Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. 19:38 - Feb 15 with 4588 viewsBLUEBEAT

It’s a funny old game.

Poll: W or W

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 22:40 - Feb 15 with 4494 viewsmarcus1642

They'll go with a 4-5-1, and over run us in midfield, two CM's, a DM and two wide men to support the lone CF.

Their wingers will push our full backs into our defensive half most of the time. That's my theory anyway.

We'll see if Mick Mills agrees!
If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 23:48 - Feb 15 with 4425 viewsSeablu

Thankfully, Paul Lambert will have anticipated this and will spring a tactical masterclass on the jug makers.
Or maybe not.
If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 00:05 - Feb 16 with 4402 viewsChocorange

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 23:48 - Feb 15 by Seablu

Thankfully, Paul Lambert will have anticipated this and will spring a tactical masterclass on the jug makers.
Or maybe not.

According to Harry , they played a diamond in their last match.
So they may just match us up.... Thinking that their superior players will overrun us.

However we have fight, support and according to Harry the diamond does not suit their players according to their fans.
If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 04:44 - Feb 16 with 4310 viewsharlingblue

Keep the system and team that played on Wednesday, stop chopping and changing players. That was the best that we have played under PL. Time for us to mould as a team, let the opposition worry about us for a change.
If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 05:00 - Feb 16 with 4303 viewsBenters2

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 04:44 - Feb 16 by harlingblue

Keep the system and team that played on Wednesday, stop chopping and changing players. That was the best that we have played under PL. Time for us to mould as a team, let the opposition worry about us for a change.

I agree.
If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 07:15 - Feb 16 with 4235 viewsKieran_Knows

That’s the spirit.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 07:26 - Feb 16 with 4222 viewsHerbivore

It's really not that straightforward.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 07:55 - Feb 16 with 4176 viewsKeaneish

How about we just nullify it by playing higher up the pitch, pushing the full back on to stop the wide player having time on the ball and shuffle the defence round to make a tighter unit? Just a thought. Maybe call PL quick before it's too late.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 07:57 - Feb 16 with 4171 viewsEly_Blue

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 00:05 - Feb 16 by Chocorange

So they may just match us up.... Thinking that their superior players will overrun us.

However we have fight, support and according to Harry the diamond does not suit their players according to their fans.

In the same way that Derby thought their superior players would over run us on Wednesday!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 08:18 - Feb 16 with 4120 viewsGuthrum

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 04:44 - Feb 16 by harlingblue

Except when enforced by injury (or possible impending departure), Lambert has hardly been one for tinkering excessively with the starting lineup.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 08:28 - Feb 16 with 4094 viewsHerbivore

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 08:18 - Feb 16 by Guthrum

Except when enforced by injury (or possible impending departure), Lambert has hardly been one for tinkering excessively with the starting lineup.

That was true pre-January but since then we seem to have averaged about 4 changes per game and ordinarily not because of injury.

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 08:39 - Feb 16 with 4075 viewstextbackup

Thing is we literally have nothing to lose now, we need to win.

So if we go at them playing our own game and get beaten then I can handle that. If we set up to match them and draw/lose I’d be annoyed.

Time to be brave and carry on building the system we’ve adopted

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 08:47 - Feb 16 with 4046 viewsartsbossbeard

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 07:55 - Feb 16 by Keaneish

How about we just nullify it by playing higher up the pitch, pushing the full back on to stop the wide player having time on the ball and shuffle the defence round to make a tighter unit? Just a thought. Maybe call PL quick before it's too late.

We could point our phasers at the diliphium crystals and get out on impulse power.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 08:50 - Feb 16 with 4035 viewsHerbivore

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 08:39 - Feb 16 by textbackup

Thing is we literally have nothing to lose now, we need to win.

So if we go at them playing our own game and get beaten then I can handle that. If we set up to match them and draw/lose I’d be annoyed.

Time to be brave and carry on building the system we’ve adopted

This. Throw caution to the wind and see what happens, at least it should be entertaining.

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 08:52 - Feb 16 with 4020 viewsChurchman75

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 07:55 - Feb 16 by Keaneish

we need to employ a witch doctor
or
someone needs to go pee in all four corners

no luck, change of luck

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 09:01 - Feb 16 with 3997 viewschristiand

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 00:05 - Feb 16 by Chocorange

They did, but Wigan exposed that system and they were getting over run on the flanks. I wonder if Stoke will play the same formation as Wigan to counter our own diamond formation today?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 09:16 - Feb 16 with 3951 viewsWonky

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 08:52 - Feb 16 by Churchman75

or

no luck, change of luck

I've been peeing in all four for years so that clearly doesn't help.
If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 10:15 - Feb 16 with 3838 viewsBLUEBEAT

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 08:52 - Feb 16 by Churchman75

or

no luck, change of luck

I knew Barry Fry would be our saviour one day.

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 11:22 - Feb 16 with 3776 viewsMrTown

Diamond. Stoke will play the diamond aswell, they’re persisting with it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 14:59 - Feb 16 with 3645 viewsBackToRussia

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 15:03 - Feb 16 with 3629 viewsBLUEBEAT

If we play same system tomorrow, I bet Stoke will set-up wide and kill us. on 14:59 - Feb 16 by BackToRussia

Thanks, Stuart
[Post edited 16 Feb 2019 15:04]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024