Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These climate strikes today 13:39 - Feb 15 with 18868 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brilliant to see the passion from a bunch of kids who, quite frankly, are putting many adults and certainly most politicians to shame.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47250424

PM's response apparently 'get back to school you little horrors, you're being a nuisance' . Bitch.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

These climate strikes today on 13:48 - Feb 15 with 5690 viewsChampionship

Will they be back tomorrow or is it just a Friday thing?

I can't blame them, brilliant idea to get out of school for the day.
These climate strikes today on 13:50 - Feb 15 with 5687 viewsGavTWTD

Not sure I understand why it couldn't have been a day in the half term. Ok it wouldn't have been a "strike" then.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

These climate strikes today on 13:56 - Feb 15 with 5658 viewsFtnfwest

the sacrifice they're making in bunking off school is to be admired
These climate strikes today on 14:07 - Feb 15 with 5643 viewsSwansea_Blue

These climate strikes today on 13:50 - Feb 15 by GavTWTD

Not sure I understand why it couldn't have been a day in the half term. Ok it wouldn't have been a "strike" then.

Kills two birds with one stone dunnit; both make a very valid point and get to go on a jolly. Good planning that. Best we've seen from the Westminster area for some time.

These climate strikes today on 14:16 - Feb 15 with 5621 viewsSwansea_Blue

These climate strikes today on 13:48 - Feb 15 by Championship

Will they be back tomorrow or is it just a Friday thing?

I can't blame them, brilliant idea to get out of school for the day.

Are the politicians going to be there tomorrow?

These climate strikes today on 14:25 - Feb 15 with 5614 viewsRyorry

These climate strikes today on 14:07 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

Kills two birds with one stone dunnit; both make a very valid point and get to go on a jolly. Good planning that. Best we've seen from the Westminster area for some time.

I've often thought that a small (say 10-20) group of sixth-formers would have done a 100 x better job of negotiating Brexit than the current government.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

These climate strikes today on 14:30 - Feb 15 with 5608 viewsfloridaboy

Any excuse to bunk off school. Protect the planet my backside!!

What will they board to go on their holidays - an aeroplane!

How do many get to school - a car

12 year olds with an opinion. I don't think so!
These climate strikes today on 14:31 - Feb 15 with 5599 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 14:30 - Feb 15 by floridaboy

Any excuse to bunk off school. Protect the planet my backside!!

What will they board to go on their holidays - an aeroplane!

How do many get to school - a car

12 year olds with an opinion. I don't think so!

Perhaps when they are adults they'll make better choices than their parents. You should be thanking them. Florida will be under water pretty soon.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

These climate strikes today on 14:34 - Feb 15 with 5603 viewsWithnail

Shows they have been sufficiently brain washed. Heard one of them say on the radio that we have 12 months to save the planet.

Think I heard that about 20 years ago.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 14:35]
These climate strikes today on 14:36 - Feb 15 with 5588 viewsWithnail

These climate strikes today on 13:56 - Feb 15 by Ftnfwest

I would have protested for remain, if it got me off school.

Fair play to them.
These climate strikes today on 14:38 - Feb 15 with 5572 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 14:34 - Feb 15 by Withnail

Shows they have been sufficiently brain washed. Heard one of them say on the radio that we have 12 months to save the planet.

Please, tell us more about your thoughts on how climate change will impact the Earth over the coming years.

Those poor kids, brainwashed by scientific fact. We need to get them down the nearest Wetherspoons pronto to be reeducated by some puffed up, half-cut, day drinking gammon.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 14:45]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

These climate strikes today on 14:38 - Feb 15 with 5533 viewsGlasgowBlue

These climate strikes today on 14:07 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

I'm hoping that the school won't object when I take my kids on a geography lesson to Tenerife a couple of days before term ends.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

These climate strikes today on 14:39 - Feb 15 with 5575 viewsSwansea_Blue

These climate strikes today on 14:25 - Feb 15 by Ryorry

I've often thought that a small (say 10-20) group of sixth-formers would have done a 100 x better job of negotiating Brexit than the current government.

I find it thoroughly bizarre that a lot of people are more concerned about whether a few kids are in school today than one of the biggest challenges facing the human race. Bizarre and depressing.

These climate strikes today on 14:40 - Feb 15 with 5563 viewsBluespeed225

Need to check the timetables of those protesting. Games/media studies/art, all going on, double Maths, 'Everybody out!'....
These climate strikes today on 14:40 - Feb 15 with 5555 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 14:39 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

I find it thoroughly bizarre that a lot of people are more concerned about whether a few kids are in school today than one of the biggest challenges facing the human race. Bizarre and depressing.

Sneering condescension and selfishness seems to be a common trait in the kind of person who does that.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 14:40]

These climate strikes today on 14:44 - Feb 15 with 5532 viewsRyorry

These climate strikes today on 14:39 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

I don't even have kids, and I'm gobsmacked pretty much daily by the total shortsightedness of so many supposed adults who don't seem either able or willing to contemplate what kind of future their children/grandchildren won't have if we continue to wreck our planet at the current rate ...

