 by Fixed_It

Forget that. I've just sussed it.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 12:33]
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:32 - Feb 15 with 3166 viewsGuthrum

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:57 - Feb 15 by chicoazul

Oh yes he's definitely the best we have, but he is old and injured.

Sadly so.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:33 - Feb 15 with 3163 viewsFrimleyBlue

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 11:58 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

Sometimes the perceived 'best players' can actually hurt a team. It's not an individual sport.

We potentially have found an ideal CB pairing due to the left foot and right combo. No need to change it just because others become available.

Waka waka eh eh

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:34 - Feb 15 with 3153 viewsGuthrum

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:31 - Feb 15 by Bluebell

Forget that. I've just sussed it.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 12:33]

Was about to post: "A large part of the 1980s, by the sounds of it ..."

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:35 - Feb 15 with 3150 viewsWhymarkmariner

Don't bring him back too quickly. You can't hurry, Love.
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:39 - Feb 15 with 3142 viewsFixed_It

I was going to say 'I'll get my coat' - but then realised that there is No Jacket Required.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:42 - Feb 15 with 3127 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:33 - Feb 15 by FrimleyBlue

Sometimes the perceived 'best players' can actually hurt a team. It's not an individual sport.

We potentially have found an ideal CB pairing due to the left foot and right combo. No need to change it just because others become available.

On what basis do you think we've found a good combo? We were okay defensively against Derby but rode our luck too. Pennington always has a mistake in him.

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:17 - Feb 15 with 3089 viewsFtnfwest

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:39 - Feb 15 by Fixed_It

I was going to say 'I'll get my coat' - but then realised that there is No Jacket Required.

careful not to wish for it to rain down
So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:19 - Feb 15 with 3080 viewsFrimleyBlue

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 12:42 - Feb 15 by Herbivore

On what basis do you think we've found a good combo? We were okay defensively against Derby but rode our luck too. Pennington always has a mistake in him.

He looked very comfortable having a left footed cb next to him on Wednesday night

We've seen what Chambers/Pennington combo's lead to, so why would you immediately go back to it, rather than see what this combo could do.

Waka waka eh eh

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:21 - Feb 15 with 3072 viewsHerbivore

So if Collins, Chambers, Pennington, Knudsen all fit on 13:19 - Feb 15 by FrimleyBlue

He looked very comfortable having a left footed cb next to him on Wednesday night

We've seen what Chambers/Pennington combo's lead to, so why would you immediately go back to it, rather than see what this combo could do.

His errors haven't had anything to do with who he's playing next to, he's just very error prone. A makeshift CB pairing that includes a left back doing well for one game is not grounds to continue with a makeshift CB pairing. The Derby game has seriously made people lose their heads.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024