Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! 13:09 - Feb 15 with 2712 viewsWestcountryblue

Stoke (Home)
Wigan (Away)
Reading (Home)

If we're going to get ourselves out of this mess, we need at least 7 points from these 3 games and it's certainly not out of the question looking at form and also the fact that we are at home for 2 of them. Given the way we've played over the last couple of games, i have the feeling that we might be gaining a bit of momentum with Judge and Bishop starting to turn in some good performances, so i think it's now or never. Ideally, if we can tighten the gap to 3-4 points, and gain some all important momentum, then who knows.

After that, we will have to scrape like hell in in the games vs Bristol City (A), Forest (H), Hull (H) and Bolton (A)....where you'd hope we could at least pick up 6 points.
Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:16 - Feb 15 with 2141 viewsFtnfwest

achieving something like that is not impossible but rather than be a step on the way to unlikely survival it would just prolong the season competitively at this point. I thought minimum 6 out of the next 9 and as that's 2 wins, one of them has to be v reading.
Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:49 - Feb 15 with 2088 viewsCoastalblue

We could get 9 points out of those games and by conituing the way we are playing it wouldn't be a shock, I very, very much doubt we will though.

Personally I think 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss from those three and four points is not going to be enough.

If we beat Stoke mind you, if, then the boost we get going into the next two would be huge.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:50 - Feb 15 with 2084 viewsGuthrum

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:16 - Feb 15 by Ftnfwest

achieving something like that is not impossible but rather than be a step on the way to unlikely survival it would just prolong the season competitively at this point. I thought minimum 6 out of the next 9 and as that's 2 wins, one of them has to be v reading.

A little bit of a run could breed some confidence, get the team playing stronger. Maybe help to cut out nervous mistakes.

The next three undefeated with two or more wins and you're starting to really build something. Momentum. Didn't take long for Hull to power their way out of trouble once they got going.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:51 - Feb 15 with 2081 viewsKieran_Knows

If we want to have any realistic chance of staying up, it's got to be a minimum of 7 points from those 3 games.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:51 - Feb 15 with 2076 viewsChampionship

Call me insane but i'd take 6 points.
Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:52 - Feb 15 with 2070 viewsTractorCam

7 points minimum, starting with a win tomorrow. A defeat tomorrow just takes us back to square one.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:54 - Feb 15 with 2064 viewsFtnfwest

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:50 - Feb 15 by Guthrum

A little bit of a run could breed some confidence, get the team playing stronger. Maybe help to cut out nervous mistakes.

The next three undefeated with two or more wins and you're starting to really build something. Momentum. Didn't take long for Hull to power their way out of trouble once they got going.

you never know, they key thing though is if we assume minimum 2 wins out of the next three, one of those 2 has to be v reading
Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:07 - Feb 15 with 2028 viewsGuthrum

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:54 - Feb 15 by Ftnfwest

you never know, they key thing though is if we assume minimum 2 wins out of the next three, one of those 2 has to be v reading

Ideally, yes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:07 - Feb 15 with 2033 viewsitfcjoe

Wigan have a very good home record, anything we get there will be good - combine a point with 2 wins at home and I'll be believing!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:12 - Feb 15 with 2018 viewsHarry_Palmer

We would need to win all three matches before I would seriously consider us as having a chance of actually surviving as apposed to just closing the gap a bit.
Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:15 - Feb 15 with 2002 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's been ages since we had an important match, at least 36 hours

All games have been massive since we got cut adrift. Those are certainly 'winnable' on paper (if you ignore that we can't get a win for love nor money, but hopefully that can change).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:33 - Feb 15 with 1973 viewsGooders7592

Has to be 7 points with Reading a must win as it's a 6 pointer.
Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:37 - Feb 15 with 1959 viewsReuser_is_God

If we get 7 points from these 3 games then we are right back in the scrap.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:43 - Feb 15 with 1946 viewsGlasgowBlue

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:49 - Feb 15 by Coastalblue

We could get 9 points out of those games and by conituing the way we are playing it wouldn't be a shock, I very, very much doubt we will though.

Personally I think 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss from those three and four points is not going to be enough.

If we beat Stoke mind you, if, then the boost we get going into the next two would be huge.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we got all 9 points providing PL has all of his players fit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:50 - Feb 15 with 1926 viewsChampionship

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:43 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we got all 9 points providing PL has all of his players fit.

