Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... 13:12 - Feb 15 with 2077 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...removed from 'Elite level football'.

That's all very well, but you'd think he'd want them out of Scottish football too.

;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:27 - Feb 15 with 2015 viewsSteve_M

Despite the obviousness of the joke, I laughed.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:43 - Feb 15 with 1976 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hope so, then hopefully, they'll ban them in all forms of FA football

Causes so many injuries, I've lost 4 players this season from injuries suffered on 3g pitches

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:50 - Feb 15 with 1958 viewsLesta_Tractor

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:43 - Feb 15 by FrimleyBlue

Causes so many injuries, I've lost 4 players this season from injuries suffered on 3g pitches

Out of interest, what kind of injuries do you get on 3g that you wouldn't on grass?

I play hockey and have noticed that my legs hurt a lot less after playing on a water-based pitch than they do after playing on a sand-based one.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:53 - Feb 15 with 1950 viewsFrimleyBlue

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:50 - Feb 15 by Lesta_Tractor

Out of interest, what kind of injuries do you get on 3g that you wouldn't on grass?

I play hockey and have noticed that my legs hurt a lot less after playing on a water-based pitch than they do after playing on a sand-based one.

We've had 3 knee injuries and 1 ankle

The players say it's not a natural feel when landing or turning, so a lot of the time the foot sticks, knees jar etc

And then you've got the 'grass burn' effect, where most clubs fail to keep the pitch wet, which they're supposed too

Waka waka eh eh

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:56 - Feb 15 with 1925 viewsLesta_Tractor

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:53 - Feb 15 by FrimleyBlue

The players say it's not a natural feel when landing or turning, so a lot of the time the foot sticks, knees jar etc

And then you've got the 'grass burn' effect, where most clubs fail to keep the pitch wet, which they're supposed too

Interesting point about the clubs not keeping the pitches wet.

We see a lot more facial injuries when our pitches haven't been watered as the rock hard ball can bounce up to head height on a dry water-based.

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:59 - Feb 15 with 1919 viewsFrimleyBlue

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:56 - Feb 15 by Lesta_Tractor

Interesting point about the clubs not keeping the pitches wet.

We see a lot more facial injuries when our pitches haven't been watered as the rock hard ball can bounce up to head height on a dry water-based.

The nature of 3g is supposed to be as natural as you can get to grass. But for that to happen you've got to keep it wet, so that the ball isn't just bouncing off a rock hard crumb layed pitch, or a sand based rock hard pitch

The water will then minimise the burn effect, reduce the bounce of the ball making it more natural.

Waka waka eh eh

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:59 - Feb 15 with 1921 viewsitfcjoe

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:53 - Feb 15 by FrimleyBlue

I think improving them is the key, as they can be the life blood of non league clubs and communities - where they can be played on all week and not just for games without fear of ruing the pitch.

What are the newer 4G pitches like?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 14:05 - Feb 15 with 1904 viewsFrimleyBlue

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:59 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

I think improving them is the key, as they can be the life blood of non league clubs and communities - where they can be played on all week and not just for games without fear of ruing the pitch.

This is the biggest problem

I've been to Sutton, Walton casuals, bedfont, whyteleaf

All of them supposed to have the 'new 4g' however everyone is different. The players favourite and felt most natural was Bedfonts.

The issue is, there's to many versions available that somehow manage to pass the FA test. have a look at the below highlights, watch how much crumb comes up. This is the Surrey FA Headoffice/Dorking Wanderers new pitch. And they call this natural?

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 14:12 - Feb 15 with 1892 viewsLesta_Tractor

I'd love to know how the water-based hockey pitches compare to the 3g footy pitches but the nearest one (that I've played on) to Ipswich is in Chigwell.

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 14:31 - Feb 15 with 1856 viewsGooders7592

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 13:43 - Feb 15 by FrimleyBlue

That doesn't surprise me. I've had issues with my ankle and it's always felt worse after playing on 3G & 4G - not to mention the 'grass burns' which are horrific.
Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 14:51 - Feb 15 with 1818 viewsitfcjoe

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 14:05 - Feb 15 by FrimleyBlue

This is the biggest problem

I've been to Sutton, Walton casuals, bedfont, whyteleaf

All of them supposed to have the 'new 4g' however everyone is different. The players favourite and felt most natural was Bedfonts.

The issue is, there's to many versions available that somehow manage to pass the FA test. have a look at the below highlights, watch how much crumb comes up. This is the Surrey FA Headoffice/Dorking Wanderers new pitch. And they call this natural?

May be the issue is the FA allowing poorer ones to pass test - and lack of maintenance and investment in them once they have been fitted?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 15:41 - Feb 15 with 1756 viewsFrimleyBlue

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 14:51 - Feb 15 by itfcjoe

May be the issue is the FA allowing poorer ones to pass test - and lack of maintenance and investment in them once they have been fitted?

Oh 100%

Will be interesting to see also what clubs do indeed replace their surfaces every 10 years too.

Problem is, the main reason the 3g's pitches are put in is to be a money maker, problem there are clubs ignore the safety aspect of artificial pitches and don't actually pay for the correct maintenance and just use it weekly with no care other than blow some leaves off the surface,

Waka waka eh eh

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 16:25 - Feb 15 with 1710 viewsflimflam

4G is just sale chatter, no such thing, we have never moved beyond 3G.

If you dont believe me then this is from the Suffolk FA guide to artificial pitches -

“At the moment there is no such thing as 4G or 5G, terms sometimes used by sales-people. Some manufacturers may promote non-infilled products, but these have not received acceptance as a suitable football surface and often struggle to satisfy FIFA requirements”
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 16:28]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Steven Gerrard wants artificial pitches to be... on 16:52 - Feb 15 with 1662 viewsBLUEBEAT

Are the Playford Road pitches artificial?

If so, I would wonder if they’re the reason the club have so many ACL (or similar) injuries...?

The players get used to pounding up and down on them, then on match days they play on grass which has a totally different feel/grip/give and this leads to injuries...

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024