These climate strikes today on 14:49 - Feb 15 with 5507 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 14:44 - Feb 15 by Ryorry

I don't even have kids, and I'm gobsmacked pretty much daily by the total shortsightedness of so many supposed adults who don't seem either able or willing to contemplate what kind of future their children/grandchildren won't have if we continue to wreck our planet at the current rate ...

Some people are just unable to comprehend that climate change is happening because they do not see any direct impacts. Their street isn't under water, their crops aren't failing. In the richest parts of the world it doesn't happen on a human scale, so it is easy to dismiss and maintain your current way of living. Politicians add to this laziness and won't act because, frankly, they'll take the hit now and not be around to be thanked for their action later down the world.

Where we start to see real world impacts is in some of the poorest parts of the world, and when it really gets going it will trigger a refugee crisis the likes of which we've not seen before.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 14:50]

These climate strikes today on 14:51 - Feb 15 with 5505 viewsWithnail

These climate strikes today on 14:38 - Feb 15 by SpruceMoose

Please, tell us more about your thoughts on how climate change will impact the Earth over the coming years.

Those poor kids, brainwashed by scientific fact. We need to get them down the nearest Wetherspoons pronto to be reeducated by some puffed up, half-cut, day drinking gammon.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 14:45]

Well, seeing as the climate has always changed, the impact is probably the same as it always has been.

Didn't one of the so called experts say years ago that our children (who will be grown up now) won't know what snow looks like?

It's OK though, humans can now control the earth's climate apparently.
These climate strikes today on 14:54 - Feb 15 with 5476 viewsfooters

A vast, vast majority of the world's scientists must have been brainwashed too. But no worry, some twanger on a second division football forum knows better.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

These climate strikes today on 14:58 - Feb 15 with 5467 viewsitfcjoe

These climate strikes today on 14:51 - Feb 15 by Withnail

Well, seeing as the climate has always changed, the impact is probably the same as it always has been.

Didn't one of the so called experts say years ago that our children (who will be grown up now) won't know what snow looks like?

Classic Brexiteer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

These climate strikes today on 15:03 - Feb 15 with 5436 viewsFtnfwest

These climate strikes today on 14:36 - Feb 15 by Withnail

I would have protested for remain, if it got me off school.

Fair play to them.

you'd have 'left to remain' sort of?
These climate strikes today on 15:05 - Feb 15 with 5427 viewsLord_Lucan

These climate strikes today on 13:56 - Feb 15 by Ftnfwest

Exactly

Lazy bastards

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

These climate strikes today on 15:06 - Feb 15 with 5422 viewsRyorry

These climate strikes today on 14:54 - Feb 15 by footers

A vast, vast majority of the world's scientists must have been brainwashed too. But no worry, some twanger on a second division football forum knows better.

Wrong. Third-division barring a miracle ...

These climate strikes today on 15:07 - Feb 15 with 5422 viewsLeagueOne

I remember about 25 years ago they said East Anglia would become a desert and wouldn't be able to sustain the greenery it does now due to the increasing heat, about 10-12 years ago this was revised to say we would be flooded and Norwich would end up under the sea.

Sometimes you have to break some eggs...

I am all for reducing emissions and making the world greener, ultimately if there were fewer people everywhere there would be fewer problems too, but nobody seems to really want to address that, but its an obvious problem as we're now living longer and the more of us there are, the more resource we need to sustain life and thus a bigger drain we are on the planet. I'd like to see cars be done away with and a better public transport system put in place too, but hey ho.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

These climate strikes today on 15:08 - Feb 15 with 5407 viewsSpruceMoose

These climate strikes today on 14:51 - Feb 15 by Withnail

Where are you picking up this information? I hope you take the time to read what follows as I would actually like to seriously debate this with you.

The evidence for the human cause of global warming is overwhelming and has been accepted for years now.

Yes, the climate has changed before, even before humans existed, we know why they occurred and we know that mass extinctions followed.It is indisputable that there is a link between rising CO2 levels and global temperatures which then leads to damage to biosystems. The fact that climate has changed before doesn't disprove that we are the cause this time around.

So, past rapid increases in CO2 and rising global temperatures have something in common. Mass extinctions.

I'll give you an example. The Permian Mass Extinction which was 250 million years ago and brought about by gigantic volcanic eruptions in Siberia. Guess what that set about causing? A massive increase in Greenhouse gases and rising temperatures. Now guess the percentage of life that was wiped out. I'll tell you. Around 90%.

The fact that climate has changed before actually adds weight to the argument that the unprecedented levels of greenhouse gases that humans have been, and are currently, releasing to the atmosphere are going to have catastrophic consequences.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024