Maybe even 12 if we play our joker at the right time.
Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:55 - Feb 15 with 1909 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:50 - Feb 15 by Guthrum

Definitely.

I would almost say if we didn't get nine points, the way we are playing, it would be a disappointment. get 9 though and it puts us in with a real shout.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:56 - Feb 15 with 1904 viewsSamWhiteUK

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 13:16 - Feb 15 by Ftnfwest

Aren't those 2 things pretty much the same?
If we can get 12 points.... on 15:23 - Feb 15 with 1850 viewsBloots

....from the next 3 matches. then I reckon we'll give ourselves a real chance of survival.

COYFBs!!!!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

You been on the Buckie? (n/t) on 15:25 - Feb 15 with 1842 viewsBloots

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:43 - Feb 15 by GlasgowBlue

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Its all about if we can keep the energy going.... on 15:33 - Feb 15 with 1829 viewsunstableblue

.... we've played two very high tempo games and the progress has been palpable.

Having Chalobah deep mopping up and then passing with urgency has been massive, combined with the energy of Bishop and a front two.

However, can we keep it up, and will Skuse drop back in and potentially slow us down?

My fear is Saturday the attendance will drop, and the atmosphere and we won't play with the same verve.

Lets see. Win on Saturday and I do see a run coming.

Rottherham have sheff wed in a derby, away at Reading, home to blackburn
Bolton have Norwich at home, then away at Leeds, away at Swansea
Reading away at Sheff U, rotherham at home, away at town
Millwall away at Derby, home in-form Preston, away at in-form Hull, home to Norwich

BELIEVE!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Its all about if we can keep the energy going.... on 15:59 - Feb 15 with 1778 viewsCoastalblue

Its all about if we can keep the energy going.... on 15:33 - Feb 15 by unstableblue

.... we've played two very high tempo games and the progress has been palpable.

Having Chalobah deep mopping up and then passing with urgency has been massive, combined with the energy of Bishop and a front two.

However, can we keep it up, and will Skuse drop back in and potentially slow us down?

My fear is Saturday the attendance will drop, and the atmosphere and we won't play with the same verve.

Lets see. Win on Saturday and I do see a run coming.

Rottherham have sheff wed in a derby, away at Reading, home to blackburn
Bolton have Norwich at home, then away at Leeds, away at Swansea
Reading away at Sheff U, rotherham at home, away at town
Millwall away at Derby, home in-form Preston, away at in-form Hull, home to Norwich

BELIEVE!!

I think the key is having Bishop and Judge starting, if they're both fit and raring to go then we have a chance, a good one in all of those games, without them I worry a bit we will turn a bit pedestrian and toothless again.

Regardless someone needs to start scoring some goals.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 16:38 - Feb 15 with 1716 viewsjpring89

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:50 - Feb 15 by Championship

Maybe even 12 if we play our joker at the right time.

Don’t think Adeyemi is available

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 16:45 - Feb 15 with 1696 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 14:56 - Feb 15 by SamWhiteUK

Aren't those 2 things pretty much the same?

Not really, one of the wins needs to be against our relegation rivals, especially when they are the ones out of the relegation zone.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 16:46 - Feb 15 with 1695 viewsLeagueOne

On paper we could pick up those 9 points, those are three beatable teams but because we're prone a couple of howlers every game and so toothless up front (especially now Sears is gone) I can't see us being able to win any of those fixtures, regardless of how hard we work.

We've played our fair share of non-teams already and only managed to beat Wigan and Rotherham and even then it was touch and go, it's just not going to happen. Chances are after the great showing we had this week we'll get beaten by Stoke, in fact, the last time Stoke even won a game was against us.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 16:47]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Next 3 fixtures - Huge ! on 16:49 - Feb 15 with 1683 viewsjpring89

Before I read this post I had been myself just going down through the fixtures and bearing in mind were playing well at the moment we still have a chance. For weeks we have all been saying that’s it it’s done now. It really is not. I really believe by the time we play Reading we could get to within a point or two of them after beating them hopefully. WBA and Bristol games won’t be a doddle but think of the pressure on those teams by that time aswell. Football is a funny old game you just never know what can happen.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024