Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? 15:00 - Feb 16 with 3654 viewsPhilTWTD

Chatting with a couple of the senior figures in the pressroom and none of us could recall a keeper ever captaining Town prior to Bart. Did Paul Cooper ever wear the armband? Can't think of anyone else who might have done.
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 15:03 - Feb 16 with 3266 viewsCoco

Thought Forrest did a few times?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 15:20 - Feb 16 with 3208 viewspatrickswell

Cooper captained the side a few times in 86-87, I would have thought while Butcher was injured in 85-86 he would have been the go-to guy as well.
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 15:50 - Feb 16 with 3113 viewsJuggsy

Odd choice for me, can’t command his own box let alone the team.
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 15:54 - Feb 16 with 3086 viewsTrumptonBlue

Jack Parry at Swansea in 54/55 is the only one I can see from TMWMTT. The regular captain, Tommy Parker, played, but Parry was from Swansea so was given the captaincy for that game only. He got injured and Town lost 6-1.
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 16:42 - Feb 16 with 2988 viewsPerublue

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 15:03 - Feb 16 by Coco

Thought Forrest did a few times?

I instantly thought the same....so no doubt he didn't

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 17:18 - Feb 16 with 2855 viewsKieran_Knows

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 15:54 - Feb 16 by TrumptonBlue

Jack Parry at Swansea in 54/55 is the only one I can see from TMWMTT. The regular captain, Tommy Parker, played, but Parry was from Swansea so was given the captaincy for that game only. He got injured and Town lost 6-1.

TWTD.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 17:31 - Feb 16 with 2817 viewsCrawfordsboot

Perhaps Bailey?
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 17:32 - Feb 16 with 2816 viewsRadlett_blue

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 15:50 - Feb 16 by Juggsy

There is a rule that Town's highest paid player is allowed the armband if he wants it.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 17:33 - Feb 16 with 2806 viewsTractorCam

Gerken was captain away to Palace last season.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 17:34 - Feb 16 with 2802 viewsMrTown

Gerken v Crystal Palace.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 17:35 - Feb 16 with 2800 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Did Richard Wright ever take over as captain when someone went off injured?

I also had the feeling Forrest might have done.

Was there any instance where one got to wear it because it was their whatever-th appearance?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 17:36 - Feb 16 with 2795 viewsFifeITFC

Didn't Ruchard Wright do a couple of games?

I'm 99.9% sure Forrest didn't though.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 17:37 - Feb 16 with 2792 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 15:50 - Feb 16 by Juggsy

If the ability to lead the team is the pre-requisite, Collins is the only player on our books who could qualify.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 18:33 - Feb 16 with 2723 viewsPhilTWTD

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 15:54 - Feb 16 by TrumptonBlue

That wasn't one which immediately came to mind, I have to admit. Strong statting!
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 18:33 - Feb 16 with 2720 viewsPhilTWTD

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 15:20 - Feb 16 by patrickswell

Cooper captained the side a few times in 86-87, I would have thought while Butcher was injured in 85-86 he would have been the go-to guy as well.

That was who I thought might have done but wasn't sure.
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 18:34 - Feb 16 with 2710 viewsPhilTWTD

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 17:33 - Feb 16 by TractorCam

Gerken was captain away to Palace last season.

Good call, had forgotten that.
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 18:46 - Feb 16 with 2666 viewsRyorry

Cooper was first to come to my mind too.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 18:52 - Feb 16 with 2655 viewspatrickswell

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 18:33 - Feb 16 by PhilTWTD

That was who I thought might have done but wasn't sure.

I used to have an old programme from around October 1986 which featured a short news story and photo of Cooper captaining us for the first time ever, I think, in a Full Members Cup tie with Plymouth.
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 18:57 - Feb 16 with 2636 viewsFifeITFC

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 18:52 - Feb 16 by patrickswell

I used to have an old programme from around October 1986 which featured a short news story and photo of Cooper captaining us for the first time ever, I think, in a Full Members Cup tie with Plymouth.

I think I remember that too. Yellow Adidas goalie top photo with mascot and ref.

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 19:08 - Feb 16 with 2609 viewspatrickswell

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 18:57 - Feb 16 by FifeITFC

I think I remember that too. Yellow Adidas goalie top photo with mascot and ref.

Yep, and Clive Goodyear captaining Plymouth. The headline was Proud Captain Cooper. Which I remember solely because my mother read it and called him Pooper. I laughed like a drain (I was 10 at the time).
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 19:57 - Feb 16 with 2503 viewsPerublue

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 18:34 - Feb 16 by PhilTWTD

Good call, had forgotten that.

Sooo are us Forrest suggestees suffering from the Mandela effect or I wonder if he ever captained the Canadians and that's where it came from

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 20:03 - Feb 16 with 2487 viewsPhilTWTD

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 19:57 - Feb 16 by Perublue

Sooo are us Forrest suggestees suffering from the Mandela effect or I wonder if he ever captained the Canadians and that's where it came from

I was waiting to see if anyone came up with further info on him or Wright. I don't recall either of them skippering, which isn't to say they definitely didn't.
Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 20:51 - Feb 16 with 2415 viewsFifeITFC

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 20:03 - Feb 16 by PhilTWTD

I was waiting to see if anyone came up with further info on him or Wright. I don't recall either of them skippering, which isn't to say they definitely didn't.

I was fairly certain Forrest didn't, but I bought Wright did a couple of games due to injuries but I hold my hands up that I might be wrong.

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 21:19 - Feb 16 with 2377 viewsKeaneish

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 20:03 - Feb 16 by PhilTWTD

Looks like he did in the absence of McCauley at one stage:

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/wright-we-re-out-to-impress-1-1

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Bart first goalkeeper ever to captain Town? on 21:57 - Feb 16 with 2328 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I think it would have been Ian Atkins taking over from Butcher back then.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024